Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 459235 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #540 on: May 09, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
My issue with Griffiths is that in the games he did play he didnt show that he knew how to get the footy. Hardly touched the footy at all in any of the games.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #541 on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
My issue with Griffiths is that in the games he did play he didnt show that he knew how to get the footy. Hardly touched the footy at all in any of the games.

Thank you.
At thats the same train of thought that was discussed at TAC levels
And the links that have been posted prove that
4 kicks a game :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
No wonder we dont play finals :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
Not sure how the bloke is meant to find his own footy as a KPF, would think that job is up to the mids. Those averages are better than what TV is dishing up at the minute anyway.

He did what he had to in his junior games, took contested marks and kicked straight and long.

If he had no injury concerns, he would have been swooped up long before pick 19 end of story. Your a fool to talk as if he would have slipped to the rookie draft. Griffiths (fit) would have gone in the first round guaranteed.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: May 09, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

Thank you.
No wonder we dont play finals :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
So we don't play finals because Griffiths averaged 4 kicks a game genius?  :rollin

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #544 on: May 09, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »

Thank you.
So we don't play finals because Griffiths averaged 4 kicks a game genius?  :rollin

Yeah, if only he averaged 5 kicks a game like Hawkins he could he could win us a grand final off his own boot (Like Hawkins) :wallywink

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: May 09, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »

Thank you.

Yeah, if only he averaged 5 kicks a game like Hawkins he could he could win us a grand final off his own boot (Like Hawkins) :wallywink
Dammit, why didn't the nuffers draft someone who could average 5 kicks, even 6, no wonder we dont play finals  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »

Fair criticism. I think that this is why they have looked to play him in defence so he is forced to get involved in the game. Fair strategy too.

He's looked very good in the Coburg games I have seen this year. Tremendous kick, strong mark and good at ground level.
Was starting to make real inroads and felt as senior birth was close.
I am very disappointed to read that he's out again for a prolonged period.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
Why all the hate for Big Benny at the moment. Still an infant is the system given his height and injury concerns. Griffiths was a gamble which could pay off handsomely or fail miserably. The difference from this situation to past drafting bungles is that the club has a backup plan with Elton.

Give the kid time. We don't need to rush him in like we would have with a second round pick in the past. Our depth is beginning to grow so our reliance on unproven draftees is diminishing too.

Patience.  :thumbsup

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »

Thank you.

You miss the point once again.
we have had and currently have too many non performers on our list. Tell when Tom Derrikkx is going to get a game, he is very similiar to Griffiths as well, yet another non perfomer
I feel sorry for the likes of Cotch, Lids and co,
They carry players each week.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
and thats why Vickery keeps getting a game.
Hardly any pressure from Coburg for players deserving a game !!
Might also add pre season form poor as well from Griffiths and Derrickx
If they were any good, they would of played round 1

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2012, 11:11:06 AM »
BG is only out for a week.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: May 09, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »
BG is only out for a week.
Good news, best he come back and put in some big performances.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
good news here is hoping for a long period free from injury so he can really develop and gain confidence

10 FLAGS

« Reply #553 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
I dont have a problem with Griffiths, on the surface he looks like he has all the tools to big a big key forward, height, strength, pace and speed of the mark. In the games that he played I just wanted to see him get the footy say 15 times but alas he wasnt getting near it. I hope he can do it. I hope he can show us he can get on the park and get the footy. If he does that then we may have a player - until then, questions remain.

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #554 on: May 09, 2012, 12:32:22 PM »
The word fragile comes to mind here.