Author Topic: Winning Together - The path ahead for the Richmond Football Club  (Read 13285 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Winning Together - The path ahead for the Richmond Football Club
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 03:18:23 PM »

Well well geniuses, LOL
What does the CEO do ?????
Wallace thing was handled by March, why ?
The CEO is a paid employee of the RFC you know, March isnt  :banghead
This is truely amazing.
The CEO signs off on all employees at the RFC, some who were well overpaid and didnt do a good job and are no longer there, either is the CEO I might add. :banghead

If you think that Wright had anything to do with the machinations of hiring and firing of either Miller or Wallace then you have much less idea of what goes on at the club than what you would have us believe.  A signature on a piece of paper?  Maybe.  And that's about as far his involvement goes - the board were the sole hirers and firers of those two and the whole process was managed by March because he made it his call.

Can tell you the CEO does alot more than you think. ;)
He overseas all aspects of payments and distribution of funds.
Can tell you that Wallaces big gripe at Punt Road that he had to go through Wright for approval of everything.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

Can tell you the CEO does alot more than you think. ;)
He overseas all aspects of payments and distribution of funds.
Can tell you that Wallaces big gripe at Punt Road that he had to go through Wright for approval of everything.

No Jack, not more than I think, I am fully aware of the roles and responsibilities of a CEO.  I would fully expect Wallace to have to go through the CEO for approval of large or extraneous spending - it would be corporate folly to allow otherwise and given our club's background in financial management this would have been a given.  If you read my posts again you'll see I highlighted the excellent job Wright did in this very area, but as far as hiring and firing of Miller and Wallace he had next to zero input or say - this was a March/board initiative and a March/board managed action.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »
Sam being his usual attention seeking self mocked the whole club tonight over this saying Benny Gale and the Age journo who broke the 3-0-75 story must be on drugs and that we've been hopeless for 30 years and will be out of business in the next 10.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 12:40:27 AM »
Sam being his usual attention seeking self mocked the whole club tonight over this saying Benny Gale and the Age journo who broke the 3-0-75 story must be on drugs and that we've been hopeless for 30 years and will be out of business in the next 10.

Yeah well he said it about Gellongs style of play as well until they won two GF's...  :wallywink
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 12:47:07 AM »

The CEO signs off on all employees at the RFC, some who were well overpaid and didnt do a good job and are no longer there, either is the CEO I might add. :banghead

First time post here.
Think Wright did a great job, particularly after the fiasco of Campbell, however over the last couple of years there has been a slight uneasiness in my opinion of Wright's performance.

There didn't seem to be a lot of quality in some areas that were directly below him, mainly in merchandising, membership and some commercial opportunities. This continued over his entire period in office and it's notable that these were the areas that Gale focussed on in his presentation while he has also publicly announced new managers in Membership and Commercial Operations.

Think Wright was as good as most as far as CEO's go in the AFL but think Gale is in another class in terms of his understanding of the AFL environment.  

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 01:12:34 AM »
Yeah well he said it about Gellongs style of play as well until they won two GF's...  :wallywink

Yep Sammy Newmug doesn't bag the Cats now does he.
We're a cheap target until we put words into action and that could be a while yet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger triumph at long odds (Age)
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 04:12:44 AM »
Welcome to OER RT  :)

Tiger triumph at long odds

YESTERDAY'S Age story on Richmond's bold plan to win three premierships by 2020 seemed worth running by TAB Sportsbet's Gary Davies, who framed what he stresses is a hypothetical market. At 80-1 to win the flag this year, even a good 2010 would put the Tigers around 50-1 next year, and another good year would wind them in to around 30-1 for 2012. ''Based on those figures they are at 1200-1 to win a premiership in the next three years,'' Davies said. ''They would then have to win three flags in eight years, so I don't think it is unreasonable to be talking a million to one.''

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/keen-to-make-their-own-history-20100311-q1jt.html

jackstar is back again

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 06:16:14 AM »

First time post here.

There didn't seem to be a lot of quality in some areas that were directly below him, mainly in merchandising, membership and some commercial opportunities. This continued over his entire period in office and it's notable that these were the areas that Gale focussed on in his presentation while he has also publicly announced new managers in Membership and Commercial Operations.

Think Wright was as good as most as far as CEO's go in the AFL but think Gale is in another class in terms of his understanding of the AFL environment.  

Thank you, at least someone has a fair idea of what has happened at Punt Rd, but more importantly understands what needs to happen in the future :thumbsup

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger triumph at long odds (Age)
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »
At 80-1 to win the flag this year, even a good 2010 would put the Tigers around 50-1 next year, and another good year would wind them in to around 30-1 for 2012. ''Based on those figures they are at 1200-1 to win a premiership in the next three years,'' Davies said.

I'll take those odds.

I'm not quite sure what he's done with his maths, but if we are 80-1 this year, 50-1 the next and 30-1 the next, then the odds to win in any of the next three years has to be less than 80-1

TigerTimeII

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 09:55:59 AM »
will say one thing though, there is no comparison between B. Gale and S. Wright ::)

obviously in the public relations area, but i've heard on good authority that wright was a very good operator and with much respected busness acumen

Your making it sound like he was a dud and i know that wasn't the case. What are you implying?

that he was

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
what is rubbish?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »

First time post here.
Think Wright did a great job, particularly after the fiasco of Campbell, however over the last couple of years there has been a slight uneasiness in my opinion of Wright's performance.

Welcome to OER RT.

Your post seems a bit contradictory to me - can you tell me how those areas got worse during the last couple of years?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
what is rubbish?

Read it as you calling Wright a dud. If I've misconstrued it I apologise.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
People here build up Wright for doing a good job. ::)
My dealings with him say different.
Nice bloke though
Sorry, but thats the way I see it .
Never seen him address the media in the way that Mr Gale does.