Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81526 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2010, 11:38:21 PM »
If Andrew mackie is geelongs 23rd player i'd like to see a rfc chase him

would be a good addition to thr like of astbury, grimes, gourdis, rance

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »

The last thing we need is more 192cm defenders, especially one who is 27 next year. What's the point of that?

Geelong would be very smart to try trading a player of value like Mackie to a team that is chasing a defender to push for a premiership, and there are a few of those around (read Hawks, Blues & Pies)
They would easily get a first round pick for him and it would help them bring in some more high quality juniors to assist with the pending rebuild as their stars start aging. Would be very intelligent list management if they do it. In fact if they were to trade him to a team like Collingwood which has a crap 1st rounder they could probably ask for either a 1st & 2nd rounder or a 1st rounder and a young player.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »

Mackie = STAR and these guys you mention, could all learn alot off him. Plays small, plays tall and rebounds as good as anyone in the game. And his kicking is exquisite.
Love the way he plays the game.....

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »

Mackie = STAR and these guys you mention, could all learn alot off him. Plays small, plays tall and rebounds as good as anyone in the game. And his kicking is exquisite.
Agreed i always get scared when its stuc in our 50 becuase we find it really hard to get it out .. This guy will help us improve this  :thumbsup

Offline French Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »

I dont think he would be going anywhere.He has been dropped for playing poorly & i think he would be more keen on getting himself back into the team than coming to the Tigers

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2010, 01:37:59 PM »

good call, we don't have any 192cm defenders worth keeping, mackie would be our no 1 defender.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of movement surrounding the Adelaide Crows with players leaving the club with rumors circling that Chris Knights is the next one to go.

On Channel 9's The Footy Show, Chris Knights was the topic of conversation with speculation that he will be joining a Melbourne based team. Is it true? Is he on his way to Vic? Chris Knights answers the rumors

Video link: http://www.novafm.com.au/nova919/video_chris-knights-changing-clubs_106085

Notice the smirk on Knights' face when Richmond is mentioned.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
Houli is crap ! Why would we go after that dud ?  Thought Dimma said no more shortcuts ?

100% correct.

i would be gutted if we selected this bloke especially after the short cut crap that Dimma and others have been harping on about.

we cant be serious can we.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »
Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of movement surrounding the Adelaide Crows with players leaving the club with rumors circling that Chris Knights is the next one to go.

On Channel 9's The Footy Show, Chris Knights was the topic of conversation with speculation that he will be joining a Melbourne based team. Is it true? Is he on his way to Vic? Chris Knights answers the rumors

Video link: http://www.novafm.com.au/nova919/video_chris-knights-changing-clubs_106085

Very interesting... he dose smile when richmond is mentioned BUT he dose state that he is trying work it out with the crows... its been a couple of weeks from the last game of the season and we have heard no news.. could be a good sign for melbourne footy clubs

Ramps

« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2010, 04:19:29 PM »

no smirk for essendon, tried to hide it when Richmond was mentioned, looks like if hes coming home then itll be with us.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »

no smirk for essendon, tried to hide it when Richmond was mentioned, looks like if hes coming home then itll be with us.

When do u reckon we will find out?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: September 11, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
Haven't seen much of Houli. The only time I saw him this year he was very good.

You wonder how much some of those commenting on him have actually seen. There seems to be a lot of people say he's no good, but not too many reasons put forward for this line of thinking.

heres a few good reasons why champ.

Houli yet to cement a senior spot in a team which are pathetic.

Houli 180 cms!!! Wow we are so light on for those type of players now arent we

Give me a stuffin spell to any of you who think we need a player like Hoili as opposed to selecting another kid.

we should've learnt after Hislop and Thomson. No more leftover duds please

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »
Gee Daniel, with such an insightful appraisal of players surely there is a job awaiting you as a an AFL recruiter.

I must have read dozens of comments, here and elsewhere statinging he is no good and we dont want him at Richmond, but except for one tiger head, the only people to actually give anything resembling an assessment of Houli as a player have been bummer people.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ramps

« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2010, 04:32:06 PM »
i agree with Daniel. Say No to Houli!

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
It would be nice to have a Knights at the tigers again.