Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41284 times)

Bulluss

Re: Danny Meyer signs till 2007
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
Sounds great for us!!!!

Really happy that Terry gave him a chance in the seniors as he seems to be really loving it.

He may have been a little disheartened playing at Coburg, but he looks very comfortable playing in our senior line up and hopefully he will remain there for another 10 years.  :thumbsup

letsgetiton!

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »
"I had a contract extension … so I'll be here next year as well, which is a positive and I've really settled in here and I'll probably look to buy an apartment or rent an apartment with a couple of the boys at the end of the year, so I'm enjoying it," Meyer told afl.com.au.

"I love it over here, so I've got no questions in going back, for sure."

Meyer said the homesick factor was no longer a problem although he conceded that it had taken some time to adjust to his new life in Victoria.

"No … I wouldn't say I was really homesick, but I just missed catching up with my mates and family," Meyer said.

"But it takes, I reckon, at least one year to get over that and I'm fine now and I don't have any issues now, but I still don't mind getting back every now and then even though it might be only twice a year but I'm not homesick at all anymore,"

fantastic read! well done danny, u have squashed all rumors and we now believe u will be a tiger 4 life, which is what terry always said, we have to breed our own and keep them

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2006, 05:59:11 PM »
Fantastic news. Well done RFC  :clapping. This kid is all class  :bow.

Had a chuckle when I read his comments about home-sickness after all the "rumours" flying around lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2006, 06:53:05 PM »

Had a chuckle when I read his comments about home-sickness after all the "rumours" flying around lol.

lol, he did say he was homesick last year and was really missing his freinds so those rumors may havbe been half right. meyer did say it took him  1 yr to get over his homesickness

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »

lol, he did say he was homesick last year and was really missing his freinds so those rumors may havbe been half right. meyer did say it took him  1 yr to get over his homesickness

It is understandable for him to have some homesickness in his first year and apparently he was very quiet and didn't socialize much. But he has started to come out of shell this year as far as I can see and is popular at training yet the rumours persisted that he was still homesick and didn't want to be at Richmond.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2006, 07:19:14 PM »

It is understandable for him to have some homesickness in his first year and apparently he was very quiet and didn't socialize much. But he has started to come out of shell this year as far as I can see and is popular at training yet the rumours persisted that he was still homesick and didn't want to be at Richmond.

true, took him time 2 come out of his shell and make friends, but now he has friends and feels at home. well done to patto too, his fab 5 statement is going round the world! now who would want to leave the fab 5!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2006, 07:42:24 PM »
I'm not at all surprised with it only being a 1 year extension.

With the AFLPA & AFL still working on the pay rise to go into the collective bargaining agreement I cannot see many player managers wanting their players to be signing long term deals
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2006, 06:00:14 AM »
This is great, but can they look at Andrew's contract soon - getting nervous with all this Aker talk  :banghead

letsgetiton!

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2006, 06:26:56 AM »
This is great, but can they look at Andrew's contract soon - getting nervous with all this Aker talk  :banghead

nothing wrong with aker in our team, all we have to do is get rid of duds like tiv, chaff and rodant

meyer would actually benefit from aker being in the team, help his confidence and arogance grow which all guns need

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Meyer's year over
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2006, 10:20:01 PM »
Meyer has a foot/ankle problem and is gone for the year  :'( according to Sauce. Apparently White comes in for him.

Just what we need - more injuries  :scream

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Meyer's year over - foot stress fracture
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2006, 02:29:21 AM »
Sadly Sauce was again right  :-\

-----

05 August 2006   Herald-Sun
Jim Wilson

TIGER Danny Meyer will have to wait until next year to add to his 14 senior games after suffering a foot stress fracture. Meyer, the No. 12 pick in the 2004 national draft, has been replaced in today's side by Matthew White.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20021870%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Meyer sets out goals
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2006, 07:26:01 PM »
Meyer sets out goals
6:48:04 PM Fri 17 November, 2006
Ronny Lerner
Sportal for afl.com.au

"(I) pretty much just laid out goals for myself and just to come back a bit fitter this year and get a big stronger and obviously get in the right direction for round one," he said.

"I have high expectations of myself, but the coaching staff haven't really put any extra pressure just because the number I was taken at," he said.

Meyer's eighth game, against Geelong, when he collected 19 touches was arguably his best, giving him confidence that he can play at the elite level.

"I played off the backline that day for the first time since about year six or seven. (It was) something different to move outside the forward line as well. So it's just some more options where I can play."

"I don't really emulate anyone ..... But just the work ethic of Kane Johnson and Joel Bowden, players like that, (I) just basically get an idea but I know what's required pretty much."

Full article at: http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=306869

Ox

Re: Meyer sets out goals
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2006, 10:42:22 PM »
hope he's better than johnson or else he'll be setting out the witches hats

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2006, 04:49:33 AM »
Danny will be fine once he adds another 5 kgs over this preseason and is allowed to play behind the ball. His foot skills are wasted if he is played up forward especially in the HFF desert. Meyer should be the one delivering lace out passes to our forwards; not waiting for others to kick it to him.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »
Not convinced at all by Danny Meyer. The least successful player of the "fab five" from my perspective.

Some silky skills sure but will always be a light weight.

Also seems to lack the intensity required at this level.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong but armed with a one year contract, I can see this being his last year at Richmond. ???