Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41301 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Danny Meyer
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2007, 12:00:31 AM »
Yeah

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2007, 08:42:41 AM »
Hmmm this is a toughie... A player who has flashes of brilliance and at times an excellent finisher but so far has had limited opportunities. He plays very loose so his defensive pressure is pretty poor but he has reasonably good disposal. If the team overall can improve their delivery of the footy to him I think he will be a very damaging player. If he were in a team with excellent foot skills like the Swans or West Coast, he would be a very good player. He needs good delivery because I feel atm he struggles to win his own ball in tight contests but when he's in space he's shown that he can be quite effective.

After all that, I'd say stay for 1 more year.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »
Let him go. He doesn't want it enough.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »
1 year contract

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2007, 01:10:39 PM »
For a top 20 pick he has been a bust.

This guy is the last one cut if we think the draft is deep enough or have our eye on sombody who we might get very late in draft. So keep him if we dont have a good late draft target.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2007, 01:35:05 PM »
1 year performance based contract for Danny as a last chance.

Will need to be provided with a continuous run of at least 6 games in a HBF position prior to moving him on.

Anything less would be very embarrasing for RFC and the "Fab Five".

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »

Wasnt he already given that last year?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »
My view is that Danny Meyer has done nothing to show that he is going to make it at AFL level. I still believe that he is angleing for a trade home to South Australia and if that is the case then we should do what we can to make this happen; go for a second round pick maybe.

Meyer is wasting ours and his own time on our list; all the potential in the world means jackpooh when you never see it and by the time you realise you aint ever gunna see it, its too late. Who cares if he does well elsewhere, the fact is, HE AINT DOING ANY GOOD HERE WITH US AND ISN'T VERY MUCH LIKELY TOO IN THE FUTURE.

Off load ASAP please.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2007, 04:00:09 PM »
My view is that Danny Meyer has done nothing to show that he is going to make it at AFL level. I still believe that he is angleing for a trade home to South Australia and if that is the case then we should do what we can to make this happen; go for a second round pick maybe.

Meyer is wasting ours and his own time on our list; all the potential in the world means jackpooh when you never see it and by the time you realise you aint ever gunna see it, its too late. Who cares if he does well elsewhere, the fact is, HE AINT DOING ANY GOOD HERE WITH US AND ISN'T VERY MUCH LIKELY TOO IN THE FUTURE.

Off load ASAP please.

We'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him, let alone 4th.  Three games this year for 5 possession average.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2007, 04:05:10 PM »

Will need to be provided with a continuous run of at least 6 games in a HBF position prior to moving him on.

Anything less would be very embarrasing for RFC and the "Fab Five".

ditto, meyer is a toughie, has the talent but as of so far not the application

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »
 :scream
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:19:16 PM by rogerd3 »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2007, 06:19:08 PM »
The Crows have pick 10. If we believe a player that we would want will be around at pick 10 we could attempt Meyer + pick 18 for pick 10 trade. I'd doubt the Crows would go for that but we could test the water. Otherwise keep on a one-year contract. I've got a feeling by what Miller said as far as giving draftees 4-5 years to develop that we'll hold onto Danny unless he specifically wants to head back to SA.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2007, 02:49:51 PM »
Brian Royal's RFC player review

Danny Myer

This is Danny’s third year with Richmond and he only played three games, so he’d be disappointed in himself. Probably when he came up to AFL level, he didn’t work hard enough, and I think he needs to have a really good pre-season and get himself in as good a shape as possible, because time is running out for him.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52313

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »

Danny Myer

This is Danny’s third year with Richmond and he only played three games, so he’d be disappointed in himself. Probably when he came up to AFL level, he didn’t work hard enough, and I think he needs to have a really good pre-season and get himself in as good a shape as possible, because time is running out for him.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52313

MEYER DAMMIT RFC!   :banghead

Time is "running out"

Damn, I thought it had ran out.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2007, 03:22:28 PM »

Danny Myer

MEYER DAMMIT RFC!   :banghead

Time is "running out"

Damn, I thought it had ran out.

May be merely a diplomatic comment at this point in time due to the fact that delistings have not been made public. Or I hope it is.