Author Topic: Out Of Africa  (Read 25850 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Out Of Africa
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »
yeah we are doing a kick ass job over there. 68% of Zambians live under the poverty line. Life expectancy is a whopping 40 years. Well at least they don't have to set money aside for retirement.

please do not say that us westerners have done ANYTHING but exploited that continent then handed back our scraps in return.

Got any stats to compare what their life expectancy and how many were under the poverty line before westerners were there?
Bit meaningless otherwise.

Read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A Price. It gives a good insight into how the Western influence affected the lives of many people around the globe.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »

Dead right Smokey, your comments are very true, if it wasn't for Westerners going into the country it would be completely corrupt, it near on is now, as you say. The Police and Government are still on the take and they abuse their own race moer than we do.

We are really helping in ways that many people other than people like you and I will never see or understand!

Sadly WAT I don't think we are helping.  We created the whole shyte-storm by colonisation, then walked (or were pushed in many places) out and left the Africans totally unprepared to move forward and prosper according to Western doctrine.  All we did was plunder without care or responsibility.  The corruption is there because we gave them a taste of another life without teaching any of the social 'morals' that need to accompany that supposed better lifestyle.  Yes, the current governments made up of their own people are corrupt and often evil but we showed them and we taught them - we can't now blame them.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »

Got any stats to compare what their life expectancy and how many were under the poverty line before westerners were there?
Bit meaningless otherwise.

There was no poverty line before Westerners moved in Infamy, that's at the core of the whole problem.  The poverty line is a Western measurement of Western social means - had no concept or peer in African society until we showed them a 'better' way.   ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
so true smokey...and it wasn't just in Africa either.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »
yeah we are doing a kick ass job over there. 68% of Zambians live under the poverty line. Life expectancy is a whopping 40 years. Well at least they don't have to set money aside for retirement.

please do not say that us westerners have done ANYTHING but exploited that continent then handed back our scraps in return.

Sorry Cranny can't agree with those comments, the damage was done prior to Aussies moving in there. Life expectantcy is actually 35 years old, I am not going over there to exploit anyone either I am going to help, and yes of course get payed for it but they can not do this stuff on their own.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »

Sorry Cranny can't agree with those comments, the damage was done prior to Aussies moving in there. Life expectantcy is actually 35 years old, I am not going over there to exploit anyone either I am going to help, and yes of course get payed for it but they can not do this stuff on their own.
The problem may have occurred with the end of colonisation in Africa at the end of ww2! Westerners left a whole continent to fight over a mineral rich resource causing civil wars, corruption and massive breaches in human rights! Sorry to politicise it! Good luck WAT! Love your work!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »

The problem may have occurred with the end of colonisation in Africa at the end of ww2! Westerners left a whole continent to fight over a mineral rich resource causing civil wars, corruption and massive breaches in human rights! Sorry to politicise it! Good luck WAT! Love your work!

Yeah agree GR 12, love your work too.. :thumbsup, hopefully I can post from work and then get set up in my room over there, they are 12 hours behind, timewise anyway!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »
At least we will have more friday night games!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
At least we will have more friday night games!

Yeah true.. ;D

"Rucks:

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 11:05:47 PM »
good luck with your new job. It would be a great experience working in another country no doubt especially one like africa that has such a different culture.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 11:13:24 PM »
good luck with your new job. It would be a great experience working in another country no doubt especially one like africa that has such a different culture.

Thanks T101, yes very much looking forward to it, always looking for good people over there too. Different culture is one of the main reasons I am going, everyone should experience a different culture IMO, I have been to England and Scotland but Zambian people are amazing!

"Rucks:

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »
Probably not the place to post this but seeing as it is the most read part of the forum, what the heck, please just leave it here mods :thumbsup.

I have just returned from a site visit to a mine in Zambia (Africa) for a job I don't think I can refuse. With the way they pay over their I should be retired in a couple of years.. :clapping

I will be returning back there in about 10-12 days so until I get set up over there I will be posting less on the forum than I usually do, unfortunately, but should make one-some people happy... ;D

I took a 5-6 hour bus drive from the an Airport in Ndola to the mine site and unless you have seen it over their we really don't know how lucky we have it in here, really, it is an eye opener.. :(.

I will also be educating them on our national game and I am actually going to take an AFL football with me, that should be fun as all they really play is soccer.

Anyway just thought I would share this with you all!!

Sounds like an offer too good to pass by WAT
hope it all works out well

being in the same game I appreciate what your saying
its not all beer and skittles out there but if we can have any sort of positive impact on others lives then its a good thing
and you may need to take more than 1 footy  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »
Probably not the place to post this but seeing as it is the most read part of the forum, what the heck, please just leave it here mods :thumbsup.

I have just returned from a site visit to a mine in Zambia (Africa) for a job I don't think I can refuse. With the way they pay over their I should be retired in a couple of years.. :clapping

I will be returning back there in about 10-12 days so until I get set up over there I will be posting less on the forum than I usually do, unfortunately, but should make one-some people happy... ;D

I took a 5-6 hour bus drive from the an Airport in Ndola to the mine site and unless you have seen it over their we really don't know how lucky we have it in here, really, it is an eye opener.. :(.

I will also be educating them on our national game and I am actually going to take an AFL football with me, that should be fun as all they really play is soccer.

Anyway just thought I would share this with you all!!

Sounds like an offer too good to pass by WAT
hope it all works out well

being in the same game I appreciate what your saying
its not all beer and skittles out there but if we can have any sort of positive impact on others lives then its a good thing
and you may need to take more than 1 footy  :thumbsup

Yep dead right 632, too good to refuse, lol at taking another footy, actually after you saying that I may need to take more than 2 haha.

You are also correct; if we can have any positive impact over there which we will, it will certainly help them out and to move forward.

"Rucks:

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »
Good luck to you WAT

Hope you make some good coin in Zambia. :thumbsup

You never know .....when you return in a couple of years,Richmond could be an emerging super power of the AFL.
You could then watch them on your new 100 inch 3D television. :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Good luck to you WAT

Hope you make some good coin in Zambia. :thumbsup

You never know .....when you return in a couple of years,Richmond could be an emerging super power of the AFL.
You could then watch them on your new 100 inch 3D television. :thumbsup

Cheers Mat, thats what I am hoping, wouldn't it be nice to watch Richmond in the GF the year I retire.. ;D, I will be working a 9 week on 3 week off roster FIFO so that will be good!!

"Rucks: