Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 79166 times)

Ramps

Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
After we came out and said that we would be active traders the rumour mill seems to have gone into overdrive: this is the latest summary of players being linked to us on forums, by rumour mongers, by supposed insiders etc etc.

Travis Boak: Port Adelaide- Very Good Player In my Opinion but its doubtful hes coming our way. Id reckon GC is where he will go if he leaves Port. We would have to cough up 4 which I doubt we would do. Even a swap of picks would be doubtful.

Patrick Veszpremi: Sydney- Rated him as a junior but done nothing at Sydney. Seems to be wallowing in the Sydney 2s somewhere in the NSWSL. Do we really need another forward pocket? Wouldnt want to pay more than a 3rd rounder for him at this stage.

Chris Knights: Adelaide- Very good player, a classy player, big in size and would add to the midfield, can also kick a nice goal, wont be cheap- Do we need another of his type? Seems abit injury prone at the minute as well.

Patrick Dangerfield: Adelaide- Star in the making. Would almost finish our midfield mix. Sadly its probably a 1 in 100 chance only.

Jack Trengrove : Port Adelaide- could become a  very good player in time. I actually liked his game against us. Tough kid who goes hard at the footy. Key Position or Ruck, not sure but his name has come up at Bigfooty.

Mitch Brown: West Coast Eagles- Brown another big KPP. Has talent but had knee issues in the past. Cant see where hed fit in- maybe CHB at RFC, he to has been mentioned.

Addem Maric: Melbourne- Forward pocket player, was good in the TAC Cup but for mine, we dont need this type of player now.
Thats it for now.

Ashley Smith: West Coast Eagles

Tom Collier: Brisbane

Basher Houli: Essendon

Nathan Djekurra: Geelong

Jared Brennan: Brisbane
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:50:40 PM by Ramps »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
And supposedly Morton is on the outs.  ::)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:01:18 PM »

yeah....big cox on BF is full of crap

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »
After we came out and said that we would be active traders the rumour mill seems to have gone into overdrive: this is the latest summary of players being linked to us on forums, by rumour mongers, by supposed insiders etc etc.

Travis Boak: Port Adelaide- Very Good Player In my Opinion but its doubtful hes coming our way. Id reckon GC is where he will go if he leaves Port. We would have to cough up 4 which I doubt we would do. Even a swap of picks would be doubtful.

Patrick Veszpremi: Sydney- Rated him as a junior but done nothing at Sydney. Seems to be wallowing in the Sydney 2s somewhere in the NSWSL. Do we really need another forward pocket? Wouldnt want to pay more than a 3rd rounder for him at this stage.

Chris Knights: Adelaide- Very good player, a classy player, big in size and would add to the midfield, can also kick a nice goal, wont be cheap- Do we need another of his type? Seems abit injury prone at the minute as well.

Thats it for now.
On Travis Boak. Last week I saw him do some classy things, but if you look around the Port forums there seems to be quite a few knocks on his disposal. Looking at his stats he gets a lot of contested posession, but his disposal efficiency is in the low 60s (ignoring the 38% from yesterday in the mud). I meant to keep an eye on him yesterday but to be honest I concentrated more on our blokes and didn't even notice him.

Not too sure what to make of him.

If your going by that claim on BF about him being told he is not a required player Id take that with a grain of salt.
I could not imagine that being said to him at this stage of the year.
Thats not to say he wont be on the outer come seasons end if he doesnt get his act together though.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
Chris Knights would be a good MCG player in my opinion. Would add class and another goalkicking mid/hff into the ranks. Wouldnt say no to Knights coming to Richmond especially if he gets over his injury concerns.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
i think there has been talk of us being interested in patrick vespremi from sydney.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »
Would love Boak but he'll go to GC
Would consider Veszpremi but it would want to be for very little in return, perhaps trade Sydney a player and get Vez & a pick in return perhaps
Knights is a good player, but I dunno, he's not one I'd actively chase. Just one of the Crowbot 6ft blonde midfielders, would rather chase someone better in the draft. Depends what he'd cost us I guess.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
I have heard Patrick Dangerfield from Adelaide wants to come back home to Victoria. :thumbsup

Could be someone we may look into.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »

Thats it for now.
On Travis Boak. Last week I saw him do some classy things, but if you look around the Port forums there seems to be quite a few knocks on his disposal. Looking at his stats he gets a lot of contested posession, but his disposal efficiency is in the low 60s (ignoring the 38% from yesterday in the mud). I meant to keep an eye on him yesterday but to be honest I concentrated more on our blokes and didn't even notice him.

Not too sure what to make of him.

If your going by that claim on BF about him being told he is not a required player Id take that with a grain of salt.
I could not imagine that being said to him at this stage of the year.
Thats not to say he wont be on the outer come seasons end if he doesnt get his act together though.

Alot of the attention was based on his 5 goal game in the SA Showdown b/c unless Port play your team you don't pay much attention to their other games outside of the Showdown in case we see a bit of biff.

The rumours started not long after that match in round 6. ALl of us were seduced by that 5 goal effort and the fact he is originally a Victorian kid.

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »
I have heard Patrick Dangerfield from Adelaide wants to come back home to Victoria. :thumbsup

Patrick Dangerfield would go to the top of this list if he was available. Will be a sensational player.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »

Patrick Dangerfield would go to the top of this list if he was available. Will be a sensational player.

Dangerfield is the only one. The rest are a waste and/or too expensive on the open market.

Listening to Roo on the radio he said in Adelaide they are calling for Danger to play in the midfield next season

He will be a gun love the way he goes about it
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »

Pretty sure Dangerfiled signed a contract extension at the end of last season tying him to Adel until the end of 2011
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 11:41:27 PM »
i dont get the love of morton have been saying since we got him that he was soft poor attitude  and lacked a motor.
to me its pettifer all over. unless mitch can find a defensive side to his game find a work ethic from somewhere and get his head out of his arse he will be gonski.

yep he has some talent but really rfc supporters rag him up.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 02:34:54 AM »
Do rate Dangerfield very highly,and has massive upside if he can get his body right. An A-class midfielder that can have a genuine impact if swung forward are gems.

Would hope that Andy Collins may model his game on Roo like P.D, however Andy is currently C-Class with this kind of midfield/goalkicking potential.

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
A couple of new names added today Trengove from Port and Brown from the Eagles.