Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 41403 times)

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Kieran Harper looks like he can play.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2010, 05:08:13 AM »
According to today's Adelaide Advertiser.....

Essendon has upset the running order for next month's AFL national draft by yesterday making a major sales pitch to Norwood ruckman Daniel Gorringe rather than a midfielder.

Bombers first pick is at 8.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »
Kevin 'Shifter' Sheehan rates this draft up there with 2001 according to Trade Week radio. Still plenty of good kids will be available in the 2nd round (40s/50s) of the draft.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
According to today's Adelaide Advertiser.....

Essendon has upset the running order for next month's AFL national draft by yesterday making a major sales pitch to Norwood ruckman Daniel Gorringe rather than a midfielder.

Bombers first pick is at 8.

Are the bombers maybe looking to trade Ryder or another tall? They have plenty of them, most of them no good though.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
Are the bombers maybe looking to trade Ryder or another tall? They have plenty of them, most of them no good though.
There were whispers about Essendon trading Hooker but that's gone quiet today. Maybe they want to push Ryder forward given Neagle is a spud and Gumby injury prone. Allow Hille and Gorringe to ruck if they get Gorringe. I would've thought though that GC will grab him with either picks 5 or 7. Hell we could even select him if FJ thinks he is best available at our pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2010, 03:51:19 AM »
Another DeepThroat post from BF.....

One thing is for sure Brisbane has thrown a spanner in the works with getting pick 5, Heppel looks like there target, Josh caddy looks like he has impressed our recruiters at the combine and looks very likely to be picked up by us if heppel is gone.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19309203&postcount=512

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
Is it "set in stone?"

Swallow, Brennell, Day - CG

Pick 4 - Gaff?

Pick 5, Brisbane - ?

Pick 6, Richmond ???

Who are we wanting?

this is tough, because there is nothing "set in stone" after Pick 3!

:gotigers

Must get a great skilled, tough, quick, built, hard-running Midfielder!

:gotigers

Con65

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
Any chance Gaff will be there at pick 6?

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2010, 06:44:13 PM »

Would have to think it is unlikely especially after the combine where he displayed elite speed and endurance. Think Heppel or Caddy are looking more likely now would prefer Heppel as an outside midfielder/ Half bank flanker hopefully releasing lids into the midfield or on the wing.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

Would have to think it is unlikely especially after the combine where he displayed elite speed and endurance. Think Heppel or Caddy are looking more likely now would prefer Heppel as an outside midfielder/ Half bank flanker hopefully releasing lids into the midfield or on the wing.

I have to be honest here - I don't want Lids in the midfield or wing.  I reckon he is making a cracking go of half back and is fast approaching Luke Hodge status - give me that all day.

tony_montana

« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »

I have to be honest here - I don't want Lids in the midfield or wing.  I reckon he is making a cracking go of half back and is fast approaching Luke Hodge status - give me that all day.

spot on, is in the best 20-30 players in the comp on form in 2010... and he'll be even better next season with the side expected to be more competitive as well as being allowed to play in the same position for the 2nd year running  :o

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »

spot on, is in the best 20-30 players in the comp on form in 2010... and he'll be even better next season with the side expected to be more competitive as well as being allowed to play in the same position for the 2nd year running  :o

I certainly see your point but i still believe his best value to the team would be as a goal kicking midfielder who can float forward or back. Lids certainly had his best season this year playing across the back line no doubt, but for us going forward we need his class through the midfield. The Luke Hodge and Brendan Goddard comparisons are intersting but where did these guys play this year... in the midfield. Guys like this (and lids) struggled with tags in the midfield as youngsters so were moved back to free them up (maybe not so much in Hodge's case), but ultimately the team saw their greatest value as midfielders. I also feel that teams are going to become more adept at nullifying the impact or these attacking backmen. Not saying lids is goddard or hodge, and i do feel safer with him patrolling the backline, but to become elite i want him winning matches and kicking goals :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
Poster tigs2010 on BF is claiming we will take a Vic midfielder at pick 6 and that it won't be Atley, Heppell or Gaff even if available. Day would be taken if available but no chance whatsoever.

This is at odds to all the rumours saying Francis Jackson is keen on Heppell.

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »
If this is the case i could only guess Caddy???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »
If this is the case i could only guess Caddy???
Caddy seems the obvious one but the same BF poster is suggesting Kieran Harper and Jayden Pitt also fit the criteria. Hard to see either of those two going top 6 though  ???.