Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 447350 times)

Ramps

Re: Ben Griffiths to debut (RFC)
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2010, 07:55:45 PM »
dammit quite disappointed not to see griff. 

it's alright, just the corky.  we'll unleash him in front of the home crowd at the G next week.

i see this as being good player management. no risks with griffiths. next week he will be 2 from 2 as we notch up another win.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:56 AM »
dammit quite disappointed not to see griff. 

it's alright, just the corky.  we'll unleash him in front of the home crowd at the G next week.

i see this as being good player management. no risks with griffiths. next week he will be 2 from 2 as we notch up another win.

i agree Ramps! win number two next match, just hope Martin is not suffering from that corkie! however, i was disappointed griffiths was not playing last night, only because the excitement about this boy is massive! if astbury can be that leading tall forward and riewoldt and griffiths in the forward line, i am thinking of serious damage ahead!
 :)

Ramps

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
riewoldt griffiths and astbury need to be developed in the forward line as a group. there the 3 that can take us to the next level up forward.

Offline Lilrenegade

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
riewoldt griffiths and astbury need to be developed in the forward line as a group. there the 3 that can take us to the next level up forward.

Totally agree with this..... Just like Thursie,Moore and McGuane in the backline two years back.

If one of Griffiths/Astbury is struggling should be no harm to send him down back.
Just don't wanna see them crash into eachother all the time. It can happen when you have too many tall fowards.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »

Yep excluding injuries all three must play for the rest of the season to let the boys gel playing together. Really like Astbury too. Has a great work ethic just needs to work on his kicking for goal.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

Yep excluding injuries all three must play for the rest of the season to let the boys gel playing together. Really like Astbury too. Has a great work ethic just needs to work on his kicking for goal.
Agree with you for sure on this.  Gotta get some games in these fellas.  Astbury got the yips I reckon, Daly should get him into Reiwoldts ipod routine.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:33 PM »
I talked to Astbury at Richo's farewell who is a really nice bloke, he's a Ballarat boy where my family come from and played cricket with my cousin. He mentioned after the win against Port that Ben Griffiths is becoming a pest and he's going around at training saying "No Griffiths, No Richmond - 1 from 1 baby" lol

Completely tongue in cheek if it doesn't sound like it is. Glad to hear he's feeling apart of the club and has a bit of swagger.
Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:39 PM »
I talked to Astbury at Richo's farewell who is a really nice bloke, he's a Ballarat boy where my family come from and played cricket with my cousin. He mentioned after the win against Port that Ben Griffiths is becoming a pest and he's going around at training saying "No Griffiths, No Richmond - 1 from 1 baby" lol

Completely tongue in cheek if it doesn't sound like it is. Glad to hear he's feeling apart of the club and has a bit of swagger.

hes gonna be 2 from 2 at the end of next week lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
haha thats gold, gonna be hilarious with two big nutters in the forward line....
Lots of people name their swords......

Ramps

Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
He seems to be on the outside at this stage, skirting the packs - hes a 99kg KFWD whose 198cm tall. He needs to find more contests he needs to use his pace and make some leads, basically he just needs to find the footy IMHO. Just not in the game at the moment, but shows 1 or 2 things a game that gives major hope that he can be real good. Pick up of the ground, below his knees his really good, put metres into a defensive players in short sprint yesterday...if he can learn to find the ball then he'll be a real good player.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths needs to get to the footy more!
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2010, 02:06:10 PM »
He seems to be on the outside at this stage, skirting the packs - hes a 99kg KFWD whose 198cm tall. He needs to find more contests he needs to use his pace and make some leads, basically he just needs to find the footy IMHO. Just not in the game at the moment, but shows 1 or 2 things a game that gives major hope that he can be real good. Pick up of the ground, below his knees his really good, put metres into a defensive players in short sprint yesterday...if he can learn to find the ball then he'll be a real good player.
Maybe they need to find him too!

Ramps

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
Maybe they need to find him too!

thats also true

Gigantor

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
Dont forget guys this kid has missed alot of footy,not just this year but last year also...he need time ,and i mean time at the top

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »
More game time the better

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »
The delivery to Griffiths last night was not good too. He made many leads and created space for himself but they could only grubber the ball to him, kick it short or over his head.

He is busting packs and allowing Jack more freedom as the opposition teams can't double team them both. I am more than happy with him at the moment and look forward to him being a huge part of our forward line and he will be once he has a decent lead into the season.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"