Author Topic: 8 Tigers to be delisted  (Read 17998 times)

gerkin greg

Re: 8 Tigers to be delisted
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
I'd also look at delisting Contin and rookie another mid project with more size and more upside if one can be found.
Harsh, he's only had a year and earnt his spot with Coburg Seniors by the end of the year

Yep it is harsh. I like him, played some good footy for the Bays before coming over, thought he would have established himself in the Burger seniors a bit quicker than he did. Just trying to think of ways to get more talent on the list and with Hislop & Miller taking two of our rookie spots  :banghead Patty was the only avenue i could come up with.

I think he'll stay on FWIW.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2010, 07:21:05 PM »
[size=200pt]Tigers cut six players[/size]

By Luke Holmesby

RICHMOND has made drastic changes to its list, cutting a further six players.

Tom Hislop, Jordan McMahon, Dean Polo, Adam Thomson and rookies Relton Roberts and Alroy Gilligan have all been axed after the Tigers finished 2010 in 15th place.

They join retiring trio Ben Cousins, Graham Polak and Troy Simmonds out the exit door at Punt Rd while Andrew Collins and Richard Tambling were traded away.

Carlton's Shaun Grigg came to the club as part of the Collins trade.

McMahon played 148 AFL games since being drafted with pick 10 by the Western Bulldogs in 2000, playing 34 of those games for the Tigers after he was traded for pick 19 in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft.

He was the only senior listed player not to play a game in Richmond's senior side in 2010.

Hislop arrived at the Tigers at the start of 2009 after he was axed by Essendon, where he played seven games. He played a further 15 for Richmond, three of which were in 2010.

Thomson also came to the Tigers via another club but he only managed four games in the yellow and black after he was traded from Port Adelaide at the end of 2008.

Polo played 56 games for Richmond after being drafted with pick 20 in 2004.

Roberts made his debut in round one this year for the Tigers after starting the season on the rookie list. He played one more game before returning home to the Northern Territory mid-season.

Gilligan didn't play a senior game for the Tigers.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »
I'd also look at delisting Contin and rookie another mid project with more size and more upside if one can be found.
Harsh, he's only had a year and earnt his spot with Coburg Seniors by the end of the year

Yep it is harsh. I like him, played some good footy for the Bays before coming over, thought he would have established himself in the Burger seniors a bit quicker than he did. Just trying to think of ways to get more talent on the list and with Hislop & Miller taking two of our rookie spots  :banghead Patty was the only avenue i could come up with.

I think he'll stay on FWIW.
Contin may or may not make it but he did play the last 7 games in the Coburg seniors and 10 games all up. He was unlucky to not play more IMO. I'd rather Contin had played more Coburg seniors that wasting time with older RFC players waiting to be delisted.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2010, 07:21:06 AM »
Club made the right choices in delistings. Now to move on

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
what is the origin of talk about Hislop being put on the rookie list?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
Contin may or may not make it but he did play the last 7 games in the Coburg seniors and 10 games all up. He was unlucky to not play more IMO. I'd rather Contin had played more Coburg seniors that wasting time with older RFC players waiting to be delisted.

Fair point MT.

Got a new marketing slogan for the Tiges:

"Richmond – Where good SANFL careers start"

the claw

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »
would have liked to see two more go. yet one cant complain 8 from the list proper and 3 rookies.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2010, 10:02:23 AM »
Miller & Hislop on the rookie list?
What a waste.

Ramps

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »
would have liked to see two more go. yet one cant complain 8 from the list proper and 3 rookies.

Hardwicks has let go 25 players in the space of 13 months claw. Its a pretty good effort in reality.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »

iirc 13 is the maximum a club can get rid of in one given yr, so 25 in 2 seasons is fantastic

so i agree with you ramps

the claw

« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »

iirc 13 is the maximum a club can get rid of in one given yr, so 25 in 2 seasons is fantastic

so i agree with you ramps
dont believe that is correct you can delist as many as you like the trouble being you end up useing lots of picks very late.

griigg houli gourdis is three delistings straight of. it still leaves 6 29 32 46 50 63 80 plus 4 rookies.