Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 506280 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #390 on: November 02, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
Now if only he could get a kick

He will be better than Royce Hart, so how about being positive and dropping the attitude?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

gerkin greg

« Reply #391 on: November 02, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »
Who the hell do you think you are? I know people that know people at the club that tell me how to think, thank you very much  >:(

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »
I hope Benny shaves his head for the 2012 season opener. Would look like a monster. :bow
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2011, 11:16:36 PM »
have said it a few times now. hes the most overhyped player ive seen at richmond in a while.all this love for a player who to date has done zilch nought nothing.
i liked carlisle and black as talls better than him and for now i will stick to that. have said a few times also with that pick i would have taken bastinac.

dwaino

« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »
I hope Benny shaves his head for the 2012 season opener. Would look like a monster. :bow

I reckon he's got a Deledio + Mick Molloy going about his whole head.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
have said it a few times now. hes the most overhyped player ive seen at richmond in a while.all this love for a player who to date has done zilch nought nothing.
i liked carlisle and black as talls better than him and for now i will stick to that. have said a few times also with that pick i would have taken bastinac.

Agree has had a bit of hype but there have been far bigger hypes than Griffiths.

Tambling for one. Nathan Brown was the messiah when he came to the club. Lets not forget Ben Cousins.

Anyone with potential rightly has anticipation from fans hanging off them, its been happening for decades and will continue to do so.

Hope Benny plays injury free this year.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Well excuse us for getting excited about a man mountain KPP with, speed, good hands and a big long hoof!

What are his odds for the coleman next year?
 im going all in.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
He looks fat
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
One word.."whoa"...with Grigg,  TV and JR8 inside 50 that aint a forward line, its a dynasty :shh

His name is Griff, partner. ;)

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
To say a lot rest on his shoulders is an under statement. :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
Just wondering, would any player have should strapping for a skills session?

dwaino

« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
Some blokes are bigger buzz kills than Buzz Killington!

Looking forward to a fit Griiffffsstteeerrrr.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »

He has shown glimpses but looks the goods.

Not hard to get excited about at 6ft 7 kpp who can mark, kick, chase down tackle and shows Footy smarts.

It's okay to look forward, the game is as much about the potential as it's about the end result, ask a cats supporter
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2011, 10:15:03 PM »

By 'most overhyped player ive seen at richmond in a while', I guess you mean a short while.

The way I see it, Griffiths has fallen off the radar with the emergence of Vickery as a power forward.
He's got some work to do to make an impact at AFL level.

BTW I too was an advocate for Bastinac but wish Big Ben lots of luck. He's got the tools.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2011, 12:07:35 AM »
Here we go...Griffs turn, he has been injured since he came to the club, never had a decent preseason or continuity regarding games played......write him off.......

Good luck Maric and Morris, like I said during trade week, better perform or yor threads will change into this!!!!! :banghead

I reckon this kid will be one of the power forwards in the comp in 2-3 years if he can get that shoulder right and a few preseasons. He plays better than Edwards does now and he hasnt been on the park.... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"