Author Topic: Brad Miller [merged]  (Read 65616 times)

tony_montana

Re: Brad Miller [merged]
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
so many experts here on this forum im surprised u all arnt coaches at afl by now   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

brad miller is a giant lump of drift wood floating with us up poo creek

Wrong, talented footballer with great hands who reads the game extremely well.
Dont know the story behind the scenes with Melb in 2010, something not right there though

lmao hes a spud.

no talent, just a big bloke who offers a target, Ben Holland mkII

waste of time

He is hardly big.- would be jack riewoldt size
he isnt a waste of time and he aint a spud

he moves and turns like the titanic.
 melbourne have no fwd line and they are getting rid of him, think about it  ::)
yeah hes no spud

tony_montana

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
so many experts here on this forum im surprised u all arnt coaches at afl by now   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dont know the story behind the scenes with Melb in 2010, something not right there though

lmao hes a spud.

waste of time
Exactly Tony, He offers a target. What is wrong with that when the guy has good hands and can kick. He has a very good technique actually. Who knows what he might be capable of with some decent delivery. Ben Holland MKII is drawing a long bow. Miller has a ton more pace than Holland. The only comparison you can make between the two is that they both played for Melbourne and both have bigger bodies. I think quite a few of you here have the blinkers on regarding Miller. Firstly he will be drafted as a Mature age rookie, not a first choice KPP. Secondly , have a look at some of his games, you might be surprised to see that he is not as you say a complete waste of time. thirdly, If our current football dept have a specific role for him at the club then thats good enough for me as we are not run by a bunch of nuffers anymore.

sorry tiga but i completey disagree with that. Melboure have an ace midfield, well in advance of us as a side and their ball movement is some of the best in the league, yet they get rid of him and see NO VALUE in keeping him to use as a foil to young Jack Watts. Modern footy has passed him wayyyy by, he is ultra slow, turns like te titanic and doesnt have the running capacity/agility to offer anything. Rebound off him would kill the side he plays for. I absolutely think this is a complete wase of time if true

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
Reading the article I got the impression he would be there for a specific purpose (which wasn't properly explained). The backup to Jack and Griff seemed to be a last resort scenario.

Having had Cuz at the club as a "younger / playing" leader / mentor for our mids and sensing that this has been quite a success, then I wonder if we are looking for a similar type of mentor for our forwards and defenders. Quite a bit was made of his character in the article and there was a fair amount of talk about moving to coaching and using this opportunity as a path. It also stated that he knew exactly what his role would be which sounds to me that it wont be a conventional playing role.

I wouldn't be surprised if he spent the whole season at Coburg from reading that article. You may not agree with the idea of having a playing coach and you may feel that this is a waste of a rookie spot, but it does sound like some inivative thinking. Our coaches seem to like to think outside the box.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 11:17:56 AM »
I reckon they have a plan, I think B.Miller went alright and he is probably being picked up for more than just his football talent.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »

lmao hes a spud.

waste of time
Exactly Tony, He offers a target. What is wrong with that when the guy has good hands and can kick. He has a very good technique actually. Who knows what he might be capable of with some decent delivery. Ben Holland MKII is drawing a long bow. Miller has a ton more pace than Holland. The only comparison you can make between the two is that they both played for Melbourne and both have bigger bodies. I think quite a few of you here have the blinkers on regarding Miller. Firstly he will be drafted as a Mature age rookie, not a first choice KPP. Secondly , have a look at some of his games, you might be surprised to see that he is not as you say a complete waste of time. thirdly, If our current football dept have a specific role for him at the club then thats good enough for me as we are not run by a bunch of nuffers anymore.

sorry tiga but i completey disagree with that. Melboure have an ace midfield, well in advance of us as a side and their ball movement is some of the best in the league, yet they get rid of him and see NO VALUE in keeping him to use as a foil to young Jack Watts. Modern footy has passed him wayyyy by, he is ultra slow, turns like te titanic and doesnt have the running capacity/agility to offer anything. Rebound off him would kill the side he plays for. I absolutely think this is a complete wase of time if true

