Author Topic: Richmond playing Geelong in Yea on Feb 27  (Read 25431 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond playing Geelong in Yea on Feb 27
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:48 AM »
lol its a practice match who cares the results or what happens
come round 1 all teams will spank us silly.  ;D

thanx for the reality check. Just buy your membership before r1. the boys deserve your support  ;D

lol they wasted so much money trying to get me to buy those memberships but sadly like l wasted money in the Frawley / Wallace era it aint happening anymore l shown my support only to see the club tanking enough is enough.

But its great that the young cubs are on top of Geelong 2nd tier experienced players

Bad Attitude...

If you can afford it support your club end of story.
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2010, 02:02:54 AM »
lol its a practice match who cares the results or what happens
come round 1 all teams will spank us silly.  ;D

thanx for the reality check. Just buy your membership before r1. the boys deserve your support  ;D

lol they wasted so much money trying to get me to buy those memberships but sadly like l wasted money in the Frawley / Wallace era it aint happening anymore l shown my support only to see the club tanking enough is enough.

But its great that the young cubs are on top of Geelong 2nd tier experienced players

Chapman, Bartel, Enright, Scarlett, Ottens, Varcoe, etc are hardly 2nd tier.

wake up none of them players had a serious go.
you here any of the Richmond senior players busting thier guts
They are having a run nothing more  :rollin

You just clearly have never played football before. No1 enjoys been beaten. Geelong had 12 prem players playing against a side with 6 players above 25... Geelong don't have the attitude of turning up and going through the motions TM. Plus the other half of there side is trying to impress to get a spot in the team..

sort it out
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »
39 Darren Milburn  32
6 Brad Ottens  30 yoa
30 Matthew Scarlett  30
40 David Wojcinski  29
44 Corey Enright  28
35 Paul Chapman  28
8 Josh Hunt  27
9 James Kelly  27
3 Jimmy Bartel  26
13 Tom Lonergan  25
17 Shannon Byrnes  25
12 Trent West  22
5 Travis Varcoe  21

All would play in RFC best 22.

Good run and great to see the boys learning well. A win regardless is always a posistive.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »
smokey, if you get this working without using v box can you let me know how. I have to use vbox an IE. windows firefox wouldnt work.

Sorry Al, I was unable to hep out.  I am sitting on a mate's boat moored outside the old Tippler's Resort and only getting a scratchy connection at ~dial up speed.  Taking about half an hour to download all the reports of the game!  Sounds as though a few of the kids showed a bit again - good signs for the future.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »
I got it sorted smokey  :cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »
A few pics from slattery images but mostly of Geelong  ???

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photography/results/?q=collection:AFL 2010 NAB Challenge - Richmond v Geelong&sub_code=all

Like the shot of Luke streching out for the ball (who is that behin him?) i didnt realise he had a good leap on him.

Also love the crowd in the background, probably the best crowd they have seen at a game.  This ould have really bolstered their fund that it was supporting.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »
Bews thrown out of the Tiger bench area lol.

Wasn't warmly welcomed by Tiger fans around the rooms entrance either - gawd he comes up with some drivel  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
"polak....hasn't allowd scarlett to rebound like he normally does". Interesting comment.

SPot on comment

I thought Polak was very vey good yesterday - he negated Scarlett completely Cats got very little run from the back half from Scarlett and a couple of times I though Scarlett was bothered by Polly's size - he could flick him out of the way like he does with some forwards  ;D

Actually once Jack & Polly got into "sync" our 2 main target set up worked well. That is they led to different spaces  :clapping creating 2 options the Cats had to deal with  :clapping

Was disappointed with Nahas at times in these situations he needed to be front an square - he wasn't, he was just a spectator. Our crumbers need to remeber to crumb

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
I have a couple of photos of the boys running out and after the game and will post them later along with my review  :rollin

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »
WP, eary in the game, i think it was, the callers called a couple of forward forays where they kicked to Nahas, I've also noticed this in some games (normally when we are getting humped) watching on TV as well. While I see this as possibly being a blight on the taller forward for not creating the best option or the midfielders for not taking the best option, your comments have me wondering.

Is part of his problem that he is trying to create a marking option when he should be getting into position to crumb?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »
Is part of his problem that he is trying to create a marking option when he should be getting into position to crumb?

al, he wasn't trying to create a marking target, I just thought at times when the ball came to ground he didn't get to the contest as quickly as he should or didn't read the contest well. He didn't rove the pack like say KB did back in our glory days  ;D I reckon Nahas is a very good crumber

What i noticed yesterday with Polak in a contested marking contest the ball was more likely to come to the front of the pack, Roberts in particular picked this up very early, Nahas didn't and he seemed to waiting for the ball to come to the back of the pack

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »
cheers WP. They are the sort of thing that you just pick up unless you are at the game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
Firstly, let me say I can highly recommend the Country Club Hotel for a superb meal if you ever visit Yea.

Even allowing for it being a practice match and in the overall scheme of things the result means very little if nothing at all I came away pleased with a few things. There are other things that have you doing this  :banghead :banghead but it was a vast improvement on a fortnight ago

I was really pleased to see the Tigers play a more direct style of footy this week. The kicking into the F50 involved much longer kicks than what we saw down in Tassie.

The other thing too was there was alot more running out of the back line which meant the linking up through the middle via handball worked more often than not and players receiving the handball were not under as much pressure. Also when we did switch play in the back half we tried to go forward and across as opposed to the other week when we usually went either just across or backwards and across. We also didn't seem to go as wide and when did there appeared to be a effort to get the ball back in the corridor.

I really like the set-up at a lot of the centre bounce downs that had Cotchin, Martin and Thomson around the circle with Lids and Tambling sweeping in off the wings. This worked really well because Thomson thirves in congestion and has quick hands so out of traffic he offloads to say a Cotchin who then offloads to Kids or Tambling who are long penetrating kicks. At times they swapped it around with Cuz or Lids or Jackson in the middle and others on the wing but again it worked well

Having Simmo in the ruck also assisted our mids because his ruck work even if there was no tap to advantage meant there was an extra body assisting whether that be creating a path for our mids or just keeping the oppsoing ruckmand away fromt he contest. I must add that Vickery seemed to play with more confidence with Simmo in the side.

As I've mentioned in other threads I was disppointed with the disposal of some players because they continue to be unable to hit targets when they are under no pressure. And although these misses dont necessarily result in turnovers they are costly because they create extra pressure that shouldn't be there

I was really impressed with our backline this week. McGuane being there released Moore to be one of our 2 main "go to men" out of the back half. Will Thursfield seemed to moving alot better and playing with alot more confidence than he in the 2nd half of last year - was really happy to see him running and chasing blokes down.

It was also pleasing to see much more defensive pressure coming from our forwards. Tom Hislop may have poor disposal but it is very clear to see why he is there and what his role is. Roberts is find - he has pace, is bloody good tackle and has something I love "FOOTY SMARTS" and gee he is deceptively quick. It took close to 2 quarters but once Jack and Polly got in "sync" and out of each others way the forward set up actually worked well.  

And just on the game plan - when it works it is great to watch and will win you a lot of games. When it doesn't come off (like Tassie) it is awful and you could get thumped. We have a very young side and as a result I reckon we are going to have good days and shockers but I did come away yesterday thinking there is a tiny (more likely miniscule) light at then end of a very very long tunnel - we just have to kept persisting with these kids
Playerr reviews to come.....  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »
Thanks WP  :thumbsup Great report!  :cheers

How was King? What about Webberly?

Stripes