Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 337912 times)

the claw

Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #825 on: August 07, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
It was just stupid, stupid, stupid

Many of our players look backwards before looking forwards.  Look at Conca for example.

They play the way they have been coached to play.  No point hating the player.
lol

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #826 on: August 08, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
If I see a player dive head first into a pack to win the ball - I say they have courage.

In the current Tigers team - there are not too many soft option takers - when it's their turn to put their head in, they do it - Houli is no exception

The only person I've seen squib (if that's the right term) is Addam Maric against North - but its the one thing/area that Hardwick appears to be getting right consistantly with the team

Gigantor

« Reply #827 on: August 08, 2012, 08:05:17 PM »
Nope still disagree .i think during most games i have seen this year bacha has been a little shy when it comes to the hard ball.As i said this is justy my opinion and hope bacha ends up proving me completely and utterly wrong

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #828 on: August 09, 2012, 03:12:41 AM »
Bach has done his fair share o squibbing.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #829 on: August 09, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »
Do you really want Houli going into the packs and handballing it out to Jackson, Edwards, Dea, Ellis, Rance etc so that they can butcher the ball?  He is playing his role.  He goes in when he needs to.  But mostly he makes position for the hand ball or short pass.  He does need to run and carry a bit more.  If we played more like Geelong, he would be a far more damaging player.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #830 on: August 09, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »
Do you really want Houli going into the packs and handballing it out to Jackson, Edwards, Dea, Ellis, Rance etc so that they can butcher the ball?  He is playing his role.  He goes in when he needs to.  But mostly he makes position for the hand ball or short pass.  He does need to run and carry a bit more.  If we played more like Geelong, he would be a far more damaging player.

I don't think that's people issues, certainly not mine. It's when the ball is in front of him and he has to go to take possession because it's either him or the opposition, that's when he squibs it because he is scared of the on coming player.

gerkin greg

« Reply #831 on: August 09, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »

I don't think that's people issues, certainly not mine. It's when the ball is in front of him and he has to go to take possession because it's either him or the opposition, that's when he squibs it because he is scared of the on coming player.

that's it
grigg is the same
they dont do it all the time but a lot more often than most and when you see rance, morris, king et al do it all the time every time, sheesh

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #832 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
FFS even Gerks can see it ::)

tony_montana

« Reply #833 on: August 09, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
well stuff him off along with Grigg then you bunch of stuffing sooks. fair dinkum

Have they improved our list?
do we have about 15-20 duds worse than them on the list that need to be cleared first?
so what exactly is the problem then u bunch of whining women?  :whistle

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #834 on: August 09, 2012, 03:38:37 PM »
stfu tony ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #835 on: August 09, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
well stuff him off along with Grigg then you bunch of stuffing sooks. fair dinkum

do we have about 15-20 duds worse than them on the list that need to be cleared first?

why are you angry?  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #836 on: August 09, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
someone has their period

(it's tony)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #837 on: August 09, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »

Correct :thumbsup

Tabouli, Grigg, Conca, Ellis are all worthy to be on the list. How well they are rated is a personal preference but lets be serious here, Grigg and Houli, have faults but are no where near these spuds

My order of most useless and should depart Punt Road ASAP.

Graham
Brown
Miller
Mcguane
Derrickx
Jackson
Webberley
Moore
Edwards (Trade while there is 2/3 round value)
Newman( seen enough as player and captain. We need a leader who leads not a hack)
Maric, seen enough don't want to see more. If his a depth player then i'm Caster Semenya

King survives a year for cover in case Nahas goes down

Post should play out the year. If the result is as i expect it to be then its curtains for him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #838 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
Unless its Andy collins

the claw

« Reply #839 on: August 10, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »
Gee that pass to j brown was cringe worthy.

In regards to houli being best 18/22. I feel he is in trouble.

You play at least 6 talks. If not 7. So that's only 15 or 16 post ions goes our highly skilled squib.
7 talls sometimes 8.
riewoldt
vickery
elton
grimes
rance
griffiths

doesnt  play forward so hes not in competition with sml/med forwards so theres another 3 spots at least gone.
king
nahas
ohanlon
 thats  a total of 10 leaves him competing for  12 spots either in the backline or in the midfield.

batchelor
conca
cotchin
deledio
ellis
foley
grigg
martin
morris
newman
tuck.
dea -  this is the only player houli is a better performer than but dea has plenty to offer and is in development.
leaves one spot so houli would be in competition with  the following players to be top 22.

arnot
helbig
jackson
moore
webberley
white.

to me houli is very much fringe best 22 and if we recruit our fair share of mids  he is not guaranteed a game any more.