Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 78904 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »
Unless we can get any of these guys in the PSD why would we waste any pick? Our track record with trades has been terrible at best and we are rebuilding so why would we want to top up?

Perplexing

Stripes

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
Unless we can get any of these guys in the PSD why would we waste any pick? Our track record with trades has been terrible at best and we are rebuilding so why would we want to top up?

Perplexing

Stripes

I think apart from Vezsepremi, they're out of contract and a) not getting a game; or b) wanting to move back to their home state.

This doesn't leave their current team much bargaining power, we might be able to get them cheap or do a player for player trade.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »
With gold coast effectively having first pick on any uncontracted players the chances of getting any decent player in the PSD are slim
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 01:02:08 PM »
With gold coast effectively having first pick on any uncontracted players the chances of getting any decent player in the PSD are slim

Our current batch of recruits seem an inspired collection of educated choices from a much better team of recuiters. Would you prefer to give them licence to pick another group of youngsters, hopefully equally as capable, or trade away some of these picks who could turn out to be better than the traded player?

Hard decision as it means you have to use educated guesses. Drafting is more long term unless the traded players is around the 20 mark in age.

The whole McMahon/Thomspon/Hislop thing has me spooked  :-\

Stripes

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 01:29:44 PM »
Given what we got from last years draft I would be happy to just dip into the draft pool again, for sure. Not too sure how my post gave an impression otherwise. All I was pointing out that we are unlikely to pull a quality existing player through the PSD
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
Boak (PRT) - tick but Port would want a first rounder for him. Do they still want Jordie?  ;D

Trengove (PRT) - pass
Knights (ADL) - pass. A dodgy kick for mine.
M. Brown (WCE) - pass
Maric (MEL) - pass
Vezsepremi (SYD) - pass

Stick to the draft Dimma!  :thumbsup

Do you even watch footy?
Knights a Dodgy kick...... NFI
Trengove....... a second year player with a massive future
Maric...... as a good a ruckman as anyone at our club
M. Brown....... another very good kid that all teams in the AFL would love on ther list

Vezsepremi....... not sure but from all reports could be very good.
Knights at times can get plenty of the ball but IMO his kicking is too hit and miss. Reminds me of a smaller Jacko. As the Crows would want a first round pick in return for Knights then pass. There are better options in the National draft.

Addam Maric is a small forward 178cm, 77kg. We have more than enough of his type.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/players/playerprofile/addammaric/tabid/8357/playerid/18361/category/senior/season/2010/selected/bio/default.aspx

I wouldn't touch either of the Brown brothers with a ten foot pole. Another who can't kick reliably.

Vezsepremi is a fringe player at the Swans. Sorry we've been down that pathway many times before overrating and drafting other clubs' retreds. He's also only 181cm tall (under 6ft) so again not the type we need. We shouldn't be recruiting anyone under 185cm this year IMO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »
This isnt a rumour - just running this for the fun of it... Phil Davis from Adelaide is a star in the making that kid. He is developing into a player who could be the premier key position defender in the game over the next 10 years. Was cleaning up Pavlich before he was knocked out in the Sandilands incident and shows poise beyond his years. I would trade out all 3 of ours for this player in a heartbeat. When he comes out of contract every single club will be after him, he will stay in Adelaide because they will pay him top dollar to stay, he will be a top player.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »
Boak (PRT) - tick but Port would want a first rounder for him. Do they still want Jordie?  ;D

Trengove (PRT) - pass
M. Brown (WCE) - pass
Maric (MEL) - pass
Vezsepremi (SYD) - pass

Do you even watch footy?
M. Brown....... another very good kid that all teams in the AFL would love on ther list

I'm not sure if you read this forum very much but if there is one guy whose opinion is worth considering it's MT.
How much football do YOU watch?
One of the reasons i don't read this forum as much as i used to is because of boring flogs like you. If your not repeating yourself you are giving nothing worth reading.
So just so i know is there anyone else on this forum i cannot disagree with?
And for the record i played over 200 games of senior footy, help out Jade at Coburg when i retired (so i'm pretty sure he thought i knew my fair share about footy) and watch as much footy as i can.
 :wallywink

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 08:18:32 PM »

Trengove (PRT) - pass
M. Brown (WCE) - pass
Maric (MEL) - pass
Vezsepremi (SYD) - pass

Do you even watch footy?

I'm not sure if you read this forum very much but if there is one guy whose opinion is worth considering it's MT.
One of the reasons i don't read this forum as much as i used to is because of boring flogs like you. If your not repeating yourself you are giving nothing worth reading.
And for the record i played over 200 games of senior footy, help out Jade at Coburg when i retired (so i'm pretty sure he thought i knew my fair share about footy) and watch as much footy as i can.

For all that you allege to have played and coached football, very little is written that supports that experience.
You can disagree all you want but to write that the administrator of the site doesn't watch football is just insulting.

You obviously don't read this forum because if you did, it would be obvious - even to you - how ridiculous that comment looks to anyone who read it.

If you can't handle being called out when behaving like a ignorant troll then go and peddle your tirades somewhere else - after all its a free country!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »

Trengove (PRT) - pass
M. Brown (WCE) - pass
Maric (MEL) - pass
Vezsepremi (SYD) - pass

Do you even watch footy?

For all that you allege to have played and coached football, very little is written that supports that experience.
You can disagree all you want but to write that the administrator of the site doesn't watch football is just insulting.

You obviously don't read this forum because if you did, it would be obvious - even to you - how ridiculous that comment looks to anyone who read it.

If you can't handle being called out when behaving like a ignorant troll then go and peddle your tirades somewhere else - after all its a free country!
I'm sure if MT felt insulted he would have said so. As for you chimming in on his behalf it just shows me what type of person you are. I think the best word for you would be jellyfish.
If you want people to like you just be yourself, not a little suck trying to be liked by the administrators. It's a forum for f@#ks sake, you can be anyone you want on here.
Why not just give the readers YOUR opinion on the players mentioned rather than try and be a hero.
Or is it you that doesn't know anything about footy?

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »
I'm sure if MT felt insulted he would have said so. As for you chimming in on his behalf it just shows me what type of person you are. I think the best word for you would be jellyfish.
If you want people to like you just be yourself, not a little suck trying to be liked by the administrators. It's a forum for f@#ks sake, you can be anyone you want on here.
Why not just give the readers YOUR opinion on the players mentioned rather than try and be a hero.
Or is it you that doesn't know anything about footy?

I have enjoyed most of your posts but what the stuff is this crap.

Who died and put you in charge?

You say "you can be anyone you want on here" but then say "Why not just give the readers YOUR opinion".

How about you get a grip.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »
Enough with the personal insults and slanging matches ppl and stick to the topic!  ::)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
Yeah instead of insults why not stick to self inflating the ego

For example I will top Big Tones 200 senior games with I have played 250 senior games with one premiership

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
For example ... I have played 250 senior games with one premiership
No worries Flea  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
This isnt a rumour - just running this for the fun of it... Phil Davis from Adelaide is a star in the making that kid. He is developing into a player who could be the premier key position defender in the game over the next 10 years. Was cleaning up Pavlich before he was knocked out in the Sandilands incident and shows poise beyond his years. I would trade out all 3 of ours for this player in a heartbeat. When he comes out of contract every single club will be after him, he will stay in Adelaide because they will pay him top dollar to stay, he will be a top player.
Was a #10 draft pick from memory so was always a decent change to be a top line player
No reason we can't draft someone of similar quality with future picks