Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41293 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Danny Meyer
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2007, 09:17:27 AM »
and heading straight to the courts.

what a waste this guy has been.

we have so many players like him, so so many
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »
I remember in the 02 pre season cup semi final against Adelaide at the Dome
long kick to the fwd line of the hands of Ottens Krakouer there to run into an open goal. Reminded me so much of KB off the hands of Roach running into goal in the 1980 Grannie and I thought at that time this kid could be anything.
Turned out anything but a consistent and hard working league footballer. Thanks for nothing Krak.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »
you know whats funny about this guy. a few years back i was at a game and i bagged him for doing something and i got cained from this supporter in front of me who went on to bag the hell out of richo.

mate i lost it big time at the pric

ive said this so many times if our players played with his gutz and courage we would be in the 8 EVERY YEAR
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »
Its almost as if ppl want to stick up for and protect the ones who will get us nowhere yet those who fight and wear their heart on their sleeve and bleed yellow and black are the ones who always seem to be maligned.
What gets me is Skunk fans are the first to get onto the back of Richo in any footy discussion yet when I remind them of Rocca's laziness uncompetitiveness and uselessness in terms of overall kicks marks and handballs and contests won per game these people are still stuck on the rd 1 2003 match when Richo kicked 1.7.
I'm with you Daniel unfortunantely they still allow stupid, ignorant  people through the tournstiles to watch the footy regardless of their club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »
Krak would've been a good player in his dad and uncle's time. However the game has gone past that type of small forward only player.

There's still time for Danny (one year) but it'll be up to Danny to put the work in over summer and then during the season. Interesting comment by the Hawthorn fitness guy today who said he prefers kids who train too hard and injure something than those who are hesistant and too conservative with their training.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2007, 07:04:20 PM »
Perhaps that Hawthorn things shows that the players in question are more inclined or compelled to train harder than the acceptable norm and hence be more susceptible to injury and pose this question.
Would you want a conservative 10-12 yr 200 gamer who will just forge a week to week AFL career or are we prepared to have a player whose footy life at this level may be 7-10 yrs but their training strategy may make them more of a top line AFL player even if it reduces their playing life. Its called thinking outside the square. Thinking outside the square will increase your chances of winning a flag than doing nothing.
Did the Hawks fitness coach divulge details on whether this is an initiative of the players or fitness coaching staff?

blx

« Reply #216 on: October 30, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
the lad should just steel himself for the summer of a lifetime.

forget about life for now son, its time to get to work  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »
Perhaps that Hawthorn things shows that the players in question are more inclined or compelled to train harder than the acceptable norm and hence be more susceptible to injury and pose this question.
Would you want a conservative 10-12 yr 200 gamer who will just forge a week to week AFL career or are we prepared to have a player whose footy life at this level may be 7-10 yrs but their training strategy may make them more of a top line AFL player even if it reduces their playing life. Its called thinking outside the square. Thinking outside the square will increase your chances of winning a flag than doing nothing.
Did the Hawks fitness coach divulge details on whether this is an initiative of the players or fitness coaching staff?

That's a good question. Given the pace of the game now with high rotations through the midfield, the 7-10 year type player may become the norm not by design but just by the way modern footy is played.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2007, 10:50:49 PM »
the lad should just steel himself for the summer of a lifetime.

forget about life for now son, its time to get to work  :thumbsup
That should go for most Tigers as well as Danny. No excuse for lack of fitness next year after the year we've just had.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2007, 12:03:55 AM »
My view is that Danny Meyer has done nothing to show that he is going to make it at AFL level. I still believe that he is angleing for a trade home to South Australia and if that is the case then we should do what we can to make this happen; go for a second round pick maybe.

Meyer is wasting ours and his own time on our list; all the potential in the world means jackpooh when you never see it and by the time you realise you aint ever gunna see it, its too late. Who cares if he does well elsewhere, the fact is, HE AINT DOING ANY GOOD HERE WITH US AND ISN'T VERY MUCH LIKELY TOO IN THE FUTURE.

Off load ASAP please.

Agree RR perhaps we should have offloaded him to Adelaide for Rutten or Port with Schulz for a 2nd round player maybe even a first rounder. There were even rumours that Hawthorn were an interested party during the recent trade week. If the kid is interested in being elsewhere it will do us more harm than good prolonging his management on our list when the stake of our time and effort will far outweigh the end result which thus far has been precious little. The way I see Meyer is like the daughter that's always a bridesmaid but never a bride at this point in time. Give him to the first sucker that comes along so long as the as what we get gives us some sort of security and let him be X Clubs problem later. After all he is taking up a spot on the list from some kid that might turn out to be a superstar.
Anyway he's here for another season lets hope he does all the required training and puts in all the adequate hard work that will help him and our club rise the ladder in 2008.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »
stevie wright mentioned on sen that meyer is looking fwd to having his first full inury free preseason and really wants to make an impact next year

i guess that means meyer is staying

I recognise this but it could mean nothing.

Has a new contract for Meyer been announced or is he still a real chance to go PSD?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:59 PM »
stevie wright mentioned on sen that meyer is looking fwd to having his first full inury free preseason and really wants to make an impact next year

i guess that means meyer is staying

I recognise this but it could mean nothing.

Has a new contract for Meyer been announced or is he still a real chance to go PSD?
Nothing publicly has been mentioned but I presume Danny has got a new one-year deal based on what Wright said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2007, 10:48:11 AM »
believe he will be gone.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2007, 10:53:22 AM »
believe he will be gone.

I have heard this rumour as well.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
I can only hope. :pray

If Meyer is punted I will genuinely believe in March's 'no more mediocrity' statement.

The list amendments (delistings) so far this year have been excellent and this would be the icing on the cake.