Author Topic: 'IF' we trade Riewoldt what would we get  (Read 2509 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
'IF' we trade Riewoldt what would we get
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:13:50 PM »
lets not forgot that this is a forum and we are just talking about what if's.
but what if we ever did put jack riewoldt up for trade. What would you guys expect us to be able to get in return? late 1st round or a early 2nd round?

jackstar is back again

Re: 'IF' we trade Riewoldt what would we get
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:16:52 PM »
a player specific in return

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »
This gets talked about far to often in my opinion.

The works his backside off, is outspoken and looks to have leadership qualities.

He's 21 years and 4 months old.

Avg 2 goals a game with about an avg of 5 set shots; All in losing sides with extremely poor delivery; opponents W.B, Carl, Syd and Melb.

We have absolutely no KPP (apart from today in Astbury and Taylor) that have shown any sort of resemblance of a forward for our near and distance future.

Your trade Jack Riewoldt and its club suicide. Big call? No. We've been horrible at the trade table for years. Riewoldt has a possible 12 years as a Richmond forward left, and is a 200+ game player. You don't gamble a trade of that type of player for draft picks that could be half as good or twice as good. You wouldn't be stupid enough to take an older forward that is a higher quality and top load a list that is 5 years away. Trading for a younger teenage forward is the same gamble as a draft pick.

If there are 4 players on our list that are 100% untouchable it has to be Vickory and Riewoldt along with Cotchin and Martin. We could eventually replace midfielders but 200+ game KP players are something you just don't trade.

Not everyone is a Lance Franklin or Chris Judd. It is possible for players to become elite in the age bracket of 24-28.

For heavens sake do not trade Jack Riewoldt, and I don't care how bad his kicking or his develping comparisons are to the likes of Kurt Tippett.

Jack Riewoldt is already a better forward than.
Travis Cloke (2 yrs older) - Cloke maybe infront. But Cloke is no good and Jack will be streets better.
Josh Kennedy (1 yr older)
Ricky Petterd (6 months older)
Tom Lonergan (4 yrs older)
Justin Westhoff (2 yrs older)
Brent Staker (4 yrs older)
Ben Warren (6 months yonger)
Jay Schultz (4 yrs older)
Aaron Edwards (4 yrs older)

I'll stop there.

Jacks progress is going well, for #$%$ sake give him a chance. Yes it is a forum and we can talk about it, I'm talking about how ridiculous it is if it gets to a stage where its seriously spoken about.
Go Tigers!

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »

The works his backside off, is outspoken and looks to have leadership qualities.

Avg 2 goals a game with about an avg of 5 set shots; All in losing sides with extremely poor delivery; opponents W.B, Carl, Syd and Melb.

We have absolutely no KPP (apart from today in Astbury and Taylor) that have shown any sort of resemblance of a forward for our near and distance future.

Your trade Jack Riewoldt and its club suicide. Big call? No. We've been horrible at the trade table for years. Riewoldt has a possible 12 years as a Richmond forward left, and is a 200+ game player. You don't gamble a trade of that type of player for draft picks that could be half as good or twice as good. You wouldn't be stupid enough to take an older forward that is a higher quality and top load a list that is 5 years away. Trading for a younger teenage forward is the same gamble as a draft pick.

If there are 4 players on our list that are 100% untouchable it has to be Vickory and Riewoldt along with Cotchin and Martin. We could eventually replace midfielders but 200+ game KP players are something you just don't trade.

Not everyone is a Lance Franklin or Chris Judd. It is possible for players to become elite in the age bracket of 24-28.

For heavens sake do not trade Jack Riewoldt, and I don't care how bad his kicking or his develping comparisons are to the likes of Kurt Tippett.

Travis Cloke (2 yrs older) - Cloke maybe infront. But Cloke is no good and Jack will be streets better.

I'll stop there.

Jacks progress is going well, for #$%$ sake give him a chance. Yes it is a forum and we can talk about it, I'm talking about how ridiculous it is if it gets to a stage where its seriously spoken about.

He doesnt have leadership qualities. He cant kick from 30 out. Waving your arms around doesnt make you a leader.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:04:09 AM »
you never put Deledio down as an untouchable for trade? dont you agree his worth holding onto.

