Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 150065 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2011, 07:05:25 AM »
Yep.seen alot yesterday.1 kick that went 15 metres.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2011, 07:06:33 AM »
I can't believe supporters stick up for a player who clearly ain't up to it.he isn't in our best 30 let alone best 18. .cannot play

its because they are in denial and like to hang onto players living in the hope they will one day come good.

Mcguane, Edwards, Hislop, Farmer, Jackson, Dea, White, Thursfield, Graham, Pear, all average players who wont win you a flag. FACT!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2011, 07:08:54 AM »
I thought he was average yesterday, got caught out a lot positioning wise and in the reading of the play. In the final qtr when the game went up a gear he looked totally lost at times

Rightly or wrongly I have no doubt they will keep him but for mine it can only be a 1 year contract extension, any longer would not be in the clubs best interest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »
Batchelor.Newman.Houli.Lids.Griggs.Conca will fill the defensive sweeper spots next year anyway.don't forget Daniel Connors.or do we forget Daniel

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2011, 07:38:43 AM »
Seen enough to suggest  Matt Dea will be persevered with  - and enough to suggest that its too early either way to suggest he wont make it.

First sensible post in this thread for a fair while.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:20 AM »
Another very encouraging game from Matt Dea...again
Really like the look of this kid
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:18 AM »

1 kick is encouraging .lol.hate to see when he kicks the ball 5 times in a game.you would give him a five year contract..champagne comedy ..watch the game please.he got murdered

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
Seen enough to suggest  Matt Dea will be persevered with  - and enough to suggest that its too early either way to suggest he wont make it.

First sensible post in this thread for a fair while.

As I posted I have no doubt he will get another contract, I am bit of a believer that players need at least 3 years in the system, however giving him more than another 12 months at this stage would not be a smart move because there are still far to many question marks and can any club really afford to give 3 year deals to players on pure speculation of what "might" happen.

I thought he was good against the Swans = a number of positives but yesterday he didn't maintain that level from the week before and was found wanting a certain times...isn't the first and won't be the last but you look at say Grimes -v- Dea and I ask who's the best long term prospect at this stage
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »
watch the game please.

Don't need to pal. I'm happy with his progress and I'm sure the club is too. It's just the moronic , feral so-called supporters who have no clues about football who aren't at least a little encouraged by what they've seen of him.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:49 AM »
watch the game please.

Don't need to pal. I'm happy with his progress and I'm sure the club is too. It's just the moronic , feral so-called supporters who have no clues about football who aren't at least a little encouraged by what they've seen of him.

club hasnt got much idea based on previous 30 years performance. ::)
Grimes, Batchelor, Newman, Moore, Astbury,Connors, Conca, Helbig,Houli, Grigg, Lids,Post, Rance ,Thursfield are all before him....  Farmer ???McGaune???

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
watch the game please.

club hasnt got much idea based on previous 30 years performance. ::)
Grimes, Batchelor, Newman, Moore, Astbury,Connors, Conca, Helbig,Houli, Grigg, Lids,Post, Rance ,Thursfield are all before him....  Farmer ???McGaune???

old jack up to his old tricks.

the tiges win so you take pot shots on teenagers that have played a handful of games

how predictable and pathetic. :wallywink

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #326 on: August 22, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »
Mate, I was there cheering every goal, were you ????????

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »

1 kick is encouraging .lol.hate to see when he kicks the ball 5 times in a game.you would give him a five year contract..champagne comedy ..watch the game please.he got murdered
Fair Dinkum Jacko, do you get real true pleasure out of kids having a bad game.

To date, he has had no real pre-season and been injured pretty much his whole time on the list. He at least deserves some time to try and establish himself in the side!

End of next year will be decision time in respect ot Matt Dea. In some games, he has shown very good traits, in others like yesterday (and in his debut game), he has shown he has a lot to learn. Deserves a bit of time to try and prove himself.

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #328 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
I can't believe supporters stick up for a player who clearly ain't up to it.he isn't in our best 30 let alone best 18. .cannot play

its because they are in denial and like to hang onto players living in the hope they will one day come good.

Mcguane, Edwards, Hislop, Farmer, Jackson, Dea, White, Thursfield, Graham, Pear, all average players who wont win you a flag. FACT!!!

And you were probably saying that about Rance last year or two??

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #329 on: August 22, 2011, 07:09:19 PM »
People need to read what Jackstar has said about Dea. He is not taking any delight from this. He said he hopes to be proven wrong on Matt Dea, personally I don't think he has what it takes either, but if someone at rfc can turn him into a footballer then I will dips me lid to them and will most certainly admit that I was wrong. His intensity for the contest has improved last two weeks but he got smashed by Sylvia and Green yesterday it was quite ugly.

It's just frustrating, watch a first gamer for Collingwood, they would break their necks to get in the way of an opposition kick. Look at what Fasolo has done in his first 5 games, why can't we get ready made smalls like that. We haven't got time to be conducting 3 year experiments.