Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 40412 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »
Can he kick goals ? and will he just play for us first year?

Haven't got the crystal ball handy but he looks pretty good. Can kick, can collect.
I see him as a type we need.

Are there any vids of him?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 08:31:31 PM »
yeah type in afl draft 2010 into youtube. There are videos on all the top prospects.

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
Daniel Gorringe if we are going for a big bloke:

Outstanding at Ground level for 198cm
Quick over the first metres
Good size already and could easily develop as a key forward
Good tapwork when he goes into the ruck
Knows how to kick a goal

If we take a midfielder then theres a variety of players- personally I like Smith and Atley

Offline elliot

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
Gorringe was most recently measured at 200cm.

I'm with Blaisee. Who ever FJ picks I'll put my full support behind. The 4 or 5 candidates are so even it's easy to make a case for or against anyone of them.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
Gaff. Has been my pick from day 1. Atley close behind. We need a quality mid its as simple as that
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
Gaff. Has been my pick from day 1. Atley close behind. We need a quality mid its as simple as that

Thing is i just watched darling and it looks like he can play attacking mid, he has teh body for it and it would relive sooooo much pressure of Jr8

the claw

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 11:51:38 PM »
whoever francis jackson thinks is our best option.
cmon blaisee that was the exact thinking when miller was in charge and before him beck dont put your head in the sand and trust to blind faith demand from our club and demand that at least common sense is used and they go thru due process and take the best available.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »

Gaff dosent have the body too lanky

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 02:04:02 AM »
cmon blaisee that was the exact thinking when miller was in charge and before him beck dont put your head in the sand and trust to blind faith demand from our club and demand that at least common sense is used and they go thru due process and take the best available.

just saying that i dont know enough to be qualified to know who I want at pick 6. FJ  and his team are qualified.

the claw

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »

just saying that i dont know enough to be qualified to know who I want at pick 6. FJ  and his team are qualified.
fair enough hers hoping they do indeed use some common sense and they are indeed qualified.

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »
This is how I rate them personally after seeing some footage

Darling reminds me of Pav and Aaron Hammill and should be seriously considered. Ready to go from day dot 190cm 94kg, has a natural instinct to hit the contest hard which i love. Could turn into a great foil in our fwd line, can play high if griffiths Reiwoldt are playing deep, and can play deep out of the square if either of those 2 are being shutdown. Also heard he had ankle surgery early in the year which has impacted his power running all year. Looks more than capable of pinch hitting in the midfield in a Pav/Goodes way. Just a very powerful unit that will impact games.

Gorringe is a freak athletically, 200cm so good ruck height and just amazingly agile. Would probably give Kruezer a run for his money in the big man agility stakes. Very impressive! Seriously consider.

Would rate Heppell first out of the midfielders, has bolted bigtime in recent months, really stood out when moved into midfield as a future capable utility. He'd slot in beautifully off our HB line and into our midfield rotation. Looks a smart solid player.

Atley, very athletic outside midfielder. From what I've seen I just don't think he has that x factor. Does everything well without being outstanding in any particular area.

I don't think we should take Gaff, in all footage I've seen he seems to like dropping back very deep for the easy ball. Also never seen him kick over a jam tin on his right foot, in AFL he won't get as much time to use his left religiously and will get exposed. Reminds me of a cross between Marc Murphy(minus the hurt factor of kicking goals) & Carrazo when he was getting cheap possies in the back half without the class to hurt. Reckon you could find his type of midfielder later in the draft.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »
Noticed Jared Polec had 17 possies up to half-time for Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL seniors Preliminary Final. Norwood had to tag him out of the game after half-time. Finished with 19 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 4 I50's and 3 behinds.  Polec has played 9 senior SANFL games this year from late July and debuted in the seniors as a 16 year old last year. Not bad all up for an 17 year old.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?player=Jared%20Polec&action=PSTATS&pID=190806951&client=1-3289-0-103282-10028567
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
Darling is a intersting one. If we took a risk with him it couLd be a be pay off.

He was talked up as pick one last year when kicking goals in wafl seniors. Aa chf

darling, griffiths, riewoldt, taylor would be good balance forward line.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »
I don't think we should be taking chances with Pick 6
Best available please

tony_montana

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
Darling is a intersting one. If we took a risk with him it couLd be a be pay off.

He was talked up as pick one last year when kicking goals in wafl seniors. Aa chf

darling, griffiths, riewoldt, taylor would be good balance forward line.

I honestly don't think its a risk. He will be an AFL player and pretty damn good one too. Recruiters are just worried that his perceived 'upside' is not as great as others likely to go around the mark - ie Daniel Rich last draft.

For mine he's not a risk, if due diligence is done on his ankle(and the reason for his apparent slowing down this season), his recent head injury and his psychological strengths/weaknesses I'd be very happy to pick him up. Would give our fwd line an added dimension we don't have, ie an enforcer bc this kid is a unit that loves to hit the contest hard.