Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41286 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Meyer for Meesen
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2006, 01:31:43 PM »
If he wants to go because of the reasons mentioned,I rekkon hes a softie, in which case will never make the grade,
stuff him,
Next

Just because he wants to go home doesn't mean his a softie!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2006, 05:50:34 PM »
I have big big question marks over young Pattison. Big Question marks!
What are they Ramps??

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2006, 09:12:44 PM »
2 slow for centre half forward, kicking skills are poor- which means as ruck going around ground his got question marks- i think basically hes a resting ruckman- forward pocket- 3rd tall option...i was hoping for better than that at pick 16

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2006, 01:11:45 AM »
2 slow for centre half forward, kicking skills are poor- which means as ruck going around ground his got question marks- i think basically hes a resting ruckman- forward pocket- 3rd tall option...i was hoping for better than that at pick 16

Did you see him play TAC Cup?

I doubt he'll be the class of a Kennedy, Roughead or Franklin but Pattison goes alright to win the
Winner of TAC Cup Coaches Award 2004,
Centre Half Forward in TAC Cup Team of the Year 2004
& Northern Best and Fairest 2004

Ruckman take time to come good. Apparently the lad is now pushing 200cm. I wasn't over the moon from what I saw in the couple games he played last season but he's going to need a couple pre-seasons at least.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 06:14:55 PM by Captain__Blood »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2006, 05:01:55 AM »
i think basically hes a resting ruckman- forward pocket- 3rd tall option

IIRC we drafted Patto to play a similar role to Brendon Lade of Port which sort of fits that description.   

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2006, 06:16:42 PM »
IMO we drafted Pattison as a ruckman.

Not a tap ruckman but a Darcy type ruckman who can pinch hit in the forward line as a KPP/3rd tall but real vaule is in his mobitly as a ruck and potential to act like another midfielder around the ground.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »

Not a tap ruckman but a Darcy type ruckman who can pinch hit in the forward line as a KPP/3rd tall but real vaule is in his mobitly as a ruck and potential to act like another midfielder around the ground.

I've got that vibe too, but i'm hoping to see Patto more as CHF like Ashley Hansen, and hopefully have Graham play that Darcy type role.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »

I've got that vibe too, but i'm hoping to see Patto more as CHF like Ashley Hansen, and hopefully have Graham play that Darcy type role.

Cannot see Patto being Hansen like im sorry to say. Where Ashley is like a tall midfeilder - very mobile and your modern type KPP Patto has the turning circle of a tanker.

Whilst Adam is sposed to be pretty mobile/agily for a ruckman he wont be able to pull it off at CHF in the AFL I dont think.

Hope im wrong of course.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2006, 07:25:20 PM »

Cannot see Patto being Hansen like im sorry to say. Where Ashley is like a tall midfeilder - very mobile and your modern type KPP Patto has the turning circle of a tanker.

Whilst Adam is sposed to be pretty mobile/agily for a ruckman he wont be able to pull it off at CHF in the AFL I dont think.

Hope im wrong of course.

Me 2!

PuntRdRoar

Danny Meyer
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »
After reading some reports about his performance again today for coburg...lets just say...i think hes a good kid, but he needs a serious rocket. Meyer can play but he seriously needs to get his head in order. Maybe he needs to be told that neither Adelaide or Port will finish low enough for him to go to for free- and that he should get his act together coz hes going nowhere with whats happening at the moment.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Danny Meyer
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:23 AM »
I asked in the other thread where he played yesterday. In the first quarter of the practice match at Punt Road that I saw he was played on a HFF  ??? against Hartigan. Ended up being a pseudo CHF contesting against larger opponents while Harts stayed down and got heaps of rebounds. I would of thought with his skill you'd plonk him in the backline as a attacking defender even out of a back pocket and let him do his apprectice before moving into the midfield.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

Danny Meyer signs till 2007
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2006, 02:20:04 PM »
Seems like the young man has signed a 1 year extension to his contract. Its good he is staying but I was hoping that he would have signed for say 3 years instead of 1. The 1 year seems to short for mine.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=273855

letsgetiton!

Re: Danny Meyer signs till 2007
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2006, 03:39:59 PM »
its exactly what they did 4 patto, 1 yr extension. oi am happy with that, by this time next yr , he will be resigned again and be a happy permanent player in our team.

really this is like his first yr, so im not too fussed about the short term extension

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Meyer just fantastic (RFC site)
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
Meyer just fantastic
1:26:52 PM Thu 15 June, 2006
Matt Burgan
Exclusive to afl.com.au

Fans of comic books know the The Fantastic Five. as a superhero team in the Marvel stable. But to fans of AFL football, there's a new Fantastic Five sweeping the town.