"Yes it is a forum and we can talk about it, I'm talking about how ridiculous it is if it gets to a stage where its seriously spoken about"

were not seriously speaking about it just getting peoples opinions on what if's about players at our club. isnt that apart of what forums is about getting other people opinions on the same topics that your interested in. (such as a richmond tigers forum interested in the club and players)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »
i can not believe this thread!

you are a disgrace if you think trading Riewoldt will get something good from it!

Riewoldt is going to play in the next Richmond Premiership!

can not believe someone would open this up for debate!

Riewoldt, i have been very happy with because his attitude is where it should be and a lot of others would agree with!

once he gets his kicking accurate, Riewoldt will be worth the wait!

trade Deledio who will be a "Good Player" at Richmond and never ever an "Elite Player"!

talk about his worth if you are going to bring up Riewoldt's!

>:(

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
i can not believe this thread!

you are a disgrace if you think trading Riewoldt will get something good from it!

Riewoldt is going to play in the next Richmond Premiership!

can not believe someone would open this up for debate!

Riewoldt, i have been very happy with because his attitude is where it should be and a lot of others would agree with!

once he gets his kicking accurate, Riewoldt will be worth the wait!

trade Deledio who will be a "Good Player" at Richmond and never ever an "Elite Player"!

talk about his worth if you are going to bring up Riewoldt's!

>:(

geez cant even bring up a debate to see what people opinion is no1 said we are trading him just if we ever did what do people think his worth is.

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
Depends on what you can get in return. If you could get a Hampson at 22 or 23 years of age, youd have to look at it, our ruck situation is appalling.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »
lets not forgot that this is a forum and we are just talking about what if's.
but what if we ever did put jack riewoldt up for trade. What would you guys expect us to be able to get in return? late 1st round or a early 2nd round?

probably something in the order of Meyer or Patto, patently stupid idea :o....what do you expect a club to let go a player that can take 10 marks a game and never miss..as in Kurt Tippet or perhaps test our luck in the draft...like they're real easy to select

FACTS are...of the other talls drafted in same pool as JR

Thorp
Hanson
Sellars
Gumbleton

he is the best by an absolute mile, NO IFs BUTS or maybes...look at his stats and bags of goals to demonstrate that by comparrison to ea of the other bums
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
Depends on what you can get in return. If you could get a Hampson at 22 or 23 years of age, youd have to look at it, our ruck situation is appalling.

Not in this case Ramps - we would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »

I'll stop there.

Spot on Pope.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »

He doesnt have leadership qualities. He cant kick from 30 out. Waving your arms around doesnt make you a leader.

Showed tremendous leadership yesterday but let himself and the team down with his conversion.  Led by example with his efforts around the ground and spoke to the playing group at length at 3/4 time.  His kicking for goal needs to be worked on but it can be fixed.  Let's not make the same mistake we made with Richo and let his flaws develop over many years to become unfixable.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »
Spot on Smoke.

Looked like he was giving a bit of a bake after we fell away in the 3rd.

James Frawley is a very very good up and coming backman, Jack smashed him.

Kicking for goal will improve. with the right education, training and development.

He's so vital to our future, for discussions sake I'd want an established player, and he'd have to be a tall as that's what we need. No talls are established before 24-25. Bringing in a 24/25 year old tall for a promising 21 year old forward wont mae sense with our list so trading Riewoldt is just impossible.
Go Tigers!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »
What would we get?  Not enough.

We need Jack for the future.  He's only 21 and he'll be a great avenue towards goal when (hopefully) Astbury and Griffiths have the experience to properly hold up the 2 key forward posts.

He's exactly the type of player you want as a third tall to stretch a backline and with Morton also there the forward line would be looking balanced.

We must keep him.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
Its embarrassing how much this topic is talked about. You'd have 17 clubs taking Jack Riewoldt at the drop of a hat in an 18 team comp. Every other team has another key big forward. Griffiths, Astubury and Riewoldt with Taylor being an X Factor up forward with Morton crumbing and kicking goals from the pockets. This future should not be gambled with the trade table or draft. Give it a chance.
Go Tigers!