Author Topic: Seen Enough  (Read 7130 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Seen Enough
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 02:19:24 AM »
The most frustrating thing for me tonight other than watching Jackson, Thompson, Hislop, Tambling, Conners and Edwards is us still guarding space and not going 100% at the man to tackle. I don't mind if they get around us but put some pressure on! Footy is a simple game and the more pressure you put on the opposition when they have the ball the more mistakes they make. Standing off your man only gives the opposition time to dispose of the footy when they have it. RUN THE eff AT THEM AND TACKLE THEM AND THEY WILL TURN IT OVER!!!!!
Play tight and make it 1 on 1. Our boys are coached to correl the player and not to ATTACK the man.
Give our boys the chance to take them on.
Same old Richmond tonight, nothing has changed from the TW crap!
I didn't expect to win tonight, but all i wanted to see was a different style of footy.
Firstly, it's Thomson.  Secondly, are you serious?  They were 3 of our best 5 players.

Ox

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 02:31:15 AM »
Newman and Deledio are pathetic.
Newman is as inspiring as a cold bicket of vomit and deledio is a poofter.
I fuckein hate their guts with a passion.
weak dogs.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 02:31:25 AM »
Actually I liked what i saw tonight, sure there is lots of improvement to be had but that is to be expected, all out youngsters were done by the speed of the game the only one that was up to it initially was Nason. Martin got better as the game progressed and excelled in the 4th Quarter when the speed of the game slowed a little. I saw a team tonight that was slow and lazy but we were able to stay with the blues for 3 quarters.

Vickery needs to learn to work harder in getting to ruck contests, simmonds actually had a good game. Conners I thought had an outstanding game, yes he made some bad errors but he had fight and spunk and really played well. We never stopped trying, but ran out of puff in the last quarter. From where we are at as a playing group it was good, there were mistakes, lots in fact, but it could have been worse, alot worse in fact. We hung tough as much as we could. It was a good effort for round one.

Players that need to come in for next week.

3 player that are going to be crucial for us to develop properly are

Griffiths
Astbury
Griffiths and Astbury need to get in there as fast as possible to help Reiwoldt.

Post can play either end of the ground and can float between forward and back to help out. but if we can make Griffiths a full forward and Reiwoldt A CHF Post can make it as CHB.

What killed us tonight was slowness, laziness, inexperience and not enough time together as a group. We will get better alot better after some time and a few almighty thrashings. Western Bulldogs may very well tear us a new one next week.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 02:56:53 AM »
I watched the full game from the UK.  Overall, was expecting this type of performance.  Some good signs, but missed major basic rules.  Backline let in too much space with their opponents.  Coupled with the skill level mistakes in the back, this cost us atleast 5 goals.
Thought the midfield looked better as the game went on, but the half forward line looked a mess towards the end of the game.  Loads of errors from both sides.  I know it was a hot night, but worrying signs of tigers whose fitness levels didnt look good at all.

Positives
Nason, although a little loose in a couple of passages of play, looked like he will be a player.  
Martin, got better as the game went on
Roberts, got involved, not bad for a rookie that 4 months ago was playing country footy and as fitness improves throughout the year, so will the bag of tricks he has.
Cotchin.  Yep, lacked a yard of pace through the reduced program, but uses the ball so well and reads the play to the teams advantage nearly all the time.

other thoughts

Hislop.  Was one of his best games for us, which is saying something, but gee, if this bloke is one of our leading small forwards this year, we are going to struggle to kick a score.
Cousins - poor game by his standards, but very important for a number of passages where we actually looked threatening
Jack and Morton.  Poor delivery in, but both missed some gettable shots.  Not the worst.
Deledio wasnt brilliant, and maybe we expect too much sometimes, but I thought he should have thrown his weight around a bit more against the carlscum midfield.  
Jackson, cant fault his endeavour, but lacks polish and makes some poor decisions
Tambling,  just couldnt get into it.  I would have thrown him on the ball in the first half to get his confidence up.
Newman, the same . One of his worst games, and made some errors.
Connors, looked good in passages, but made some crucial errors down back, looked lazy marking up on opponents.  The same can be said for Farmer.  Yarran and Betts got too much of a free run.  I saw Leppisch get stuck into them at 3/4 time.  Just keep getting stuck into them.
Nahas.  Pushed off the ball too easily.  Gets enough of it, but doesnt damage with his delivery and play. Will struggle to keep his place.
The back three.  I thought Moore was the best, but these three had better get some more bulk on them to be able to make contests.
Edwards.  Shocker. Had a bit of the ball but cost us 4 goals in errors.  if Hardwick is serious, he will get dropped next week
Vickery.  The guy doesnt seem to have any motor.  With the absence in the ruck contests in our forward 50, I saw Vickery 50 m behind play, yet the Kruz was running along to make the contest.
Thomson.  Why we traded for this bloke I dont know.  Played on the ball all night, tried hard, but not a bona fide midfielder. Lacks the class to hurt opposition. 
Simmonds.  Contested where he could, and had no big man help.  saying that, we have little option but testing all our rucks throughout this year with Simmonds.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 03:12:21 AM »
Tonights game just reinforced the fact that things are going to get worse before they get better.

I thought the fight back in the 1st and 2nd quarters was very stirring stuff....however the 2nd half fade out was disappointing.

The fact we had more scoring shots in the first half was a positive.

What the hell was going on with our rucks......diabolical tonight.

Unleash the tornado

FNM

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 05:11:20 AM »
I enjoyed watching all the new kids
Enjoyed the way they fought back each time the Blues got way ahead and got back into the game
I didn't think we'd get within 100 points with the young team we fielded, so I came away satisfied
They were very raw, but I wasn't totally unhappy with what I saw
They were rudderless again, so the result should not be a surprise
Nason made a few mistakes but I liked his attitude and attack on the ball
Some of the seniors playing for Coburg this week, I hope they have a go and earn their spots back.  Will need a few back, to say the least, against the Bulldogs  :help
But I hope Hardwick persists with players earning their spots
It's gonna be a really long "developing" year for the club
Hang in there!

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 05:28:45 AM »

3 player that are going to be crucial for us to develop properly are

Griffiths
Astbury
Griffiths and Astbury need to get in there as fast as possible to help Reiwoldt.

Post can play either end of the ground and can float between forward and back to help out. but if we can make Griffiths a full forward and Reiwoldt A CHF Post can make it as CHB.

What killed us tonight was slowness, laziness, inexperience and not enough time together as a group. We will get better alot better after some time and a few almighty thrashings. Western Bulldogs may very well tear us a new one next week.

Agree with this 100% - especially the need to structure up properly up forward with bigger players. On another note our key defenders are not up to it and Id be looking for player for player swaps come years end. Just my opinion thats all.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 07:07:43 AM »
Hislop not good enough. Does not get enough of the ball. Get rid of him. Edwards had a pathetic game. Connors tried hard. Cousins and Jack are all class. Jackson makes too many skill errors but at least he can tackle. Keep persisting with Vickery. Did not get enough of the hard ball last night. Bring in Tuck. Need to work on tackling. How Scotland could evade so many tackles is very poor.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:02 AM »
Tambling is the most softest timid footballer ive seen take the field. IMO he rivals Mclovin. Cant lay a tackle if his life depended on it and to be honest he offers nothing to this team.

Seeing he had 8 (I think it was) tackles for the night and may have been the highest in that stat - that really isa staggering statement daniel. Richie had a terrible night but wasn't the only one of our "senior" players to have one.

Enjoyed the kids - took alot of positives from that

And Newman, well I'll just leave that to WP.  :rollin

Pass  ;D I'll leave that to MT  :rollin

Not to mention Jackson and Moore have no improvement left in them. 

Understand where you are coming from here - was disappointed with Jackson's game. I know he was one of our highest ball winners but the "hap hazard" kicks and poor decisions ....  ::)

Connors, looked good in passages, but made some crucial errors down back, looked lazy marking up on opponents.  .

Bingo  ;D - MT can pass on my thoughts about youung Dan Connors  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:17 AM »
Tambling is the most softest timid footballer ive seen take the field. IMO he rivals Mclovin. Cant lay a tackle if his life depended on it and to be honest he offers nothing to this team.

He made 9 tackles in the game. Disappointing overall though I agree.
He had a few higher profile mates though.

made us look and sound worse when the commentators was talking about how many low picks we have in our team playing for us.

Yet when the Dees are rebuilding their future is bright?!
Early days. I won't panic after one game. i won't even panic if we cop hidings all year.