Tony only this Year have Melbourne been any good in the midfield and Miller only played 6 games but in those 6 games he kicked 10 goals.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »

lmao hes a spud.

waste of time

Tony only this Year have Melbourne been any good in the midfield and Miller only played 6 games but in those 6 games he kicked 10 goals.
Your right, He might adapt to tiger land bettter tahn in melb ... we can only wait and trust Dimma

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 11:54:55 AM »

lmao hes a spud.

waste of time

He is hardly big.- would be jack riewoldt size
he isnt a waste of time and he aint a spud

he moves and turns like the titanic.
 melbourne have no fwd line and they are getting rid of him, think about it  ::)
yeah hes no spud

Melbourne have Jurrah and Watts and will prlly draft a fey forward in Darling or Lynch which is a very good young forward line.  :-[

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Miller 10 goals in VFL were s. Gold Coast

a team of 17 yoas lacking key defenders

I reckon they have a plan, I think B.Miller went alright and he is probably being picked up for more than just his football talent.

his attractive misses?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
Having seen the discussions between tony and the claw regarding bradshaw i can see that tony will not see any benefit  in Miller at all.

To me he will probably be used in a role that some of us thought would have been suitable for Bradshaw, that is a leadership/mentor role as well as providing much needed structure in the forward line if he is required to do so.

The major difference is the cost. Bradshaw wanted three years, which would have been too long and Miller ".. fully understands the role we have planned for him at Richmond" whereas Bradshaw would not have been happy with a role that did not involve being a regular senior player. As a rookie he will be cheap and on a yearly basis.

Don't underestimate the importance of structure in footy, particularly modern football. Recently while commentating Harley was asked what he would say to the players when giving a pep talk before a big game and he said that he would just remind the players of the importance of sticking to their structures.

When griffiths played last year was  when Jack played his best footy. It was with Griffiths in the side that they were best able to isolate Jack one on one and he thrived. When we lost him we also seemed to loose that structure, despite trying a number of options. Having green will be provide a back up if a key forward goes down long term without expecting any key forwards drafted this year from having to step up before they are ready.

If he only plays at coburg again he will provide much needed structure up forward so that the players playing for coburg are playing with the same setups as they will when they get a senior gig.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »
Agree fully Al.  Griff is a smart operator and was really good despite not getting much himself, he did all the things that helped keep our stuff together.  He is, barring injuries, gonna be a gem.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010, 12:39:42 PM »
I think people think we are getting Miller to play as part of our best 22?!  ??? It seems pretty obvious to me that he is not. He is their as insurance and for leadership. I would be surprized if he played more than a handful of games at best but will be an onfield coach for us at Coburg and a leader around the club which we are lacking.

He will not be taking the place of a young potential star no more than a mature aged VFL player would. If we used a pick on him then I would be upset but he will be one of our last choices in the rookie draft so...

Stripes

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
Miller 10 goals in VFL were s. Gold Coast

a team of 17 yoas lacking key defenders

his attractive misses?

Lock him in for 10 goals round 2 then........

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »
my concern is now about the number of rejects coming to Richmond

Houli
Grigg maybe
Sherman
Miller

Its not on. Its rubbish recruiting. Its short cut after short cut. The worst thing is that we need to pay something to get these guys whether its other players leaving or draft picks. In my opinion its bordering on disgraceful if anymore than 1 of these players comes to Richmond.

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 01:15:35 PM »
Ramps its only rubbish recruiting to you mate! no disprespect but Houli and Grigg are 22 years old and have had slow starts to thier careers for numerous reasons, they will be at thier peak when the rest of our side is aswell in 3 -4 years.

Sherman is the one i want the most i think he fits the bill for what we desperatly lack to perfection and want him more than anyone!

Miller is a fantastic idea! His leadership is highly ranked around the AFL and was nearly made captain before it was given to McDonald....Miller probably wont play a senior game for us but will provide great on-field leadership for our young guys at coburg!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
But being a rookie, as opposed to just signing with coburg, if circumstances dictate, he can play for Richmond.

I'm pretty sure the club has put more thought into this, and other possible trades, than most of the people commenting on them
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI