Author Topic: Brad Miller [merged]  (Read 65584 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brad Miller [merged]
« on: October 02, 2010, 02:26:20 AM »
 :help

Rebuilding of Richmond enters next phase under coach Damian Hardwick

* Greg Denham
    * October 02, 2010

THE reshaping of Richmond under first-year coach Damian Hardwick is in full swing.

The Tigers are certain to add some forward support with the acquisition of recently delisted Demon Brad Miller.

Miller, 27, has been invited to join Richmond in December as a mature-age rookie, with a role as a back-up forward for John Coleman medallist Jack Riewoldt and injured young centre half-forward Ben Griffiths, who has undergone reconstructive surgery on both shoulders.

Recruited to Melbourne from Queensland by Craig Cameron, who is now the Tigers' general manager of football operations, Miller is also viewed at Punt Road as a future coach.

"Brad is a fantastic individual who should add great leadership qualities to our group," Cameron said. "He fully understands the role we have planned for him at Richmond, so we're hoping he'll come to us through the system."

The versatile Miller, who has also been successfully used as a key defender, played 133 games for Melbourne since his debut in 2002, but only six this season in a year in which Demons coach Dean Bailey's main focus was to provide more games for his younger players.

Miller was a match winner with five goals against Port Adelaide in round nine, but he played the majority of the second half of the season in the VFL, where he booted 10 goals in one match in August.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/rebuilding-of-richmond-enters-next-phase-under-coach-damian-hardwick/story-e6frg7mf-1225933015173

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brad Miller [merged]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 02:50:38 AM »
Well this will get the tounges wagging..... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:32:24 AM »
Like I've said elsewhere, he won't take games from young kids.  He's there to provide structure at Coburg and to come into the 1s if we get significant injuries.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 03:44:01 AM »
Like I've said elsewhere, he won't take games from young kids.  He's there to provide structure at Coburg and to come into the 1s if we get significant injuries.

Lets hope he doesnt end up like..... um, was it Hunter from the Cats?? I know he was older but gee that didn't pay off.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:17:30 AM by WA Tiger »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 03:44:54 AM »
Of course this will get tongues wagging as it's just plain stupid :banghead. Seriously if it wasn't us it would be laughable  :rollin.

Why does a club in supposedly full rebuild mode developing and giving gametime to younger players need the insurance of a 27 year old washed up dud to run around at Coburg for 22 weeks  ???. Injuries or no injuries, it's not as though we're worrying about wins and making the finals as we are miles away yet. Add Hislop being demoted to a rookie and that's two rookie spots at least just tossed on the garbage heap. Sheesh just when you think after one draft year the club has finally learnt something about decent recruiting, it's back to stupid old short-cut habits the next. Hello Groundhog day  :help

Craig Cameron doing his best to imitate Greg Miller and Greg Beck :yep
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 03:49:59 AM »
Like I've said elsewhere, he won't take games from young kids.  He's there to provide structure at Coburg and to come into the 1s if we get significant injuries.

Lets hope he doesnt end up like..... um, was it Hunter from the Cats?? I know he was older but gee that didn't pay off.
WAT, did you mean Kent Kingsley?

Kingsley was picked up in the PSD so he was clogging a spot on our senior list.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 04:18:31 AM »

WAT, did you mean Kent Kingsley?

Kingsley was picked up in the PSD so he was clogging a spot on our senior list.

Thats him mate, I was editing my post as you posted yours, cheers and I totally agree with your previous comments too.

"Rucks:

TigerTimeII

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 05:46:44 AM »
so many experts here on this forum im surprised u all arnt coaches at afl by now   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 06:27:59 AM »
Think Miller has a lot to offer.
Kicked 10 in an VFL game this year.
Way too many experts on this forum, you should try getting a job at a club ;)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 06:29:06 AM »
so many experts here on this forum im surprised u all arnt coaches at afl by now   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

brad miller is a giant lump of drift wood floating with us up poo creek
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 06:37:18 AM »

brad miller is a giant lump of drift wood floating with us up poo creek

Wrong, talented footballer with great hands who reads the game extremely well.
Dont know the story behind the scenes with Melb in 2010, something not right there though

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »
welcome to tigerland pia :bow :bow :cheers :cheers :gotigers :gobdrop :clapping :clapping :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :santa :santa :santa :santa

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 07:43:46 AM »
I've got no issue with a role focused around a spot at Coburg.  It's ok to say "focus on youth" but like real life, youth still needs to learn and they don't learn by growing alone - mentoring and 'do as I do' guidance is still paramount to their successful transition to adulthood (senior player).  There's more to building and developing our list than just chocking it up with youth - the value of Ben Cousins has been well accepted on here - and even though Miller is not a player in the same class, if they (the club) are looking to him in a coaching-type role then they obviously rate his input.  Remember, this is the same Brad Miller that knocked back a farewell game with Melbourne seniors because he didn't want to take the spot of one of the kids so I'm happy to trust the judgment of the club that he will be used in a suitable role.  Cameron's words give me heart - "He fully understands the role we have planned for him at Richmond" - that he is not being sought as a shortcut.  As Danog said, insurance if we have a horror run with injuries but a role focused at Coburg accelerating the development of the kids is fine by me.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 07:49:59 AM »
I've got no issue with a role focused around a spot at Coburg.  It's ok to say "focus on youth" but like real life, youth still needs to learn and they don't learn by growing alone - mentoring and 'do as I do' guidance is still paramount to their successful transition to adulthood (senior player).  There's more to building and developing our list than just chocking it up with youth - the value of Ben Cousins has been well accepted on here - and even though Miller is not a player in the same class, if they (the club) are looking to him in a coaching-type role then they obviously rate his input.  Remember, this is the same Brad Miller that knocked back a farewell game with Melbourne seniors because he didn't want to take the spot of one of the kids so I'm happy to trust the judgment of the club that he will be used in a suitable role.  Cameron's words give me heart - "He fully understands the role we have planned for him at Richmond" - that he is not being sought as a shortcut.  As Danog said, insurance if we have a horror run with injuries but a role focused at Coburg accelerating the development of the kids is fine by me.

Good post.
I don't feel that this will be Kingsley mk2.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 07:52:29 AM »
Wrong, talented footballer with great hands who reads the game extremely well.
Dont know the story behind the scenes with Melb in 2010, something not right there though

Melbourne decided to go with youth ;)