Author Topic: Winless Vs Winless - Tigers vs Crows [merged]  (Read 10430 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Winless Vs Winless - Tigers vs Crows [merged]
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
After the painfull experience of watching that rubbish.
The coach we have appointed is CLEARLY not up to the task.
Kick ins are a disgrace
And the game plan, well there isnt one but to just kick it to a team mate who is under the pump.
DISGRACEFUL

Agree with you re the kick in's, I really can't understand the thought process there, we have been doing it week after week and it hasn't changed. Always going to the flanks to two on ones????? Maybe he should tell the kicker to go straight up the guts and surround the kick in area with Martin, Cotchin, Edwards, Nahas, etc and instructing players like Vickery and Polak, Tuck etc to fly for it. Something has to change we are not clearing that ball out past the centre. We are also not skilled enough to chip the ball out as we turn it over too much.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2010, 08:53:25 PM »
Explain to me the game plan ????????
Adelaide were terrible for the first 3 quarters
The Crows were but onto the game plan or lack of one as far as I can understand it....

Hardwick has come in stating he first wants to work on our defensive side of the game - pressure, tackling, etc. At the moment we can only sustain a credible standard for two quarters even against the mediocre and crap sides. Against top sides no chance.

Offensive strategy hasn't been looked at. At the moment it's the bare basics. Yep long kicking to contests when a free option isn't available. Up to 3/4 time today we had 60 more kicks than handballs. A massive shift from Wallace and late-Frawley's eras.

To me Dimma is the new wave of senior coaches who were taught by lines (defence, mid/ruck and forwards) and they structure their learning phases for the playing squad the same way. I'd doubt he'll start on anything more than basic offence strategy until next preseason at the earliest. In the meantime it's all about getting games into the kids and seeing who has what it takes and who doesn't.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
The Crows were but onto the game plan or lack of one as far as I can understand it....

Hardwick has come in stating he first wants to work on our defensive side of the game - pressure, tackling, etc. At the moment we can only sustain a credible standard for two quarters even against the mediocre and crap sides. Against top sides no chance.

Offensive strategy hasn't been looked at. At the moment it's the bare basics. Yep long kicking to contests when a free option isn't available. Up to 3/4 time today we had 60 more kicks than handballs. A massive shift from Wallace and late-Frawley's eras.

To me Dimma is the new wave of senior coaches who were taught by lines (defence, mid/ruck and forwards) and they structure their learning phases for the playing squad the same way. I'd doubt he'll start on anything more than basic offence strategy until next preseason at the earliest. In the meantime it's all about getting games into the kids and seeing who has what it takes and who doesn't.

Can tell you the playing group havent a clue

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:42 PM »

Have you got inside work Jack or is it an assumption from where you sit? ::)
Surely mate. ::)

This aint verbatim but you said pre season we'll surprise a few teams.
By round 2 we were the worst training team in the AFL. ::)

These are your observations champ.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:42 PM »

If they don't have a clue Jack and you say that like you have the inside info then why at the start of the pre-season and leading into the game proper were all the players that were interviewed saying how much they can't wait to use the new game plan as it was easier than Wallaces and they were training with it every session and getting it together.

I can't understand why you make these comments, is it from what you see because it's not or can't be coming from the players.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »
my mothers, brothers, cousins, girlfriends, uncles tobacconist told me stuff  ;) ;) ;) i'm in the know ;)
Lots of people name their swords......

jackstar is back again

« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »

Have you got inside work Jack or is it an assumption from where you sit? ::)
Surely mate. ::)

This aint verbatim but you said pre season we'll surprise a few teams.
By round 2 we were the worst training team in the AFL. ::)

These are your observations champ.

mate, only tell you what I was tiold.
They faniced themselves in Round 2 and they  said  they werent as bad as there pre season form.
MY OPINION IS, THEY HAVE NO IDEA !
MY OPINION is that Hardwick has no idea.
What team would kick the ball in to the opposition Ruckman ? 2 weeks in a row  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
Who had us finishing 7th pre-Christmas  :rollin.

Us finishing last this year should not have been a surprise to anyone. When you replace so many experienced players over one summer with kids in a list that finished 15th the previous year and was the worst side going around (Dees were tanking) it was a no-brainer prediction.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
Who had us finishing 7th pre-Christmas  :rollin.

Us finishing last this year should not have been a surprise to anyone. When you replace so many experienced players over one summer with kids in a list that finished 15th the previous year and was the worst side going around (Dees were tanking) it was a no-brainer prediction.

Thank you MT. :thumbsup :lol :rollin :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:23 PM »

If they don't have a clue Jack and you say that like you have the inside info then why at the start of the pre-season and leading into the game proper were all the players that were interviewed saying how much they can't wait to use the new game plan as it was easier than Wallaces and they were training with it every session and getting it together.

I can't understand why you make these comments, is it from what you see because it's not or can't be coming from the players.
Its pretty obvious isnt it?  :rollin

the players have banged on about how good it is to have a simple set game plan they can follow all preseason, these comments were also a direct dig at the former coach. The minute any of them murmur something negative I will demand they be sacked on the spot otherwise kiss my memberships and support goodbye for good, players have held sway for far too long at this club

What the players didnt bank on was the current coach exposing players purposely to see whether they have the goods, no hiding under dimma, this i can tell u as fact  :thumbsup  so when certain posters are banging on about how the current coach cant make changes that an under 10's volunteer coach could see, do u seriously think a former experienced afl assistant coach cant see these potential changes? lmao @ idiots trying to tell us that the coach is clueless and cant make basic moves  :lol i mean really.... the coach has his reasons for letting players get slaughtered and its pretty obvious - sink or swim, no shortcuts! its called honest footy

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
Amazing that Jokestar miraculously went missing while we were competitive for 3 quarters.   :whistle :whistle

stuffing parasite.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »

Its pretty obvious isnt it?  :rollin

the players have banged on about how good it is to have a simple set game plan they can follow all preseason, these comments were also a direct dig at the former coach. The minute any of them murmur something negative I will demand they be sacked on the spot otherwise kiss my memberships and support goodbye for good, players have held sway for far too long at this club

What the players didnt bank on was the current coach exposing players purposely to see whether they have the goods, no hiding under dimma, this i can tell u as fact  :thumbsup  so when certain posters are banging on about how the current coach cant make changes that an under 10's volunteer coach could see, do u seriously think a former experienced afl assistant coach cant see these potential changes? lmao @ idiots trying to tell us that the coach is clueless and cant make basic moves  :lol i mean really.... the coach has his reasons for letting players get slaughtered and its pretty obvious - sink or swim, no shortcuts! its called honest footy

:thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
kicking for goal in the 3rd was shocking

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond