Author Topic: Tigers VS Dee's  (Read 6615 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Tigers VS Dee's
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »
interesting game i feel and of course the media will build
it into something its not especially if either side gets bent over.

lets hope the game is of high standard..and we give them a right ol'e rodgering. :thumbsup

well you better be there to bend the Melbourne players over  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Demons ready to fire against Tigers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »
Demons ready to fire against Tigers

* Roger Vaughan
    * August 06, 2010

RICHMOND'S clash with Melbourne on Sunday suddenly means a lot more than a late-season fixture between two easybeats.

The Tigers and Demons were the league's two bottom teams last year, but their impressive progress in the past few weeks has made them teams to watch.

After losing their opening nine matches under new coach Damien Hardwick, Richmond has won six of its past nine.

Melbourne has won three of its past four matches and is 10th, just six points outside the top eight.

Asked yesterday if Richmond-Melbourne might be the league's next great rivalry, Hardwick replied: "It would be nice if it was - Melbourne's going to be a very, very good side ... they're starting to progress really well.

"We've gone along similar lines, with drafting through youth and starting to play those players.

"They're one of the form teams of the competition at the moment, it will be a big challenge for us."

Hardwick said the Demons had changed their game style this season, with a great focus now on kicking over handball.

"Earlier in the year, they were very much a handball-happy side," he said.

"They were No. 1 for handballs; now they're 14th over the last four to five weeks."

Hardwick said he had heard the documentary made by Ben Cousins - who will know in three weeks whether the Tigers will let him play on next year - is "very confronting".

The film is based on Cousins' personal troubles and the drug addiction that ended his time at West Coast.

"But the thing about the documentary is if one person learns one thing from it, I reckon it will be a documentary well worth doing," Hardwick said.

"It's something that at some stage we'd like to show our playing group.

"You've got to heed its message - drugs within our society, it's a very confronting thing, I have young kids myself."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demons-ready-to-fire-against-tigers/story-e6frf9jf-1225901814201

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 02:55:05 AM »
Bookies odds (luxbet):

Richmond    $ 2.50
Melbourne   $ 1.55

Line at 12.5 pts

Expert/Journo tips

H/S:   2 - 18 ............ Healy and Sheeds have tipped us

jackstar is back again

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 05:49:49 AM »
$2.55 with sportingbet.com.au

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »
Dean Bailey talking about us....

Richmond has followed a similar path to the Dees this year in showing some encouraging signs after a rough start, making this clash an intriguing one. The youthful Tigers are a difficult proposition once they get their tails up and Bailey is keen to bounce out of the blocks well at the MCG on Sunday.

“Our starts have been better in the recent month, but Richmond are a side you have to take your opportunities against and get on the front foot from the start,” he said.

“That will be the real challenge early to make sure that we’re on the front foot and we’ve got some scoreboard pressure on them.

“They can play some pretty good footy and they’ve got a really exciting forward in Riewoldt ... I think they’ve got a developing midfield that, in the next couple of years, will be one of the premier midfields.

“We’ll certainly have our work cut out for us.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/99787/default.aspx

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
Thanks for the insight Dean. The most boring and uninspiring coach in public ever!!!
Move over Eliott Goblet, here comes dull deano to bore us all to sleep.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

TigerTimeII

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »
bailey is not that bad, is not boring and quite clever

but he is wrong in one aspect , we never followed their path

WE DID NOT TANK,  we were just crap

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
Thanks for the insight Dean. The most boring and uninspiring coach in public ever!!!

Dean Bailey has done a fine job at Melbourne. Infact IMHO he has been superb for there club. If we had Bailey instead of Wallace for 5 years we'd be challenging for the flag now.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »

Dean Bailey has done a fine job at Melbourne. Infact IMHO he has been superb for there club. If we had Bailey instead of Wallace for 5 years we'd be challenging for the flag now.
Ramps, imagine if we had Jade Rawlings instead of Wallace? We'd have won the flag!

Oops better chuck in a  :lol

Ramps

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »

Ramps, imagine if we had Jade Rawlings instead of Wallace? We'd have won the flag!

Oops better chuck in a  :lol

LOL  ;D

Ox

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
Lids will kick 3 or 4.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
Lids will kick 3 or 4.
if he does, we win!

Ox

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »
and Jakmeoff needs to kick 6

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
13 degrees; bright and sunny. No sign of hail this week :nup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »
and Jakmeoff needs to kick 6
We'll go close to winning if he does. Hopefully he forgets about the Coleman as it's affected his headspace the past couple of weeks.

To win we need to contain Melbourne's run. If we allow them to get easy uncontested possies on the spread as they did in round 4 after half-time they'll murder us today. If we can apply pressure and force more contests then we have a chance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd