Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 180990 times)

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #945 on: March 12, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »
I don't like Grigg much like I don't like Chappy. They're still both in our best 22 so this injury hurts us.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #946 on: March 12, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
I don't like Grigg much like I don't like Chappy. They're still both in our best 22 so this injury hurts us.

if grigg and chappy are best 22

then richmond are in a bad way
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #947 on: March 12, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
For all this Grigg talk, he is still our link man and when he gets it, it means Lids is likely to get it next which can only be a good thing. Sure he is soft but the opposition let him off the leash a lot. Of course we should be upgrading but he is not as bad as everyone is saying. He plays his role and thus gets games.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #948 on: March 12, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »

if grigg and chappy are best 22

then richmond are in a bad way

I don't want to be a stats guy but Chappy had the 8th best losing % of one on one contest in the league. Kept kew forwards goal less 8 times. Sure had a shocking EF but he's still a competent 2nd tall defender.

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #949 on: March 12, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »
For all this Grigg talk, he is still our link man and when he gets it, it means Lids is likely to get it next which can only be a good thing. Sure he is soft but the opposition let him off the leash a lot. Of course we should be upgrading but he is not as bad as everyone is saying. He plays his role and thus gets games.

^^ This. I'm not convinced he's that soft either. Get's 36% of his possessions contested which is ok for a mid. No one can argue he's a jet but our midfield depth is ordinary at this point and that's why he's still best 22.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #950 on: March 12, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
He's another dried mud flake at the bottom of the same old well Dum Dum keeps going back to and then wondering why we can't past the first week of September...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #951 on: March 12, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »
he is still our link man

Our link man and our tagger?

phhow grigg is like a superhero
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: March 12, 2016, 05:00:36 PM »
he is still our link man

We know he is your superhero Stalin!

:sarcasm2

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: March 13, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »
He's another dried mud flake at the bottom of the same old well Dum Dum keeps going back to and then wondering why we can't past the first week of September...

Interestingly you are using rhetoric to respond to a statistically based arguement.
Interesting.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: March 13, 2016, 09:44:57 AM »
he is still our link man

We know he is your superhero Stalin!

:sarcasm2

Batgirl ?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #955 on: March 14, 2016, 02:02:56 PM »

Interestingly you are using rhetoric to respond to a statistically based arguement.
Interesting.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #956 on: March 16, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »
Grigg eyes off early return

richmondfc.com.au
March 16, 2016

Richmond’s injury fall-out from last Thursday’s final NAB Challenge match against Port Adelaide has further eased, with hard-running midfielder Shaun Grigg on track to make an early return from a thumb injury.

Scans revealed Grigg fractured his left thumb during the clash with Port, and initially it was expected he would be sidelined for the opening three to four weeks of the 2016 season.

But the Tigers’ Physical Performance Manager, Peter Burge, said Grigg now appeared likely to be back in action sooner.

“He’s got a plate inserted into his thumb and he’ll start running later in the week, so we can keep him fit,” Burge said.

“It’s really just when he’s allowed to do contact again and, at this stage, we’re looking at a Round 2 return.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-16/grigg-eyes-of-early-return

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #957 on: March 16, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »
  :facepalm

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: March 17, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
  :facepalm
And here I thought you'd be happy! :lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #959 on: April 02, 2016, 03:05:37 PM »
moron