Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 178735 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Shaun Grigg to Richmond? [merged]
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 07:37:42 PM »
No from me.

Tambling is maligned at Richmond.

Grigg is struggling to get games at Carlton.

Of course if we are trying of offload we will overestimate the value as would Carlton with Grigg and therein

lies the problem with me that we will pay overs for him.

IMHO opinion I think we should trade our own players for picks in the draft as to me the draft right now

seems the best bet for the rebuild.

I think that possibly next seasons draft or the draft in two years time is when we could possibly look at

trading for a recycled player after we may have addressed our needs by using the draft between 2008-2011,

much in the same guise as Port used Mahoney , Sydney traded for Ted Richards, Hawthorn picked  Dew, and

the Saints have picked up Ray, King, Gardiner, Schneider and the other Sydney prem player who is escaping

me right now. :help

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
Picks will be like gold i this draft so every club will be happy to trade out players hoping to claim early selections. The problem is is that no one wants to give picks up so player for player trades may be the choice of the day come trade week.

the claw

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 08:29:49 PM »
THIS IS THE TYPE OF TRADE THAT RFC HAS DONE THAT HAS COST THE CLUB ALOT OF GOODWILL FROM SUPPORTERS. WE DONT NEED GRIGG. LOOKS LIKE SHORT CUTS ARE BACK. WHAT A SHAME!
actually hes  exactly the type we need. and those talking about his kicking i disagree. hes one sided but  good on his natural foot.  leaves a lot to be desired on the other. lovely size 190cm  hard running mid/hbf and will have a go. was a very promising junior  and i reckon a big upgrade on many players we have.
hes had 4 yrs and this is the down side. you would expect him to have established himself by the end of yr 4 well i reckon he was decent the back half of this yr.but hes not established. has complained about lack of opportunity and has had injury.

what do you give up for grigg is the only question that needs answering. hes out of contract so we are in the box seat theres no way i would be offering up a first or second rnd pick for him. in fact with houli likely to stay at ess and sherman likely to go to wb lets take him in the psd.
with thursfield wanting out perhaps we could do a deal there where we do a player for player and we get a pick as well.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »
THIS IS THE TYPE OF TRADE THAT RFC HAS DONE THAT HAS COST THE CLUB ALOT OF GOODWILL FROM SUPPORTERS. WE DONT NEED GRIGG. LOOKS LIKE SHORT CUTS ARE BACK. WHAT A SHAME!
actually hes  exactly the type we need. and those talking about his kicking i disagree. hes one sided but  good on his natural foot.  leaves a lot to be desired on the other. lovely size 190cm  hard running mid/hbf and will have a go. was a very promising junior  and i reckon a big upgrade on many players we have.
hes had 4 yrs and this is the down side. you would expect him to have established himself by the end of yr 4 well i reckon he was decent the back half of this yr.but hes not established. has complained about lack of opportunity and has had injury.

what do you give up for grigg is the only question that needs answering. hes out of contract so we are in the box seat theres no way i would be offering up a first or second rnd pick for him. in fact with houli likely to stay at ess and sherman likely to go to wb lets take him in the psd.
with thursfield wanting out perhaps we could do a deal there where we do a player for player and we get a pick as well.

No thanks  8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers keen on Grigg (RFC site)
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »
Tigers keen on Grigg
richmondfc.com.au
By Ben Broad
8:10 PM Fri 01 Oct, 2010

RICHMOND hopes to add Shaun Grigg to its line-up during next week's official trade period after the Blue announced he wanted out of Visy Park.

However, despite rival clubs hovering as trade talks heated up in Canberra during the final days of the NAB AFL Draft Combine, Carlton is still trying to convince Grigg to change his mind and remain in the navy blue.

Grigg rang Blues football manager Steven Icke on Thursday to tell him of his desire to be traded, with the club later issuing a statement on its website confirming the 22-year-old's decision.

But 24 hours later Carlton hadn't given up hope of retaining Grigg.

Should the former North Ballarat junior go through with his plan to leave Brett Ratten's side, the Tigers are waiting to strike a deal.

"We've had a chat to Shaun," Richmond recruiting manager Francis Jackson told afl.com.au.

"We think he's got lots of exciting traits and perhaps hasn't played the best he possibly could have, for one reason or another, over the past 12 months."

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick is overseeing almost a complete rebuild of his club's list, and while certain players in trade week won't fit Richmond's criteria, Grigg does.

"He's still young enough," Jackson said.

"He's the 2006 draft, same as Jack Riewoldt, so he's 21, 22. He fits in that age bracket of kids coming through."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/103581/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers offer Grigg a 3-year contract (Australian)
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 02:48:08 AM »
The Tigers' next rebuilding phase will almost certainly include the departures of defender Will Thursfield and midfielder Richard Tambling, as well as the inclusions of disgruntled Essendon midfielder Bachar Houli and Carlton midfielder Shaun Grigg who, like Houli, is out of contract, and wanting more opportunities to play senior football.

Grigg, 22, has informed Richmond it is his club of choice after thumbing his nose at an attempt this week by the Blues to persuade him to stay. The Tigers will offer him a three-year contract.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/rebuilding-of-richmond-enters-next-phase-under-coach-damian-hardwick/story-e6frg7mf-1225933015173

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2010, 06:33:04 AM »
Hilton, King, Hislop, Thomson, Grigg, Houli the tradition continues......
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 09:50:37 AM »
I read today that Essendon is willing to play hardball with Houli and let him go through to the PSD if necessary. With Grigg also out of contract he could also be taken in the PSD. The problem here though is that other clubs could take one of them before our first pick in the PSD and would certainly take the other if he rolled the dice and hoped to pick them up with our second choice int he PSD. So we would definitely need to do some type of deal with at least one of the clubs and maybe play funny buggers with the others contract (ie heavily front ending it) to put off the other bidding clubs.

Obviously WC does, but do GC have multiple picks before us in the PSD like they do in the Rookie draft?

What all this does say to me is that we are becoming a much more attractive proposition for opposition players wishing to move clubs. THis bodes well for when Free Trading comes in and we are, hopefully, further along the rebuilding track.  :cheers

Stripes

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »
Hilton, King, Hislop, Thomson, Grigg, Houli the tradition continues......

WHY is King in that list he is a great little foward and wil be with the club for much longer than you would think ... he has proved him self many times this season  :gotigers

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »
King was terrific this year.  Some never get a break because they were not instant stars.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »
King was terrific this year.  Some never get a break because they were not instant stars.

Clinton, agreed that Jake did well this year - Jake wasn't a recycled player from another club which is the other bit of criteria....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
Many have been incredibly harsh on Grigg.

He's a tall solid bodied midfielder, with Foley, Cotchin and Martin we don't have much height in the midfield. Grigg fits in nicely for mine he wont be a Brownlow Medal favourite but he compliments our midfield really well. Is young has shown has high potential.

I rate Will highly but a Grigg/Thurstfield straight swap would be a win for us IMO.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »
Whats Grigg like overhead?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »
Whats Grigg like overhead?

Pretty good, he has height a big engine and decent football skills with a big body. He plays like a raw 21/22 yr old Joel Corey.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
He can come but for 2 years not 3.