Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 175193 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #1170 on: September 08, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »
I’m not concerned Grigg won’t be around much longer but he is obviously highly regarded around the club and he’s also teaching players like Macintosh how to a more effective wingman.

Soon we will have Griggs replacement whoever who that may be (possibly Markov) running across the wing two or three bounces and drilling it lace out to Lynch.  :clapping

Funnily I have more faith in the list management team now.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1171 on: April 21, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »
Just watching the replay and the camera panned up to the Tiger boys in the box and Grigg was front and centre.

Would it be safe to say with the new kids we have found in the last couple of weeks that Griggs career is well and truely over?

Imo it’s a big fat yes.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1172 on: April 21, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »
One can only hope

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1173 on: April 21, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
I'll miss those helicopter punts....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1174 on: April 21, 2019, 02:09:57 PM »
He'll be back at some point unless he pulls the pin himself.....Hardwick loves him... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Flag Tiger out for 'the long term' after another setback

AFL.com.au
Sarah Black
May 1, 2019 5:18PM

RICHMOND premiership star Shaun Grigg has suffered a further setback, developing a hip issue alongside his knee injury.

Grigg has yet to play a game this year after being sidelined with a joint problem in his knee.

The club told AFL.com.au the 31-year-old developed the issue while managing his knee injury, and it is difficult to tell if the two are related.

Richmond physical performance manager Peter Burge said Grigg would continue to be out of action for quite some time.

"Currently with Shaun, we're dealing with the hip issue and we're looking at different avenues of how to progress that and get to a level where he can increase his intensity in training," Burge said.

"But it's certainly probably not going to be in the short term. We're probably looking still at the long term and getting him right and back with the group."

The 214-game veteran is out of contract at the end of the year, having signed a one-year deal in September 2018.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-01/flag-tiger-grigg-out-for-the-long-term-after-another-setback

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1176 on: May 02, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
Its best Shaun retires now and leaves the game with the due respect he deserves. Stick him in a car at a Richmond home game and let the supporters give him a proper sendoff as a Richmond Premiership Player.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1177 on: May 02, 2019, 07:54:26 AM »
I noticed just recently that Patrick Naish has put the number 6 on the end of his instagram username....... :shh :shh :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1178 on: May 02, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
 :shh :shh :shh

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1179 on: May 02, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
Serviceable player who gave us our money's worth. And I genuinely believe Grigg has had more to do with our club's positive cultural development than we can appreciate from the outer. I note that several players consistently mention him as one of their closest friends from within the team which probably speaks volumes to his value as a person and clubman.

Regardless it's probably a good time to hang up the boots, now or at the end of the year. Should play some VFL if he can get up but realistically we don't have a spot for him in the firsts anymore.

Thanks Grigga! Deserved your medal!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1180 on: May 02, 2019, 01:15:58 PM »
Out: S.Grigg

In: M.Grigg

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1181 on: May 02, 2019, 01:57:28 PM »
Serviceable player who gave us our money's worth. And I genuinely believe Grigg has had more to do with our club's positive cultural development than we can appreciate from the outer. I note that several players consistently mention him as one of their closest friends from within the team which probably speaks volumes to his value as a person and clubman.

Regardless it's probably a good time to hang up the boots, now or at the end of the year. Should play some VFL if he can get up but realistically we don't have a spot for him in the firsts anymore.

Thanks Grigga! Deserved your medal!

:clapping

Will be interesting to see if club is ruthless enough to cut him or give him another year extension based on past service. Agree with your comment about his contribution to our culture. Great clubman and servant.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1182 on: May 02, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »
Hardwick also admitted Grigg, having hardly missed a game since joining Richmond in 2011, was struggling to deal with his latest injury setback – a hip issue – but was confident the premiership star would be back playing at some stage this year.

“He’s one of those players who’s like having another coach on the field, especially with the runners being reduced we’ve actually missed having him,” Hardwick said.

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1183 on: June 27, 2019, 06:40:57 PM »
Richmond premiership player Shaun Grigg is returning home to play with Redan in the Ballarat Football League.

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6244440/richmond-premiership-player-returns-to-bfl/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg joins Geelong as a development coach (Geelong Addy)
« Reply #1184 on: October 02, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »
Geelong snares former Tiger in coaching role

Ryan Reynolds
Geelong Advertiser
October 2, 2019 3:23pm

GEELONG has made its first key signing of the off-season, snaring recently retired Richmond star Shaun Grigg as a development coach.

The Cats announced Grigg’s appointment on Wednesday with the finer details of his role to be finalised.

It caps off a whirlwind few days for Grigg, who on Tuesday night was wearing yellow and black at Richmond’s best and fairest.

Now his attention is firmly focused on developing the Cats’ next wave of stars.

“Having a quick look and playing against them, (Geelong) has a lot of good young talent,”

Hopefully I can teach them a little bit and fast track their development to bridge that gap so they can come up and play good senior footy. Obviously I have experienced a lot with some good young players at Richmond and helped those guys play good VFL footy but then step up and play that same footy at AFL.”

Grigg, who was forced to call an end to his 214-game AFL career in May due to a chronic knee injury, said recently moved to Geelong with the club acting swiftly to bring him to Kardinia Park.

The 31-year-old said the prospect of continuing his journey in football as a coach was exciting.

“It all happened pretty quickly, to be honest. I’ve been living down here about a month with my young family,” he said.

“I met (Geelong footy boss) Simon Lloyd a couple of weeks ago and just had a chat about footy. Then I got another phone call to meet (senior coach) Chris Scott and a couple of the other coaches and they sort of thought there could be a role in developing some of the younger players.

“With the success Richmond has had in the past few years and being a part of that, hopefully I can bring something different.”

Grigg said his time out injured had allowed him to learn more about the off-field side of the game.

“This year I did a lot with the assistant coaches at Richmond. Damien Hardwick and Neil Balme were unbelievable in giving me that opportunity and helping me develop my skills in coaching and even footy admin as well," Grigg said.

“Once I got a bit of a taste for it, it was something I wanted to pursue. I have been lucky enough to get this opportunity.”

News of Grigg’s arrival in Geelong had sparked speculation that he would play football at a local level in 2020 with Newtown & Chilwell front runners for his signature.

However the coaching role means its unlikely Grigg will play anywhere next season.

“I’m fully invested in the Cats’ program, and I want to see the young guys develop,” he said. “I’ve had my turn, and, unfortunately, the body gave up.

“I’m more than happy to sit on the sidelines now and coach.”

New Geelong development coach Shaun Grigg. Picture: Alison Wynd

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-cats-2020-cats-snare-former-tiger-shaun-grigg-in-coaching-role/news-story/4d75c6d1e42a2d5837ab770979473546