Author Topic: winless season coming up?  (Read 1781 times)

tony_montana

winless season coming up?
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »
I honestly think we'll go winless this season. Every year we've seen some shocking sides like melbourne, carlton, freo, us, hawks but even then you knew they would pinch 3 or 4. Footy now, is more about well drilled units executing plans, strategies, pattern running yada yada, we are so far off in this regard that its going to make it very hard to win a game as every other side seems miles ahead of us. (if anyone thinks adelaide are as bad as us they are kidding themselves). I know its not about wins atm, always knew we'd be bottom this year and next but i dont think anyone wants to see a winless season. i hope i get shutdown as early as next week, but i'm genuinely concerned

bushranger

Re: winless season coming up?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
I don't think we will win a game this year also.
And I don't think the Crows will lay down for us next week, but I do see this as the best chance we will have so far at winning.
I knew the Cats would come out and hit us real bad.
Now watch them get stronger.
We just have to be there for our boys and give them the chances to get things right.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
I still think we will win a game.....It will just be deep deep into the season.

Funny thing is we are not even at the "honourable loss" stage of our development yet.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
Given the correct alignment of our planets, we could actually win any of our next 4 games.  Not saying we will, but it's a real possibility after the first 6 weeks of hoping beyond hope.

bushranger

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »
Don't let Jackstar know this.
He wants us to lose by the way you read his posts.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
i think the next few weeks will tell the story, i think the next 4 have only won a few games between them so not exactly flag contenders, Id reserve judgement for a bit
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

bushranger

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »
If we have a show it will be against Adelaide, but it is at their home so this makes it harder to win.
But we have got the Hawks the following weekend, so this could be the one for us in the next 4 weeks.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »
Hardwick needs to flog them on the training track this week. Need to play more than one quarter of good football to win a game. Agree have had no honourable losses. We are light years away from Adelaide. Unless there is a massive change in mindset we will be flogged by them

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »
If we don't win one of our next 3 which seem winnable based on ladder position we may win late in the season against a team who would be playing for nothing in lower table mediocrity. Who knows in 2001 Freo surprised Hawthorn at the Dome in rd 18 to score their first win but if we are relying on teams in mediocrity with their season shot to come up for a win well there is not much dignity in that. Would like to see some sort of four quarter effort soon. :help

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
Hardwick needs to flog them on the training track this week. Need to play more than one quarter of good football to win a game. Agree have had no honourable losses. We are light years away from Adelaide. Unless there is a massive change in mindset we will be flogged by them

this feel good soft co.ck approach didnt work with Spud or Wallace so Hardwick i agree needs to flog them big time this week and if they dont like it then send them straight to Coburg.

They deserve to be smacked in every department. Youth or not there is no excuse for not chasing or tackling. no excuse!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »
Yes l agree flog them on the training track
Too many joggers in our side & too many half hearted attacks on the contests
Its time to knuckle down. punish them & when they finished school them all about long attacking football.
Make the Captain stand at the front of the class & learn to be a leader, teach them how to communicate on the field

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
Scary, very scary possibility. I really hope we do win one game at least, but I am not sure how we are going to.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »
Don't let Jackstar know this.
He wants us to lose by the way you read his posts.

thats bullsiht, i sat with jackstar at the game today and he wants nothing more than to see richmond win and be successful

but he as i witnessed today a team with no game plan, no urgency no desire and no pride

we will not win a game this yr unless attitudes and game plans change.

we r not just weak in body  but weak in mind, its time hardwick got as tough as his reputation because all i see in hardwick atm is a class one soft thing

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »
thats bullpoo, i sat with jackstar at the game today and he wants nothing more than to see richmond win and be successful

but he as i witnessed today a team with no game plan, no urgency no desire and no pride

You poor bastard. I guess you were expecting finals this year?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »
thats bullpoo, i sat with jackstar at the game today and he wants nothing more than to see richmond win and be successful

You poor bastard. I guess you were expecting finals this year?

no i dont expect finals u moron, dont even expect us to get close u malaka.

what i expect are 22 players having a real dip weak in weak out

sure nason looks good when he has the ball, but he is weak and gutless when he does not have it

vickery mopes around the ground with no urgency and is gultless also

this is not just these two but many of our players wont go in hard when its their time to go in, they just corale and put no presssure on

i know where we are as a club but we have a team full of players that do not go in 100% at every contest

geelong do this even when they are 80 pts up , keep going in hard , they dont corale , they go in hard and put presure on the ball carrier

its all about attitude

we have none

i dont give a stuff about the score board this yr, just want to see a change in attitude and culture but i see nothing