Author Topic: What the hell could the recruiters be thinking  (Read 5674 times)

Ramps

What the hell could the recruiters be thinking
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »
What on earth could be running through the monds of a recruiter when they're about to draft blokes who are to small or cant kick

I cant actually fathom how a recruiter can go to draft day and call out names like

Shane Edwards, Robin Nahas, Jake King, Daniel Jackson, Tom Hislop, Adam Thomson, Matthew White, Shane Tuck just to name afew, what on earth compels a club to give up pick 18 for Jordan McMahon

As supporters we are entitled to our opinions, sometimes they are right sometimes wrong, and this isnt a slight on these boys who give there all and are doing there best, but I cant actually fathom how a recruiter/s can call out these names on a draft day or agree to give up a pick for a player.

Doesnt the recruiter/s understand that for example Edwards, Nahas, King are to small for AFL footy and even if you pick 1of this type- what justification is there to then add a couple more, what runs through recruiters minds when they call out the names of players whose disposal of the footy is a key weakness. How is it possible that so many mistakes can be made and then not made just once, but repeated time and time again. How can a club make so many mistakes time and time again!

Anyone see Brodie Moles yesterday- will be a very good player in quick time for the bullies. Thats the type of player we need to be picking.

jackstar is back again

Re: What the hell could the recruiters be thinking
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
Dont get me started Ramps.
Have a look at a player we have on the Rookie list, Hicks.
he is riding in the first at Moonee Valley today. :banghead
Also bumped in Nason on saturday, he has a go,but he is way too small I am afraid.

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »
I reckon we can carry Nason, agree on Hicks, my question is why do we have 5 or 6 of these types of players. 1 is enough maybe 2 as a maximum- I dont get how a clubs list management can allow that to happen.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:40:57 AM »
Ramps, have said for the past 4 years they have no idea down there.
Seen the Gold Coast players at Christmas time. Who ever is running the show up there has an idea.
NOT ONE MIDGET.
All players are 6ft and over and built like machines

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »
theres not alot of light at the end of the tunnel infortunately. the frawley years recruiting wise were terrible, the wallace years even worse, the supporters deserve better.

anyway anyone know what the wooden spooners picks are in this years national draft.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »
Seen the Gold Coast players at Christmas time. Who ever is running the show up there has an idea.
NOT ONE MIDGET.
Geez Jack! Think about it for a second! It wouldnt be because GC17 have dibs on the best talent in the land and 16 clubs fight it out for the rest would it?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 08:50:34 AM »
NOT ONE MIDGET.
Geez Jack! Think about it for a second! It wouldnt be because GC17 have dibs on the best talent in the land and 16 clubs fight it out for the rest would it?

Hey hold on mate.
They HAVENT recruited players who look like jockeys. :banghead
We have them all at punt road :lol
I like Nason but way too small.
Look at the dogs players last night , they just pushed guys like Nason, Tambling, Edwards,King , Nahas straight of the ball.
There direct opponents were alot taller and stronger than them, there lies a huge problem

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »
and theres not much left in the 2s wise in terms of bigger sized players (young draftees) maybe dae can come in, contin seemed a decent size but his a rookie, grimes is a bigger size again and then theres griffiths and astbury who we need to play in ky position forwards posts asap without hurting there development.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
Need a few more mids who can play hf and hb and talls and that is an understatement.
The fact that Wallace has let our ruck stocks wallow to where they were is absolutely disgusting. Browne is raw but he must come on. We need to persist.
The holes left in this list is not Dimma's fault.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »
lol clickin on this thread was always gonna end up hurtin my eyes
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
Have you seen the light Ramps  :gobdrop

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 07:30:20 PM »
Have you seen the light Ramps  :gobdrop

Seriously monk why on earth does a club pick up so many small players? Are we paying blokes to recruit these players?

We'd be better off doing recruiting from the Big Footy Draft boards- they couldnt do it any worse IMHO! ;D

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »
hicks was the only really small player drafted, the likes of dea, contin, roberts, martin all have size about them..Nason looks to have a frame that will fill out...heck tambling has, even edwards is bigger
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
hicks was the only really small player drafted, the likes of dea, contin, roberts, martin all have size about them..Nason looks to have a frame that will fill out...heck tambling has, even edwards is bigger

your taking the pee surely?

Nason will be found out much like Nahas this year. Tambling and Edwards are your standard average player. They wont get better.

Ive said this for years but i cant understand how the Eagles have first year players who are built like machines yet we have 3rd, 4th or even 5th year players who still look like Webster & Gary Coleman.

Hardwick is not at fault its all the tanned one's doing, but Hardwick should stop playing these midgets and find bigger bodies who can play.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
Nason is small, his hair makes him look taller