Author Topic: How did we rate our 2009 drafting overall?  (Read 2255 times)

Re: How did we rate our 2009 drafting overall?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 09:18:51 AM »

Patto: I really like the kid and if he'd stayed that would have been fine but they chose to de-list him. It was interesting Dimma said at the THC function a few weeks ago that with Patto it was a case of do we keep him and give him 12-16 games in 2010 or do we invest those games in young Andy BrownE. He siad they decided that long term BrownE was the better option. When I heard that I knew the Club had made the right decision

Seems like the club is making lots of good decisions ATM.

:thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »

Patto: I really like the kid and if he'd stayed that would have been fine but they chose to de-list him. It was interesting Dimma said at the THC function a few weeks ago that with Patto it was a case of do we keep him and give him 12-16 games in 2010 or do we invest those games in young Andy BrownE. He siad they decided that long term BrownE was the better option. When I heard that I knew the Club had made the right decision

Seems like the club is making lots of good decisions ATM.

:thumbsup
more importantly there is a systematic and logical approach to the decision making. Not all decision made will turn out to be the right one, but by taking this sort of approach you increase your chances of getting it right
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 03:20:27 AM »
Inside Football's Draft Report Card

By Brett Anderson Ben Casanelia, Dec 09-Feb 10 Edition

A+ - Melbourne
A - North Melbourne
A - Port Adelaide
B+ - Essendon
B+ - Sydney
B+ - West Coast
B - Adelaide
B - Fremantle

B - Richmond

No one was busier draft night than the Tigers with a league-high 10 picks. Bendigo midfielder Dustin Martin will prove to be a safe investment and should play straight away, while injury-prone forward Ben Griffiths could prove to be the steal of the draft if he can overcome his recent injury issues. Athletic defender Matt Dea is another who could prove a great get. Having clearly identified their weakness in the forward half of the ground, the Tigers also snared goalkickers David Astbury, Troy Taylor and Ben Nason. Clarence half back Jeromey Webberley could be considered the smoky of the draft but has a few years of senior footy under his belt.

B - St Kilda
B- - Collingwood
B- - Geelong
C - Brisbane
C - Hawthorn
C - Western Bulldogs
C- - Carlton