Author Topic: Boardroom tickets finalised - Miller to run on Casey's ticket  (Read 25210 times)

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Boardroom tickets finalised - Miller to run on Casey's ticket
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2004, 12:10:03 PM »
Need to get a bit more publicicty eh Nick! There's nothing stopping you from contributing to the club and going to the footy now!!!

Gee it's funny how these guys have such selective memories. I have been around the club for over 20 years and we certainly haven't had many players around over the last decade. In fact over the last couple of years there has actually been more past players around the club than ever before.

The matches at Punt Rd between past players and sponsors have been an initiative of the last couple of years. A group of past players sit near us each week at the footy in the RFC reserved area. There's now the mentoring program.

Where do these guys get off?

Offline Whatever it takes

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2004, 01:05:04 PM »
Hi Guys,

Like some of you, I'm just furious at Nick Daffy - who does he think he is.

Yes, he's a successful businessman, thanks to the good money he was on at RFC - that we paid him.

He talks about past players not being welcome yet he's going to meet Steven Wright tomorrow about a coterie group. Well it looks like we are getting past players in you idiot, and that's been organised by the CEO that the incumbent board appointed and the coach that Casey/Miller appointed.

Guys, you've all got a great sense of humour on this site and I'm rapt that most of you think what I think which is that we must give CC/GM, etc another 12 months.

However, I;m getting a little depressed about something - and I hope you can help me/cheer me up.

I think that the silent majority (not those of us on this site and BF), want the incimbent Board to remain - but here's my fear. What is the silent majority don't vote - I mean our h/hold has 4 votes and I've convinced a few non-political membesr to vote.

But I just heard a grab from Dermie talking to Miller last Thursday night that only about 60% of HFC members voted in 1996 when they were voting on a merger.

Are you all out there convincing people (who may not necessarily vote), to vote.

Online Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2004, 01:45:48 PM »
ROFLMAO Daffy thinking anyone would want him back

ROFLMAO Daffy saying anything

ROFLMAO a newspaper reporting it

:rollin

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2004, 01:49:39 PM »
You would have noticed when you were playing at the club there wasn't many former players around the club - it is the way of Richmond.  Don't blame Casey for that.  It's not a new phenomena that just suddenly came when came on board.

There is a player-mentor scheme happening at the moment Nick - get on board.  Nothing's stopping you from coming back to the club.  You're full of pooh.

Haha :rollin

You beat me to it Moi - fair dinkum some of these players need to wake up and smell the coffee beans brewing.

Terry Wallace has introduced a mentor program - invited 50 odd former players the other week - hell he even invited Bryan Wood - now this gets reported at a Wallace initiative.

The fact that the same sort of thing hasn't been in place for the last 5 years is Clinton Casey's fault - give me a break.

What about pointing the finger at the previous coach for that one - a bit of consistency please >:(

I was speaking to a former player at THC luncheon earlier in the year and he was saying how he offered to help the younger players in a mentoring type role because he thought it may help them and finshed by saying that it didn't seem to be Frawley's way - perhaps the next time I see him I should tell him he was wrong - it wasn't Frawley it was Casey ::)

Are you all out there convincing people (who may not necessarily vote), to vote.

Ev eryone I know who didn't vote earlier this year will be voting this time round and have said to me they will be going with the CC ticket because of Miller
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2004, 01:53:19 PM »
And one more thing about Nick.....

Explain to me why when you had agreed to attend a pre-match function during the season at Telstra dome( you were supposed to arrive at about 1.00 to 1.30pm) with a number of other past players (Benny Gale, Scot Turner, Chris Naish) to name a couple you Nick didn't bother shoewing up until half time - give me a break or was that Casey's fault too

Life goes on

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2004, 02:07:53 PM »
Hey Nick.
You are the reason this club has been such a disgrace.
You screwed the club for big bucks, oh dont you remember. oh thats right , we paid for your salary when you went to Sydney.
Get a life Nick please !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2004, 02:44:28 PM »
Hey Nick.
You are the reason this club has been such a disgrace.
You screwed the club for big bucks, oh dont you remember. oh thats right , we paid for your salary when you went to Sydney.
Get a life Nick please !

