Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 337924 times)

tony_montana

Re: Houli praisers
« Reply #1260 on: May 29, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »
Houli praisers have been a little quiet lately and I think I know why. They are realising, despite his run and carry, he is a panic merchant who makes fundamental mistakes in big moments of the game. Consider this the new Hampson Highlights thread as I believe we won't be seeing him again..

Round 10 2017, Dreamtime at the G'. Richmond have lost the previous three games by a total of 10 points with Richmond having the lead at some point in the last quarter of each game. Enter Houli, who only needs to take a simple chest mark in the last 5 minutes of the game after Rance saves a goal and Grigg assists him by clearing it from defence. Is that footsteps he heard?

:clapping :clapping

Does this every time when the game is hot, every time, I've been very vocal about it in recent times bc frankly as far as I'm concerned he's shown over and over again he doesn't have the poise to be a contributor in finals. If you run the tape longer you'll also see how he misjudges the flight of the pass in the centre which could've been a monumental turnover, sat there like he had cement in his boots. Last week he was running into his teammate trying to get the ball instead of shepherding bc his teammate ALREADY had the ball.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #1261 on: May 29, 2017, 11:00:15 PM »
Oh crap that's gold  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1262 on: May 29, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »
Bacha is a gun - love the way he plays.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1263 on: May 29, 2017, 11:17:43 PM »
Last week he was running into his teammate trying to get the ball instead of shepherding bc his teammate ALREADY had the ball.

Saw that and tbh I thought it was Grigg? I was watching from a mates and was pretty hammered by then though so stand to be corrected. If you know the timing of it (quarter and how long left) I can always post the clip on here :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1264 on: May 29, 2017, 11:33:19 PM »
Last week he was running into his teammate trying to get the ball instead of shepherding bc his teammate ALREADY had the ball.

Saw that and tbh I thought it was Grigg? I was watching from a mates and was pretty hammered by then though so stand to be corrected. If you know the timing of it (quarter and how long left) I can always post the clip on here :thumbsup
I'm pretty sure it was in the last quarter and Rance was who he ran into.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1265 on: May 30, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure it was in the last quarter and Rance was who he ran into.

I'll have a squiz when I get some time

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1266 on: May 30, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »
It's hilarious we still put up with these types of players.

When will we have a coach that actually wants to get rid of these types? I can't stand these poofs.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1267 on: May 30, 2017, 07:42:37 PM »
He stop shorts 'bout 7, steps, waits for cheapies from # 9
That dumb mothestuffer 'gainst Freo
shoulda just kicked it on down the the line

We've been carrying Mr.Brownpants
'cause Dimma just loves him a mindless drone
He overrates Mr. Brownpants
Because he looks good
When the opposition leaves him alone...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1268 on: June 02, 2017, 02:53:55 AM »
Bachar explains his daily routine during Ramadan:

By Darren Mara
SBS
2 Jun 2017

Bachar Houli, the Richmond Tigers midfielder, is currently observing Ramadan, which means he must abstain from food and liquids for around 12 hours each day during the holy month.

"I'm up at 4.30am. That roughly gives me an hour and a half to hydrate, to get all the fluids and the energy in the body and the system, in order to be the person I am for the rest of the day."

He says training during the winter means that staying hydrated isn't a major concern.

His diet is rather minimal, and includes some Australian classics, but there's still time for coffee which he calls "the most important part of the diet".

"A few pieces of toast with a bit of Vegemite and avocado, a bottle of water or a bottle of Hydralite, a few dates, which is great in nutrients and good for the system, and a bit of fruit," Houli said.

"So that gets me through the day."

Houli says as Ramadan progresses, his stomach begins to shrink.

He moves to eating two meals before going to bed, and the changes don't affect his performance on match day.

"I'm always going into a game about a kilo, kilo-and-a-half lighter than what I am normally," he said.

"I generally feel nice and light. In terms of energy levels, nothing changes."

Read more at: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/01/observing-ramadan-helps-afl-player-bachar-houli-excel-person

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1269 on: June 02, 2017, 11:26:27 AM »

"I generally feel nice and light. In terms of energy levels, nothing changes."

Should do it all the time then

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1270 on: June 02, 2017, 07:52:54 PM »
Bless you and your family Houli, may you live a long an prosperous life filled with virgins and whatever else you need me o'l mucker
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1271 on: June 02, 2017, 10:05:10 PM »
 :lol :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1272 on: June 04, 2017, 12:54:29 AM »
Another great game

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1273 on: June 04, 2017, 02:17:41 AM »
All of Big Tones favorites are smashing it at the moment.
Unleash the tornado

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1274 on: June 04, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »
he is a fantastic footballer to watch
Endless runner