Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41296 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Meyer sets out goals
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »
Finding that confidence in himself will decide Meyer's future. He has the polish and I see him as a Leon Cameron type. Keep the faith :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »
Finding that confidence in himself will decide Meyer's future. He has the polish and I see him as a Leon Cameron type. Keep the faith :thumbsup.

You seem to think he'll add five kilos, maybe in five years!
He's a stick figure carrying a football. Not his fault, just his metabolism.

Very few players his build make it. Although with more emphasis than ever on low contact football, perhaps he's a chance.  :P
I still question his desire. Even the way he answers the questions in that interview doesn't fill me with confidence.

Happy to be proven wrong!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2006, 04:33:38 PM »
Skill wise I think he is excellent but I do worry about his size. In 2006 he still got pushed off the balll too easily and and didn't land to many tackles (one on one) that really stuck.

Would like to see him put on at least 5-10kgs  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2006, 04:43:31 PM »
Plough should give Danny 22 games running of half back with some time on a wing. He'll be a sensational player. The only player out of the supposed fab 5 that I have reservations about at this stage is Pattison.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2006, 06:28:58 PM »
Danny put on 6kgs (70 to 76kg) last preseason so hopefully he can repeat that this summer. I don't see him as another Fiora.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

blx

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »
yup, cant agree more. He should be the highest tackler and possession getter, shouldnt be getting pushed off the ball easy and should weigh 90plus kg.

This year is make or break for this 19 year old boy or he's a gonna  :outtahere
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:10:56 PM by blx »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2006, 08:09:05 PM »
yup, cant agree more. He should be the highest tackler and possession getter, shouldnt be getting pushed off the ball easy and should weigh 90plus kg.

Meyer's 20 actually.
I'm assuming your line of thinking is just because they are kids they should get a walk up start.
Meyer was only given a 1 year extension on his contract, if you don't think he's under pressure this year you are kidding yourself.

The big questions are what role in the team can he make his own?
Does he have the body size to be effective as an AFL player?

As a small player he's under more pressure than some others..

These questions will be answered somewhat this year. I'll watch with interest and obviously I wish him well. 8)

blx

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »

Meyer's 20 actually.
I'm assuming your line of thinking is just because they are kids they should get a walk up start.
Meyer was only given a 1 year extension on his contract, if you don't think he's under pressure this year you are kidding yourself.

These questions will be answered somewhat this year. I'll watch with interest and obviously I wish him well. 8)

oh yeah thats right, twenty year old  ::)

anywayz you forgot your lame insurance spiel this time, you know the "hope he proves me wrong" one  :cheers

Ramps

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2006, 09:28:17 PM »
Meyer = Gun!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »
Meyer = Gun!

I'll second that!  :thumbsup

Once he bulks up he will be a game-breaker for us. Tremendous skills to boot

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

Meyer's 20 actually.

oh yeah thats right, twenty year old  ::)

anywayz you forgot your lame insurance spiel this time, you know the "hope he proves me wrong" one  :cheers

Time will tell Hans.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Danny Meyer - Tradebait?
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »
Reading the press release of the Tambling contract extension today, it was notable that Danny Meyer's name was absent from the group of youngsters mentioned as in the process of resigning for the club.

The Club also wishes to advise that agreements have been reached with other young players, Cleve Hughes, Adam Pattison, Travis Casserly and Luke McGuane, and they are set to sign new deals.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=45217

Whilst still only speculation, given that his contract expires at the end of this season and he is languishing in the reserves it must now be getting very likely that Danny will not be with the Tigers in '08.

As a number 12 draft pick, after three seasons he has been extremely disappointing
particularly for one who seems to have some skill but appears to lack the desire.
What would be a reasonable return for the club for this player assuming any other clubs are interested in him?

Personally I would think about a third round draft pick or a swap for a player that suits our requirements such as Meesen.

What do others think...

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Danny Meyer - Tradebait?
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »
Seriously don't think anyone would trade for him - has shown nothing ...... but potential, but what does that mean  ??? when u don't produce it .... funny one DM

We have persisted with these types over the years 2 no avail, so what does that tell you ....

NB: Sort of knew D rod would do OK elsewhere, it's just the landscape .... and sort of proof if we step up some players will surprise  :thumbsup

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2007, 06:45:26 PM »
more news will follow in due course, not only involving danny.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2007, 07:25:52 PM »
more news will follow in due course, not only involving danny.

:rollin
Care to elaborate a little roger?