Author Topic: Sportsbet says sorry to Richmond supporters for paying out early on the spoon  (Read 1898 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Here's their "Sorry" video  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klh7MzFcDfE

and their letter....

Dear Tigers Supporter,

Sportsbet wishes to extend its deep apology to all Richmond supporters for paying out on Richmond to get the Wooden Spoon after only 4 rounds of the season. Our error of misjudgment cost us over $150,000 and we also had to payout on West Coast.

We recognise we may have offended loyal and faithful Richmond supporters, and we're sorry. We want you to know we would have had more glee doing the same thing had it been Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon.

In the spirit of our apology, and to give you a laugh, we have created a Sorry Song with video clip for Tigers supporters.

Please click here to view our sorry song [Ed. see above].

If you would like to pass a message to our marketing department, or have any questions please click here to send us an email or call 1800 155 887.

May the mighty Tiges reign supreme once again in 2011.

Yours faithfully,
Mathew Stewart
Customer Marketing Manager

Sportsbet

FNM

$150 grand wasn't much - still, suffer!  :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
They didn't suffer.

They get great publicity.
They reset what was was probably a dead market so bring in more money.
Now they suck up to to the tiger supporters knowing that there will be a great number wanting to place unrealistic bets for next year.

Cunning pricks
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Suckups... what a load of horsepoo trying to brown nose us.  They realise they stuffed up peeing off a top four club load of supporters/potential betters by ridiculing us and I hope noone stuffing patronises their services.
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

hahaha best payout to losers ever
that will teach them a huge lesson  :lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Now the comments on there are just flame wars between betting agency clowns ???

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Suckups... what a load of horsepoo trying to brown nose us.  They realise they stuffed up peeing off a top four club load of supporters/potential betters by ridiculing us and I hope noone effing patronises their services.

LOL,

Not sure how many times it needs to be explained.

#1 - They are owned by Paddy Power (an Irish listed company who are known for paying out early on result for marketing purposes)
#2 - Cant you see how much publicity they have got for the 150k? Dont you realise its a business decision. This isnt an apology, its more publicity for the payout.
#3 - They gain customer loyalty for the early payout. Clients paid early for Richmond winning spoon are now happy with the service and most are terrible punters that remain loyal.
#4 - Most of the money paid out is lost back in the form of further gambling.

This is 150k of amazing value.

It didnt cost them 150k (as the punters reinvest) and they get amazing exposure. To get the advertising they have got would cost far more than the 150k.

LOL at the australian betting public and sports folllowing public for having NFI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Suckups... what a load of horsepoo trying to brown nose us.  They realise they stuffed up peeing off a top four club load of supporters/potential betters by ridiculing us and I hope noone effing patronises their services.

LOL,

#1 - They are owned by Paddy Power (an Irish listed company who are known for paying out early on result for marketing purposes)
#2 - Cant you see how much publicity they have got for the 150k? Dont you realise its a business decision. This isnt an apology, its more publicity for the payout.
#3 - They gain customer loyalty for the early payout. Clients paid early for Richmond winning spoon are now happy with the service and most are terrible punters that remain loyal.

It didnt cost them 150k (as the punters reinvest) and they get amazing exposure. To get the advertising they have got would cost far more than the 150k.

LOL at the australian betting public and sports folllowing public for having NFI
I don't know how much clearer I have to make myself...I for one, am not buying into their rubbish.  I read your spiel before.  I believe you are probably 100% right.  I hope the rest of the tigers punters don't buy into it either and don't use em.  They were being subtle smart arses, they were using Beatles dolls in the film clip but the song was actually by the EASYBEATS.  Sorry my arse.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
Suckups... what a load of horsepoo trying to brown nose us.  They realise they stuffed up peeing off a top four club load of supporters/potential betters by ridiculing us and I hope noone effing patronises their services.

LOL,

I don't know how much clearer I have to make myself...I for one, am not buying into their rubbish.  I read your spiel before.  I believe you are probably 100% right.  I hope the rest of the tigers punters don't buy into it either and don't use em.  They were being subtle smart behinds, they were using Beatles dolls in the film clip but the song was actually by the EASYBEATS.  Sorry my behind.

"My Spiel"

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:36:13 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
It's my industry you rude idiot. I have some idea.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Sportsbet says sorry to Richmond supporters for paying out early on the spoon
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »
Why are you getting all abusive Damo?  (Here have a gambling industry medal for being in the industry and making us all out to be idiots.)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sportsbet says sorry to Richmond supporters for paying out early on the spoon
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
Why are you getting all abusive Damo?  (Here have a gambling industry medal for being in the industry and making us all out to be idiots.)

Thanks, its been a bad patch. Haven't won a medal since Under 11 indoor cricket.

Needed something, and this is just the tonic.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
A single malt with a dash of water would probably be even better.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sportsbet says sorry to Richmond supporters for paying out early on the spoo
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
Damo, can you give me odds for you and owl making up over a jw black or 10?
I deserve 6:4 but happy to take evens. :pray
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Sportsbet at it again. This time paying out early on Cox Plate to gain publicity.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/bookies-pay-early-on-cox-plate-sure-thing/story-e6frg6nf-1225940403384