Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 181293 times)

tony_montana

Re: Shaun Grigg to Richmond? [merged]
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2010, 01:14:40 PM »
Bloody Carlton..

All the Carlton people I know have said that they overate Grigg and will want something decent for him ie 2nd round pick. They reckon he's good enough to be kept and play in there next flag.

If we can get him for a 3rd rounder or Thursty trade thats a win for us.

they can keep him then, as a long term supporter who has seen us pay overs for hacks time and time again, I will not tolerate us paying overs for borderline 22 players like grigg and houli.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
Carlton are kidding themselves!

:banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
Carlton's Shaun Grigg is also on Tigers' radar, and a figure of $1 million over three years has been suggested.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/stanton-commits-to-bombers/story-e6frf9jf-1225934478612

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
I hope that and Bachers contract numbers are wrong
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
$300k per year isn't actually that much for a starting 22 AFL player these days
Average salary for an AFL player other than 1st & 2nd year players on fixed contracts is around $240k per year and increasing every year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »
Trade Talk Radio is claiming tonight that Grigg is favoured to end up at the Gold Coast.

Also Carlton believe they will get good picks in return for the players they are likely to trade out.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »
Blody GC, they should play finals in their first year the way they are going. :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
Trade Talk Radio is claiming tonight that Grigg is favoured to end up at the Gold Coast.

Also Carlton believe they will get good picks in return for the players they are likely to trade out.

Will be a great result for the Tigers if true  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2010, 03:18:46 AM »
Shaun Grigg (Carlton): Out of the Blues and has the Tigers and Suns hot on his trail.

Carlton is trying to talk Shaun Grigg out of leaving to join Richmond.

Herald-Sun link 1
Herald-Sun link 2

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2010, 11:52:01 AM »
Carlton are notoriously difficult to deal with and this year they have stepped it up even further. Given that we have made an offer to Essendon for Houli perhaps it would be easier to let Grigg slip through to the PSD. Pick 14 is rediculous :o :banghead

Stripes

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
Carlton are trying very very very hard to keep Grigg.

Have offered him more game time, a future pay rise and specific development coaching during the pre season.

The boy is keen to be a Tiger.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"Grigg 100% committed to joining Richmond": manager
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2010, 12:57:27 PM »
Blues' Grigg '100 per cent committed' to Tigers
By Ben Broad
12:29 PM Wed 06 Oct, 2010

SHAUN Grigg's manager says the Carlton midfielder is "100 per cent committed" to joining Richmond.

Last week Grigg informed Blues powerbrokers that he wanted a fresh start elsewhere but the club hopes to convince the 22-year-old to change his mind when he returns from holidays in the coming days.

However Grigg's manager, Alex McDonald from Stride Sports Management, said the Blues faced an uphill battle.

"When we sat down and told the club last week, that was his intention [to be traded]," McDonald told afl.com.au.

"He spoke to both the coach (Brett Ratten) and to Steven Icke last week and told them that he wanted to go to Richmond.

"Unless Shaun advises me otherwise, nothing's changed. At this stage he's 100 per cent committed to Richmond."

The Tigers started negotiations on a deal during Tuesday's opening of trade week.

Carlton officials were silent on Grigg when leaving Etihad Stadium although they haven't given up all hope of retaining him and fellow out-of-contract Blue Sam Jacobs beyond this year.

The Blues will hope to speak with Grigg one last time in the coming days when he returns from a holiday in Thailand.

While a beefier contract is one thing, it's believed a promise of more game time is among Grigg's demands.

In a season affected by injury he played just eight matches but averaged more than 21 disposals playing alongside Chris Judd, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs and Kade Simpson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103798/default.aspx

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2010, 01:17:45 PM »
I like the boy.

Can play and is keen to be a Tiger. Will compensate our mids perfectly. Will be a more skilful Shane Tuck and could play 150 games. I also love that it's out in the open that he 100% wants to be a Tiger so no other clubs will come after him and his new club can hold all the cards.
Go Tigers!

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2010, 01:34:11 PM »
Poor old Jordy 100% wanted to be a Tiger too.  :-\

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
hopefully he doesnt fall for the if you stay we'll(carlton) give you more game time.