Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 41399 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
It'll be Heppell if available no doubt, but he will be gone so Caddy or Harper is my guess. Harper if it supposed to be a "surprise" selection. I think he's the smokey.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »
Harpers video looks impressive I must say.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

Kieran Harper looks amazing

Great tackel
Direct Kick of the footy
Stong mark
and great skills
PICK NUMER 6 ! PICK NUMER 6 ! PICK NUMER 6 !  :thumbsup :gotigers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2010, 10:00:28 PM »

Great tackel
Direct Kick of the footy
Stong mark
and great skills

rihmond supporter to, so that won't do his chances any harm at all :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2010, 10:28:49 PM »

Great tackel
Direct Kick of the footy
Stong mark
and great skills

rihmond supporter to, so that won't do his chances any harm at all :shh

How do u know that?

Bet he preformed well  in front of Dimma and crew :thumbsup

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »
mentions he is a tiger supporter here champ

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102180/default.aspx

that highlight tape against wa is massively impressive. I have read that consistency is his major query, but outside mids/forwards can struggle at times. Lot of upside though, nice height, smart and skillful. Would not be upset if ends up at pick six, Jayden Pitt would be a stretch surely...
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »
Harper dominated last year as an underaged kid in the U18s but he had hip surgury prior to this year so was never 100% fit

TigerTimeII

« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »
i like this harper kid

he is like a much better version of andy collins

gerkin greg

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
Massive, massive upgrade on Collo & White
I'd be very happy with him

TigerTimeII

« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »
Massive, massive upgrade on Collo & White
I'd be very happy with him

maybe thats why they gave up collins when the blues asked about him, as they know they will pick up a better kid who can play his role

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »
Emma Quayle's initial views on this year's National draft.....

Will Sam day go to the Gold coast at pick 1,2,3? Is there any truth to the rumour of him not being prepared to go to any clubs that are not in South Australia or Victoria?

Gold Coast will pick David Swallow, Harley Bennell and Day with the first three picks.

Where do you think Polec and Smith will go?

Polec would be in the mix for West Coast and for Brisbane. I think both are a big chance. If that doesn’t happen, I can’t see him falling outside the top 10 at this stage. Smith will be in the mix for a few of the top 10 clubs too (Brisbane, Richmond, Essendon) but when you throw Dyson Heppell, Shaun Atley, Josh Caddy and Prestia in, there are plenty of midfielders for them to choose from. A couple have to fall outside the 10. But once again….. I need more time! Get back to me a couple weeks out from the draft. Now that trade week is ending, the recruiters will all start doing more work on their draft lists.

The Slider v The Bolter - Regarding Jack Darling, do you feel his height will restrict him holding down a key position and where she feels he may be drafted, and who might be interested?
Jayden Pitt could be the bolter this year as an underdeveloped player with a big upside ala JMP last year. What are her thoughts on him and could he become a top 10 proposition post Draft Camp?

I don’t think top 10 for Jayden – maybe top 20. He is a very smart and instinctive player though, not unlike Fyfe in that way. A natural.
Re Jack, it’s so hard to pick at this stage. Maybe Eagles would look at him, same with Brisbane, but I’m not convinced of either. Speaking to him at the draft camp, he was adamant that he could play midfield and seemed frustrated that he had been pigeon holed as an undersized key forward. That said, there are some offfield issues that concern people about Jack, and I’m sure he would have been grilled about them at the draft camp. He is obviously recovering from a head injury too – clubs would be going right through that information and making sure he’s going to make a full recovery before deciding whether to go for him or not.

How do you view the strength of this draft compared to 2008, both in terms of the elite talents and also the depth of the first 30-40 picks? How much has the Gold Coast's priority access to the nations under 18s before this year affected the quality of this draft?

I think he depth is fine, it’s easy to come up with 50 names that seem draftable, which is a good sign. I think the top three are standouts and then it evens out, but there are at least 20 names I’m convinced will play good senior footy, barring mishap. If the 17-year-olds that the Gold Coast signed were in this draft pool, it would be the best one I can remember, and I’m not exaggerating. Guys like Josh Toy, Maverick Weller, Luke Russell, Trent McKenzie and Brandon Matera would all be genuinely pushing for top 10 spots.

Who is the Biggest Smokey? Who has the Biggest Upside? Who is the Most Risky Prospect?

I think it’s fair to put Darling in the risky category. He may have gone top 3 had he been old enough for the draft last year, but clubs will be weighing up all those factors I mentioned above. He can absolutely play, though. I need a bit more think time on the smokey/upside – although Joel Wilkinson did extremely well in almost every test at the draft camp and, on top of all that, is a brilliant kid. Has only started playing footy in the last two years, captained Queensland this year and is studying to be an orthopedic surgeon (he considered neurosurgery!). During the national championships he didn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar, but I hope he gets an opportunity, even as a rookie.

Which players attitude to and preparation for football impresses you most from reports?

There were so many good kids at the draft camp. All so talkative. The only quiet one was Harley. I found Shaun Atley to be really impressive. Smart, level headed, independent. Dyson Heppell is very similar. Mitch Wallis will follow in his dad’s footsteps and captain the Doggies one day. But as I said, I did 15 interviews up there and all the boys were fantastic

In what order do you rate these midfielders in terms of potential and which ones are you the biggest fan of? Gaff, Atley, Smith, Polec, Caddy?

I like Atley, Polec, Gaff, Smith Caddy. But there is only a smidgeon between them – I really, really like all of them! As I mentioned, heaps of good midfielders in this draft!

Around where do you think Heppell will go in the draft?

Maybe Brisbane. If not, I think he will be gone inside 10 or just out.

Q. Who do you think will be available out of the gun mids at Essendon's first pick and who she thinks they’ll go for?

I think Polec will be gone, to either West Coast, Brisbane or Richmond. Gaff will probably be gone, and same with Heppell, but there’s a chance they will be there. I like Atley for the Bombers, or Prestia. But any one of those other boys could be there. They will have a choice, I can say that for sure. Get back to me closer to the draft!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19312383&postcount=1

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
i like this harper kid

Yeah, watching that highlights package he reminded me of Collins to.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
i like this harper kid

Yeah, watching that highlights package he reminded me of Collins to.

yep but a more polished version

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
Don't forget to choose a kid with a lot of heart unlike some others we picked up cough tambling cough  :rollin

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »
Highlights package of Harper does look good but i remember looking at highlights of Oakley-Nicholls and they were impressive as well. From what i have heard i would rather take one of the genuine midfielders (Heppell, Caddy, Polec, Gaff) than take a chance on a kid like Harper. If he was somehow available for our second pick i would snap him up but i guess the chances of that are very little.