Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 41366 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
Emma Quayle late last night o twitter said Brisbane may be selecting Polec: "Oh, Brisbane Lions, Please tell me you're not going to stuff up all my plans and pick Jared Polec................"

Nugget said "if that's the case I reckon Heppel will be a Tiger! I'm a gippy boy and a few old team mates have said the Tiges spoke to dyson after draft camp a couple times!"

She's mentioned two days ago she thought it may be out of Polec, Tape and Conca. Not sure if this now means she thinks Conca at 6 now or Heppell is back in the mix because she originally thought Heppell would be gone by our pick 6. I've been told we've settled on who we are going to pick.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2010, 12:26:59 PM »
Be stunned if Heppell was around at pick 6, he is an absolute gun footballer.
Will start of round one at half back and eventually move into the middle.

A midfield of Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Foley & Heppell would be horrendous for the opposition to match up on !!
Throw in workmanlike players such as Grigg, Houli, Jackson, Edwards and we have some rotations

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
What does Emma Quayle do?

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
What does Emma Quayle do?

Watch young AFL talent and report in The Age.

Actually I should simply say, watch young AFL talent and write about it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »
Rumour doing the rounds is Brisbane's docs must not have liked Heppell's groins and so they'll go for Polec instead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »
Rumour doing the rounds is Brisbane's docs must not have liked Heppell's groins and so they'll go for Polec instead.

Dodgy groin?

He'd fit right in with Fev and Browny.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2010, 02:39:10 PM »

a real concern if its true imho and we pick him.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »
did Heppell did not get 40 odd touches and win the game by him self in his 2nd last game? good effort if he was carrying a injury

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
did Heppell did not get 40 odd touches and win the game by him self in his 2nd last game? good effort if he was carrying a injury
Yep Heppell got 42 possies in a final against Oakleigh Chargers.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Dyson%20Heppell&action=PSTATS&pID=189123923&client=1-3020-0-102897-8056772

I guess the next question if this is true is when did he sustain a groin injury?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »
I'm not saying Heppell won't be a good player but I feel we need another genuine midfielders rather than a half-back/rebounder. Someone who plays both inside and outside.

Heppell is a midfielder! he played HBF due to a loss of fitness and no pre-season as a result of shin splints. Played all midfield as an under 16 in the champs and once his fitness allowed he moved back there this season. He can play centre square and win his own ball and is out standing at delivering it inside 50.

He played on ball in his best game of the TAC cup season where he got 37 possessions and something like 15 clearances to drag the power over the line after being down by 30 points at half time.

His kicking is elite, his Gippy Power coach told his team mates to look for him so that he could distribute the ball that's how highly his decision making and disposal is rated.

Allison said a fair bit of attention would be paid to Heppell in the lead-up to next week's grand final. "He's got balance, he's got poise, he's got very good decision-making skills on both sides of his body. He's in and under and then next thing you know he's on the outside giving a handball receive," Allison said.

Gippsland coach Damian Carroll said Heppell deserved plenty of accolades after an outstanding season. "He's [Heppell] a super player and also very good over head as well … he sets up a lot of play going forward for us," he said.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/heppell-shaping-as-high-draft-pick-20100911-15633.html

Ta elliot and infamy.

tony_montana

« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »
can't go wrong either way - from the vision I've seen, Heppell has impressed me the most of all the midfielders bar Swallow. Polec's got serious game too either way win win, prefer either to Gaff/Atley

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
Dyson Heppell
Will he be more than a half back flank?...

Shaun Atley
Kicking is not good enough... doesn’t get enough of it and is too reactive to the play... overrated because he plays a ‘sexy style’

Josh Caddy
U18 bash and crash bully that will get found out at AFL... will be injury prone with his style

Andrew Gaff
Doesn’t hurt the opposition enough...vanilla... is he closer to his peak than the others...

Jared Polec
Drifts in and out of games... prone to getting tagged out of it...

Harley Bennell
Drifts in and out of games... Doesn’t work hard enough... Can’t handle a tag...

Daniel Gorringe
Very raw... struggled at SANFL... plays like a small man around the ground (doesn’t take enough marks)

Sam Day
Very overrated based on what he’s actually done... baseball is said to be his sport of choice...

Tom Lynch
Tested VERY SLOW off the mark... Bound to experience growing pains...

Jack Darling
A bit short for a key position prospect and not explosive off the mark nor that good below knees .. has off-field baggage already... was he a man amongst boys?..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »
Richmond still need key position players and pick 6 will be crucial for the Tigers fans as they don't have another pick until 30. Expect them to plonk for the best available tall talent.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-display/2010-afl-draft-preview-102301

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »
Richmond still need key position players and pick 6 will be crucial for the Tigers fans as they don't have another pick until 30. Expect them to plonk for the best available tall talent.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-display/2010-afl-draft-preview-102301

Will be very suprised if we go tall with pick six think we have our eye on outside midfielders already mentioned (polec, heppel, conca). Would not be suprised however if with our next pick we do take the best available tall like a Luke Mitchell.

the claw

« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
Be stunned if Heppell was around at pick 6, he is an absolute gun footballer.
Will start of round one at half back and eventually move into the middle.

A midfield of Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Foley & Heppell would be horrendous for the opposition to match up on !!
Throw in workmanlike players such as Grigg, Houli, Jackson, Edwards and we have some rotations
i still reckon theres a chance gc will take heppell at 3. if that happens bennell will probably go to wce.

seems to me in the mix at 6 will be gaff, caddy, gorringe, tape, atley.

at 30 its likely mids michie  cripps smedts farmer newton hallahan fasolo parker green newton jacobs and prestia will be available give or take 6 or 7 picks either side of 30. talls  mitchell cook chalwel watson would like to add mccarthy but think it unlikely he will be there.