Nason is going to be a player. That was my only highlight for the night.

no there is no reason to panic but seriously when you see your pathetic captain play the way he played you have to seriously question what the hell was Mr Solarium thinking to give him number 17.

On your other point about Tambling dont tell me he laid 9 tackles, THATS ACTUALLY STUCK.

i am not interested in half hearted tackles like his one on defensive 50 which resulted in a carlton Goal. Morton's tackle in the 3rd quarter i think,

NOW THATS A TACKLE.

Tambling has some currency left, he brings nothing to the team not one thing, Get rid of him come seasons end and take that tooth pick piece of poo Edwards with him too.

Nason improved as the game went on but there should be room for one of him and Nahas, not both!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
The most frustrating thing for me tonight other than watching Jackson, Thompson, Hislop, Tambling, Conners and Edwards is us still guarding space and not going 100% at the man to tackle. I don't mind if they get around us but put some pressure on! Footy is a simple game and the more pressure you put on the opposition when they have the ball the more mistakes they make. Standing off your man only gives the opposition time to dispose of the footy when they have it. RUN THE eff AT THEM AND TACKLE THEM AND THEY WILL TURN IT OVER!!!!!
Play tight and make it 1 on 1. Our boys are coached to correl the player and not to ATTACK the man.
Give our boys the chance to take them on.
Same old Richmond tonight, nothing has changed from the TW crap!
I didn't expect to win tonight, but all i wanted to see was a different style of footy.
Firstly, it's Thomson.  Secondly, are you serious?  They were 3 of our best 5 players.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH BIG TONE.
You cant have onballers like Thomson wanting to bump opposition and not tackle. He aint up to it.
Jacksons shot at goal in the 2nd quarter wasnt good.
Have had enough of Tambling, puts one hand in and not his body. -not good.
Connors has ability but no brains.
As for Edwards, simply not up to it..
Hislop tries hard and thats it

Tigermonk

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »
Conners  ;D

Someone once said he take on Barry Hall  :lol can tell ya he copped a few last night that had him looking around him
too one sided, came to the club thinking he was better than he was & was not a team player.
Should have been traded because he offers no value & damaged himself with his bad attitude :cheers

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »

TOTALLY AGREE WITH BIG TONE.
You cant have onballers like Thomson wanting to bump opposition and not tackle. He aint up to it.
Jacksons shot at goal in the 2nd quarter wasnt good.
Have had enough of Tambling, puts one hand in and not his body. -not good.
Connors has ability but no brains.
As for Edwards, simply not up to it..
Hislop tries hard and thats it

Tambling  ;D l will buy his ticket back to the reservation he came from ;D
sadly l see him as one of those players who has lost interest after finding pussy  :lol

Ramps

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 12:51:38 PM »
as big rex always liked to say - theres no greater power than the power of the pussy  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
Not sure where some of you are coming from regarding some of you player judgments  ??? Can't tell you the amount of time Tambling was free or on the lead and the players ignored him. He is one of the few players in the team that I feel confidence with when he has the ball in his hands. Last night he didn't let me down by foot. I think he was a bit lost in his new position.

Similarly, Robert presented all night only to be frequently ignored. Did run out of steam as the game progressed though.

Lids shadowed Gibbs most of the night which is why he did not see as much of the ball in space as he normally would.

The ruck situation was a disgrace! The amount of times when NO ONE went up for the ruck for us or even when Beeny Cousins had to contest against Warnock was ludicrous!  :banghead We obviously need to play three ruckmen in future games if we are not going to rest them and play them in the forwardline as they don't have the constitution to make it to every contest without a break. Simmonds seems slow and can barely get off the found anymore. This is a major worry for mine!  :help

The backline looked disorganised and weak. The amount of time Moore slapped the ball over the line, or we just couldn't get the ball out of the F50 was ridiculous. Post is a MUST. He has the aerial skills to match it with the bigger forwards and is now of a better size too. Just think one of the three big backs need to step aside for him. I hope to hell Rance finds his mojo back too but I think this is unlikely.

Happy with the first gamers and happy with Connors game despite trying to take on the opposition too many times when he could have just quickly passed it on. Nahas was well held all night.  Cousins had a poor night as did Newman.

Some nice passages but overall not a lot to cling too for us long suffering fanatics.  :'(

Stripes