Author Topic: Class cost Tigers, says Hardwick (RFC)  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
Re: Class cost Tigers, says Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
Buddy was underdone and mcguane still couldnt keep up with him.  Mcguane was terrible and those last line of defence errors cost us.  He is hopeless and only was retained due to our lack of big blokes.  Thursty was good, moore was OK but mcguane was embarrassing

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
Given Moore was on Rioli, I wouldn't say he was that great

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »
Only highlights the problem we have with 3 talls who aren't especially tall or agile. We will struggle with a power forward on their day and struggle with an agile small-mid sized forward on their day.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 07:44:24 AM »
We need a centre half back. We have a full back in Will. Until we have a centre half back we will struggle down back. Hopefully Post will develop into a centre half back. McGuane should be the third option not the first option for that position.

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 11:54:27 AM »
l would have rested Moore & brought in Kingy to tag Rioli, Rough him up & biff him a few times,  Even if he got a week or 2 suspension his done his job. All they using him for is Coburg & wasting another good player for another club to pick him up to come back & bite us.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »
Essendon assistant coach said on SEN that the last two weeks Richmond have been the most effective team by foot.  :o
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
Essendon assistant coach said on SEN that the last two weeks Richmond have been the most effective team by foot.  :o

Just a public build up for his own team for the game on Saturday.

the claw

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
i agree with hardwick we lacked class and polish. the thing is we will never have enough of either with the likes of graham rance mcguane nahas jackson tuck polak white edwards all in the one team.

imo we were competetive because we went into the game with enough height and size. big bodies enable you to compete but it wont help you win if you have too many who lack that polish.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »
i agree with hardwick we lacked class and polish. the thing is we will never have enough of either with the likes of graham rance mcguane nahas jackson tuck polak white edwards all in the one team.

imo we were competetive because we went into the game with enough height and size. big bodies enable you to compete but it wont help you win if you have too many who lack that polish.

agree with all the above but not edwards santa

reckon he is coming along quite well, still have hopes of him making the grade

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »

From where he was standing at the start of the year Edwards is currently the clubs most improved player. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »

From where he was standing at the start of the year Edwards is currently the clubs most improved player. :thumbsup

He has certainly improved over the last 4-5 weeks, it's a pitty Connors stuffed up off field as he was looking good too and they both could have been the surprise packets of the year to date. Lets just hope Edwards can maintain the form.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »

hmm i reckon the last few games last yr saved his bacon. and i reckon hes been servicable in games this yr.
my trouble is when it comes to players like edwards for wont of a better analogy  you rarely see a leopard change its spots, not for long anyway.
the jury is out thats something.