Daffy was an example of the Club's former policy of offering senior players $$$ and a long contract for only 1-2 good seasons (95 & 98). Maybe certain people have sour grapes that that gravy train was stopped  ::).

And you wonder why the members use to bag you Nick!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2004, 05:25:44 PM »
He is a successful Melbourne businessman
Boy that statement gives me the poos - couldn't find anyone more undeserving to be successful.
Nicky, nothing stopping you from being involved in the club, nothing stopping you attending functions (except you'd have to pay - no more freebies Nick).
I remember that day he rocked up at Colonial well, WP.  Bloody nerve whining about never being asked back, after he had been invited last year and forgot to turn up.

Life goes on

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2004, 10:08:53 PM »
The loungeroom makes a kiiling out of all the Tiger games as Telstra. what a nerve

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2004, 10:12:48 PM »
I remember that day he rocked up at Colonial well, WP.  Bloody nerve whining about never being asked back, after he had been invited last year and forgot to turn up.

Yeah - Scottie Turner bless him turned up on time as did Chris Naish and they were great. Nick staggered in at half time. They had all been at Nick's bar at Telstra - prior to the game.

As for a new Coterie - he's had plenty of time. Don't see you at tommy Hafey Club luncheons Nick. Why don't you support the ones that already exist seeing you are such a successful business man?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »
From my New Concept R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-L-I-T-Y File ;D

======

Tiger tensions
12 December 2004   Sunday Herald Sun
By SCOT PALMER

TWO former Richmond committeemen seeking to regain their places in the Tigers' bitter boardroom poll were slammed yesterday for resigning this year when they knew the club was in financial trouble.

Board member and chairman of the Jack Dyer foundation Don Lord accused Peter Welsh and Brendan Schwab of quitting when the going got tough.

In a frank discussion on the election campaign being waged by the Charles Macek-led group against president Clinton Casey and his board, Lord said: "It's worth remembering that when the budget was approved 12 months ago Welsh and Schwab were included.

"In fact, Brendan was on the governance committee that recommended the budget to the board.

"They didn't resign when the budget was done, they resigned in March when we knew we were in financial trouble.

"The rest of us rolled up our sleeves and got stuck into it."

Joined by another boardman Gary March on radio SEN, Lord also disclosed some figures on the Richmond debt.

"The proceeds from the AFL for Waverley that will come to us in the next couple of years will see, by 2007, we have recovered the full cost of our development," Lord said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11664957%255E19771,00.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2004, 01:37:25 AM »
Daffy is a wanka - clap clap clap clap  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2004, 01:49:25 AM »
It's worth remembering that when the budget was approved 12 months ago Welsh and Schwab were included.

"In fact, Brendan was on the governance committee that recommended the budget to the board.

"They didn't resign when the budget was done, they resigned in March when we knew we were in financial trouble. [/b]

Interesting! Well someone is telling porkies  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Miller keen to hand over board position to Rex
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2004, 01:57:11 AM »
A poster on tiger talk attended a forum at the Burnie Football Club Greg Miller guest speaker.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/62779

Greg is keen to hand his board position to Rex is things pan out like he
hopes.
I thought he appeared reasonably confident of keeping his job (Casey
winning) and I rather think most members there would vote for him and the
Casey ticket. There was little questioning of the past board performance
either in the group questioning or direct with him afterwards. I think most
will be clinging to the hope of the future and going with the present
administration.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Miller keen to hand over board position to Rex
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2004, 02:31:01 AM »
A poster on tiger talk attended a forum at the Burnie Football Club Greg Miller guest speaker.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/62779

Greg is keen to hand his board position to Rex is things pan out like he
hopes.
I thought he appeared reasonably confident of keeping his job (Casey
winning) and I rather think most members there would vote for him and the
Casey ticket. There was little questioning of the past board performance
either in the group questioning or direct with him afterwards. I think most
will be clinging to the hope of the future and going with the present
administration.

Not having a dig at you MT - But I dont think this one was rocket science - Miller (old fox to cunning)  :cheers