It's Richmond's quintet featuring Brett Deledio, Richard Tambling, Danny Meyer, Adam Pattison and Dean Polo - all outstanding young talent and integral to the club's future.

Borne from a playful remark made by Pattison after a recent Tigers victory - The Fantastic Five were 'outed' by Deledio on Channel 10's Before the Game last Saturday night.

But as a slightly embarrassed Meyer explains, it's something he is happy to take on board, purely from the fact that he and his four mates are determined to make an impact at Punt Road.

"Now they're calling us the 'Fab bloody Five' or whatever it was on TV the other day," Meyer told richmondfc.com.au.

"(We're) the first five picks in the 2004 draft for Richmond - we were all top 20 picks as well - and he (Pattison) was just joking around in the showers after the game the other week (that we were The Fantastic Five).

"Things look pretty exciting for the club - we've got a lot of young kids in the side at the moment and we're doing pretty well - and I think even with last year's draft with Cleve Hughes, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls and Trav Casserly - they're all looking very positive … the young kids are starting to step up and the Coburg form is going really well.

"Now we're just happy as a group just getting games because we're all trying to cement a spot, but things do look pretty positive in the long run."

Drafted from Glenelg at No.12 in the 2004 NAB AFL Draft, Meyer played six matches in his first year in 2005, while he has played the past four matches for the Tigers this season and was impressive against Geelong in round nine and the Kangaroos last round.

Meyer said both he and Richmond coach Terry Wallace were pleased with his progress at this point of his 10-match career.

"It's been good to get back in the side for sure, and so far I've been really enjoying it and the form's not too bad and Terry seems to be pretty happy with what I'm doing, so obviously I just hope to step up and cement a spot in the side," Meyer said.

"I think this year I'm a lot better prepared, because I've been doing a lot of extra fitness work with Matt Hornsby our fitness coach, and I've been doing a lot of extra running sessions and it's starting to really pay off.

"My fitness levels are heaps higher than last year and my speed has improved as well, so I'm finding it a bit easier to cover the ground and get more possessions."

"Terry wanted me to go into the VFL and then come into the seniors with some really good form, so basically it would prepare me to cement a spot in the side and hopefully I could come up and not just be in one week and out the next.

"That took me a little while (to break into the senior side), until round eight, but I had a good month in the VFL beforehand, when I came up, so it's been alright."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=273842

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Danny Meyer signs till 2007
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2006, 03:43:28 PM »
New deal for Meyer
1:14:40 PM Thu 15 June, 2006
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Exciting Richmond youngster Danny Meyer will remain a Tiger until the end of 2007, after he recently signed a one-year contract extension to remain at Punt Rd.

Meyer, who has played 10 matches for the Tigers since making his AFL debut in 2005, said he was relishing his time in Melbourne after being drafted from Glenelg.

"I had a contract extension … so I'll be here next year as well, which is a positive and I've really settled in here and I'll probably look to buy an apartment or rent an apartment with a couple of the boys at the end of the year, so I'm enjoying it," Meyer told afl.com.au.

"I love it over here, so I've got no questions in going back, for sure."

Meyer said the homesick factor was no longer a problem although he conceded that it had taken some time to adjust to his new life in Victoria.

"No … I wouldn't say I was really homesick, but I just missed catching up with my mates and family," Meyer said.

"But it takes, I reckon, at least one year to get over that and I'm fine now and I don't have any issues now, but I still don't mind getting back every now and then even though it might be only twice a year but I'm not homesick at all anymore,"

"I think at the early stage you've just been drafted and you're still on a high, so it doesn't really settle in until the season really gets going, I suppose and obviously it was just a huge step-up, but I was really enjoying it."

Despite hailing from South Australia, Meyer was always geared up for a move east, even before he was drafted at No.12 in the 2004 NAB AFL Draft.

"I'd spoken to the Crows and Port (Adelaide) and I spoke to every club, bar Carlton and the Crows said they were going for a ruckman at pick number eight, so I knew I wasn't going to be a show there and Port Adelaide was going for a ready-made midfielder," Meyer said.

"I knew I was going from around pick number 10 to 14 … and they were all Victorian-based clubs so I knew I was coming over here so I had been prepared for that for a while."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=273855