Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 181815 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
Needs to lay a few tackles

I know he's an outside player, the bloke on the outside who's the the teams go to designated kicker but.....

But struth yet again on the weekend a couple of times when he was right at the contest he just stood there and refused to tackle and waited for a team mate to sprint in to attempt to tackle. Sometimes despite what he's clearly been programmed to do he has to make a contest, take the hit and bloody tackle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »
strewth, he had like 34 possies, perhaps turn the blowtorch elsewhere wp, like the forward line follies that had us kick 23 points :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
i blame the forward line coach for that Bo

another melbourne reject CC special

FFS  :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
strewth, he had like 34 possies, perhaps turn the blowtorch elsewhere wp, like the forward line follies that had us kick 23 points :lol

Well seeing he missed an easy shot 10 metres out maybe I can blowtorch him for that. He was part of that fwd line follies

Well aware he had 34 possessions but that doesn't excuse the fact he refuses at times to attack the ball and tackle.

People whack Houli for it, 34 touches doesn't make you exempt from coping a whack for not putting your body on the line
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #349 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:26 PM »
Brilliant trade. Absolutely brilliant. :bow
we are in front for now but i reckon collins will still be a good footballer.
i still laugh at the clubs appraisal of grigg being an inside ball winner. hes always been an outside tall running wingman.
agree with wp it would be good if we actually worked on players deficiencies and at least tried to get grigg to tackle and put his head over the ball a bit round his game  out a bit.
finally i dont think him a good kick especially at goal he has areas he could improve a fair bit.

gerkin greg

« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
i still laugh at the clubs appraisal of grigg being an inside ball winner. hes always been an outside tall running wingman.
agree with wp it would be good if we actually worked on players deficiencies and at least tried to get grigg to tackle and put his head over the ball a bit round his game  out a bit.
finally i dont think him a good kick especially at goal he has areas he could improve a fair bit.

thing about collins is he is almost 24, still a fringe player, still only 80kgs ringing wet, still has no tank, and lacks pace
classic glass half full type
all the best to him though cause i think he can play a bit

the claw

« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2012, 02:04:46 PM »

thing about collins is he is almost 24, still a fringe player, still only 80kgs ringing wet, still has no tank, and lacks pace

is a fringe player still mainly due to injury.his first two preseasons were spent overcoming op. got about 10 games in 09 and got a bit of ball averaging about 20 possesions a game.
in 2010 managed 15 games and kicked 15 goals. then traded to carlton where a shoulder injury ruined most of his yr.
he  is every yr getting to the required weight and size. now weighs 83kg  on a par with grigg even though hes shorter. the weight issue for him remains because of the way he plays. his weight  was always going to take time.
tank is building and will continue to build. pace while not super quick he is not slow he makes up for this with good smarts and knowing where to go.

was happy to get grigg and still am  but would have liked to have kept collins. who knows he may slide away into oblivion or he could carve out a good carrer with a decent run at it.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2012, 03:10:14 PM »
Grigg will still be playing AFL football in 3 years time, Collins won't.....Fact

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #353 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »

is a fringe player still mainly due to injury.his first two preseasons were spent overcoming op. got about 10 games in 09 and got a bit of ball averaging about 20 possesions a game.
in 2010 managed 15 games and kicked 15 goals. then traded to carlton where a shoulder injury ruined most of his yr.
he  is every yr getting to the required weight and size. now weighs 83kg  on a par with grigg even though hes shorter. the weight issue for him remains because of the way he plays. his weight  was always going to take time.
tank is building and will continue to build. pace while not super quick he is not slow he makes up for this with good smarts and knowing where to go.

was happy to get grigg and still am  but would have liked to have kept collins. who knows he may slide away into oblivion or he could carve out a good carrer with a decent run at it.

Good god. Of the all the blokes to back in...Collins.

dwaino

« Reply #354 on: July 09, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

Good god. Of the all the blokes to back in...Collins.

Pretty sure if someone posted an image of a blue pen, Craw would argue (in Swahili) that it was red.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Collins is a patchy footballer. Worse by foot than Grigg (and Edwards).

Your typical glass half full type. ;)

We are miles ahead on this trade.

the claw

« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
Grigg will still be playing AFL football in 3 years time, Collins won't.....Fact
thats a petty adamant opinion it could well be right it could well be wrong. if  collins is delisted in 3 yrs time then it will become fact.

until then all  opinions are like arseholes we all have em some are different to others.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »
Collins will be delisted at the end of this season....part of the fallout from the scum not making the finals ;) and you mascarade as a football expert :lol :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »

He can play inside and play it well. Some ppl may recall his best patch of games for Carlton were when he played as an inside mid for 10-15 games.

As for the we are in front for now comment, give me a break, Collins won't be a league footballer at the conclusion of his current contract.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »

He can play inside and play it well. Some ppl may recall his best patch of games for Carlton were when he played as an inside mid for 10-15 games.

As for the we are in front for now comment, give me a break, Collins won't be a league footballer at the conclusion of his current contract.

Snap :bow