Author Topic: New Milne Montagna allegations coming up on Channel Nine  (Read 2993 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: New Milne Montagna allegations coming up on Channel Nine
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »
Last night, Mr Smith told Nine News that money was one of the reasons he and Mr Gladman were given for the decision not to proceed. He said it was suggested that because Milne and teammate Montagna could afford top lawyers, "it would cost the department a lot of money" if the prosecution failed.

Today the Opposition Crime Prevention spokesman Andrew McIntosh said the apparent excuse did not wash.

“I would have thought that the sole consideration should be whether or not there is a case to answer,'' Mr McIntosh told MTR radio.

“It would be very rare for costs be awarded against the Crown in a jury trial.

“I'm just concerned that it may be a false claim as a justification ... the issue of costs should not be a consideration the prosecution should take into account.''

Mr McIntosh said Victoria's ramshackle mechanism to fight corruption is a matter of profound concern with Victoria Police lurching from one disaster to another.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/investigator-alleges-that-costs-a-factor-when-milne-rape-case-dropped/story-e6frf7jo-1225882983027

Ox

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
just remembered something.
Saints had a copper trainer back then by the name of John Moncrief....

A SERVING police officer in the Bayside region allegedly had a part-time job with St Kilda Football Club during the time the Milne allegations were being probed, and that officer allegedly had a copy of the rape victim's statement within hours of her making it.

Ox

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 12:16:52 AM »
Last night, Mr Smith told Nine News that money was one of the reasons he and Mr Gladman were given for the decision not to proceed. He said it was suggested that because Milne and teammate Montagna could afford top lawyers, "it would cost the department a lot of money" if the prosecution failed.

Today the Opposition Crime Prevention spokesman Andrew McIntosh said the apparent excuse did not wash.

“I would have thought that the sole consideration should be whether or not there is a case to answer,'' Mr McIntosh told MTR radio.

“It would be very rare for costs be awarded against the Crown in a jury trial.

“I'm just concerned that it may be a false claim as a justification ... the issue of costs should not be a consideration the prosecution should take into account.''

Mr McIntosh said Victoria's ramshackle mechanism to fight corruption is a matter of profound concern with Victoria Police lurching from one disaster to another.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/investigator-alleges-that-costs-a-factor-when-milne-rape-case-dropped/story-e6frf7jo-1225882983027

the investigating officers didn't use it as an excuse.
It was what they were told by senior detectives when attempting to make it stick.
The fact this rat is playing this particular card indicates to me that,as froars has stated,it has to be an independent body to review any such angle of the entire invstigation.

so bent.

FNM

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 04:17:05 AM »
just remembered something.
Saints had a copper trainer back then by the name of John Moncrief....

A SERVING police officer in the Bayside region allegedly had a part-time job with St Kilda Football Club during the time the Milne allegations were being probed, and that officer allegedly had a copy of the rape victim's statement within hours of her making it.
Good get Sherlock lmao :thumbsup