Author Topic: Rookie pick 7: Robbie Hicks  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Rookie pick 7: Robbie Hicks
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
Lets take it as a given that we wont be playing a game of football on the last weekend in Sept 2010.

Looks like we have a good chance of winning the GF sprint again. Well its better than nothing on the day.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
Lets take it as a given that we wont be playing a game of football on the last weekend in Sept 2010.

Looks like we have a good chance of winning the GF sprint again. Well its better than nothing on the day.

Excellent point but can rookies run?

:cheers

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
Still very small and didn't look super quick.
Anyone who can run the 100m in 10.7 secs is quick, he may just not be using it all the time.

Yes your probably right he must not have been using it all the time in the video I saw.  10.7s is electric, but often its the first 20m that matters, was he quick on that score too?  Pat Cash was notably quick over 20m a lot of successful athletes are.

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »
Still very small and didn't look super quick.
Anyone who can run the 100m in 10.7 secs is quick, he may just not be using it all the time.

Yes your probably right he must not have been using it all the time in the video I saw.  10.7s is electric, but often its the first 20m that matters, was he quick on that score too?  Pat Cash was notably quick over 20m a lot of successful athletes are.

equal tenth on 2.96 seconds (top was 2.88 seconds)

:thumbsup

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85625/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hicks joins (Whittlesea Star)
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »
Hicks joins
By Samuel Zito
Whittlesea, Wallan, Kilmore Star
22nd December 2009

CALDER Cannons small forward Robbie Hicks will head to Richmond next year after the Tigers snared the speedster with pick seven in the AFL rookie draft.

Originally from Doutta Stars, Hicks impressed recruiters while representing Vic Metro during the under 18 championships this year, kicking nine goals.

The Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School student also attracted the attention of recruiters at the AFL draft camp in Canberra during October, recording the second-best time in the repeated sprints test and the equal-tenth best time in the 20-metre sprint.

Standing at 176cm and weighing 68 kilograms, the Tigers were undeterred by the 18-year-old’s slight frame.

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/story/83878

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »
What did we all think of our latest debutant today?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Was okay.
he is a bit small though

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 06:48:21 PM »
Was okay.
he is a bit small though

Yep ... another player on our list who is to small - we have to many of these already and 2 or 3 need to go at the end of the season Im afraid.

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 07:01:51 PM »
Was okay.
he is a bit small though

weigh in after the hail  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 07:09:56 PM »
Was okay.
he is a bit small though

weigh in after the hail  ;D

They called for the stretcher in the last quarter , he was in pain, lol

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »
If he can build up the Warrick Farms a bit then i think he can make it. That goal where he got front and square was a ripper! It shows how easy it is when you get front and square, unlike Nahas who seems to crumb on the angle forcing him to kick around corners!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
If he can build up the Warrick Farms a bit then i think he can make it. That goal where he got front and square was a ripper! It shows how easy it is when you get front and square, unlike Nahas who seems to crumb on the angle forcing him to kick around corners!

The issue is when we havent got possesion of the ball.
Jake King has improved out of sight in this aspect

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »
Give him a break!! He can run the 100 in 10.7 and He's a small forward in his first game. Far out some people here are quick to write players off. It gives me the Jimmy Britts.  :banghead
You could tell he was nervous which explained some of his fumbles but his crumbing goal was very good. Until someone can prove to me that there are no small player's who have gone on to become champions in their own right, I give players like Robbie time to DEVELOP!!!!!

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
Give him a break!! He can run the 100 in 10.7 and He's a small forward in his first game. Far out some people here are quick to write players off. It gives me the Jimmy Britts.  :banghead
You could tell he was nervous which explained some of his fumbles but his crumbing goal was very good. Until someone can prove to me that there are no small player's who have gone on to become champions in their own right, I give players like Robbie time to DEVELOP!!!!!

Totally agree .. he could be our quick foward to pick up the scraps Jack Griffy and Hicks would be a good combo

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
If Nahas is getting the ass then this guy has a spot.

He looks like he might have a few tricks.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do