Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 199167 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #600 on: May 25, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
Was tagging Callan Ward.
Dimma will praise his efforts........
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #601 on: May 25, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
Though ward was good  :whistle

tony_montana

« Reply #602 on: May 25, 2014, 11:20:20 AM »
Credit where its due, he kept ward to 19 possessions and did the job that was asked of him. He also kept Joel Selwood to about 5 touches in the first half when we played the cats. He's been asked to do a completely different role the past several weeks and is responding. I know we all have our whipping boys and for good reason he's been one for a while now, but im glad theyre finally trying something different with him and he's responding positively. Id rather 15-20 possessions, 4-5 tackles and a reasonable shutdown on a quality opponent than 25 possessions of pure rubbish coupled with 0 tackels and 0 defensive runs

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: May 25, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »
Credit where its due, he kept ward to 19 possessions and did the job that was asked of him. He also kept Joel Selwood to about 5 touches in the first half when we played the cats. He's been asked to do a completely different role the past several weeks and is responding. I know we all have our whipping boys and for good reason he's been one for a while now, but im glad theyre finally trying something different with him and he's responding positively. Id rather 15-20 possessions, 4-5 tackles and a reasonable shutdown on a quality opponent than 25 possessions of pure rubbish coupled with 0 tackels and 0 defensive runs
Spot on. I was trying to work out yesterday how he does such an effective job. He just stands in front of the bloke like a big dopey bastard and the guy can't get past him.  :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #604 on: May 25, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
 :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #605 on: May 25, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »
14 unassuming touches instead of 25 ordinary ones. I'll take the former.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
I thought Lids had some time on Selwood but he was solid enough yesterday. Jobe would be an interesting test.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
I thought Lids had some time on Selwood but he was solid enough yesterday. Jobe would be an interesting test.

just simply wipe Jobe out in the first few minutes & the job is done  ;D more of the Biff  :gotigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #608 on: May 25, 2014, 01:21:56 PM »
14 unassuming touches instead of 25 ordinary ones. I'll take the former.

Yep

Did a good job on Ward
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #609 on: May 25, 2014, 06:23:12 PM »

Yeah he did, 1st half was grigg, 3rd qtr Lids  and final qtr Jackson.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: May 31, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »
Why he still gets a game is beyond comprehension. Yes he ran with Heppel, but why does he run past the ball or run past an opposition player with the ball when he has every chance to make a tackle or intercept possession? The answer is he is only concerned about himself and not the team as after the game he can say, gee, I played well holding Heppell to 21 touches today, played my role, what were you guys doing. Shocking player who will never change. 

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #611 on: May 31, 2014, 10:55:26 PM »
No comment......
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #612 on: May 31, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »
Is it a seagull.
Is it a sheep.
Is it a cockroach.

No it's Shaun Grigg.

Give him a game and keep Lids happy.

FFS. :help

The Skata Cycle. 32 Years and still counting. Plop Plop Plop.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #613 on: May 31, 2014, 11:08:49 PM »
Seriously dont care if he is doing a tagging job. I just cant bare to watch him hang around packs anymore.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #614 on: May 31, 2014, 11:17:17 PM »
Why he still gets a game is beyond comprehension. Yes he ran with Heppel, but why does he run past the ball or run past an opposition player with the ball when he has every chance to make a tackle or intercept possession? The answer is he is only concerned about himself and not the team as after the game he can say, gee, I played well holding Heppell to 21 touches today, played my role, what were you guys doing. Shocking player who will never change.
I'm no Grigg fan but not the week to point the finger at him. In a game where 3/4ers of the team weren't accountable to their direct opponent and most contributed nothing either offensively, defensively or in the contests, at least he did do his task. If you have 22 contributors each doing their task, you don't end up with the disgrace that was tonight.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd