Author Topic: We'll be better than last year  (Read 6790 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We'll be better than last year
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »
I really think we will surprise

If that means improve, you've floored me!!!!!
No expectations will go into the season with eyes wide open or eyes wired shut.
Most clubs have a case at this time of year, remains to be seen if our players are ready to convert their potential.....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »

I do too, but if we get injuries we're rooted. We don't have the depth to cover them yet.

If...

Deledio steps it up to be elite.
Riewoldt and Morton get 90-100 goals between them.
The midfield tightens up and is more defensive;
then the defence will be better.
We're not going to be (we shouldn't be  :pray) predictable Richmond anymore, a new game plan will surprise teams.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »
i'm very confident we will improve on LY,  in R1 we'll have Foley, Cotch and Collins into the midfield,  all of which missed 2H of 09 season and that's notwithstanding the impact of a single recruit or a NEW coach...  :shh
All doubtful except for Collins.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
i'm very confident we will improve on LY,  in R1 we'll have Foley, Cotch and Collins into the midfield,  all of which missed 2H of 09 season and that's notwithstanding the impact of a single recruit or a NEW coach...  :shh

All 3 will be there destroying Carlton Round 1  :)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »

Why?  We're not going to contend for a flag this year, so why risk good players like Foley and Cotchin?  Give them as much time as they need.  We don't need to be rushing them in for round 1.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »
geez, how much time do they need to recuperate, they've been convalessing since June 2009 ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »

Most clubs have a case at this time of year, remains to be seen if our players are ready to convert their potential.....

We will finish 7th or 8th.
Improve out of sight

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
In short - we're fahked!
You're post, as usual, gave me a good laugh! ;D
I dont think we look at wins as the sole means of judging improvements! No blow outs(10 goals plus), improvement in numbers from the younger blokes, a never say die attitude etc. should be the KPI for this year!

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »

Why?  We're not going to contend for a flag this year, so why risk good players like Foley and Cotchin?  Give them as much time as they need.  We don't need to be rushing them in for round 1.

Oh why don't we just play the Coburg players and rest our best 25 and prepare for 2015.  :banghead. If they are ready in 2 months then we are going to play them in the all important Round 1 game which we are a good chance of winning.  :thumbsup

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »

Improve out of sight
Are you alright, Jack?

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »

Oh why don't we just play the Coburg players and rest our best 25 and prepare for 2015.  :banghead. If they are ready in 2 months then we are going to play them in the all important Round 1 game which we are a good chance of winning.  :thumbsup
You don't have very good reading comprehension, MT.  I never said that if they were ready, they shouldn't be played.  Read the bolded bits again.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »

Improve out of sight
Are you alright, Jack?

Am good as gold, we aint being coached by a fool this year, we will improve more than all you think

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 08:09:08 PM »

Improve out of sight
Are you alright, Jack?

Am good as gold, we aint being coached by a fool this year, we will improve more than all you think
Oh, I'm well aware that we'll improve immensely.  It's just very uncharactaristic of you to say this.  I was predicting about 10th or 11th for us.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »

Not me Jack, not me.  I've been spruiking the 'hidden' improvement for a fair while now.   :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
In short - we're fahked!
You're post, as usual, gave me a good laugh! ;D
I dont think we look at wins as the sole means of judging improvements! No blow outs(10 goals plus), improvement in numbers from the younger blokes, a never say die attitude etc. should be the KPI for this year!

I'll go along with that GR12.
Now we jut have to do it.
On the other hand,what r the chances we will elude 10 goal canings,.. ?