Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60268 times)

Offline jaigurudaiva

• Tiger Rookie
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 01:33:10 AM »
There should be an organised movement among members tomorrow phoning the club and telling them that if it goes ahead, no renewal
   so do you barrack for richmond or andy collins ???? i barrack for richmond and will be a paid up member till i die   gee people carry on here its only one player its not lids cotch or dusty its only andy collins  ::)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
For some reason I don't really give a poo. Maybe it's because Collins has hardly ever strung together consecutive good games in his time at Richmond? He has talent, no doubt. I don't think he's half the player some make him out to be.

Haven't seen much of Grigg. He finds the footy and is a good size, I will trust Richmond on this one.

FFS, you'd think we just traded away our first round pick for Laycock and Houli. It's bloody Collins for Grigg. :lol

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 01:47:17 AM »
For some reason I don't really give a poo. Maybe it's because Collins has hardly ever strung together consecutive good games in his time at Richmond? He has talent, no doubt. I don't think he's half the player some make him out to be.

Haven't seen much of Grigg. He finds the footy and is a good size, I will trust Richmond on this one.

FFS, you'd think we just traded away our first round pick for Laycock and Houli. It's bloody Collins for Grigg. :lol
It's not necessarily the fact that it's Collins, Davey, it's the fact that we didn't have to give them ANYTHING.  He could have waltzed into the club in the PSD.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »

It's not necessarily the fact that it's Collins, Davey, it's the fact that we didn't have to give them ANYTHING.  He could have waltzed into the club in the PSD.

Fair call man. Guess we're committed to taking Houli in the PSD instead.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 01:56:57 AM »
Plenty see Collins with the rose coloured glasses.
I thought his year was disappointing overall and question whether he has what it takes to go the next step.
He is really quite a nothing player at this point.
There is a reason we are chasing outside types from other clubs and moving on our own.
Not fussed one iota if he goes.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 02:25:45 AM »
Personally I don't think this is all that bad, both boys are the same age, Grigg is 190cm and 84kgs, Collins 187cm and 80kgs, both will grow fill out but Grigg has the build to be alot bigger. Collins hasn't cemented his place in our side, had a good last quarter against the Swans and everyone fell in love with him. Still along way to go for Collins. I think Grigg is mentally and physically ahead of Collins at this time. I would support the trade if it is in fact true.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 04:36:05 AM »
Well IMO it is a bad decision, very bad, not just for the fact that Collins was really starting to do some nice things but the fact that if it goes ahead and Grigg fails...... welcome our new whipping boy. Very unfortunate if it goes that way.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Blues show interest in Tigers' Collins (Age)
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 04:58:29 AM »
Blues show interest in Tigers' Collins
Emma Quayle
October 9, 2010

RICHMOND forward Andrew Collins yesterday emerged as a potential trade for Carlton's Shaun Grigg, as the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn were far apart on a deal to get Josh Hill into brown and gold and Fremantle and Collingwood began discussing Chris Tarrant's return home.

The Blues are seeking a player for Grigg, who declared his desire to join the Tigers this week, and have expressed their interest in Collins, who emerged as a livewire up forward this season, playing 15 games.

Grigg, who played just eight games this season, was drafted to the Blues as a priority pick (No. 19) in the 2006 draft, while Collins was snared at No. 73 the same year.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-show-interest-in-tigers-collins-20101008-16c4o.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 05:10:03 AM »
Hey OE, does the trade period continue over the weekend mate??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 05:35:58 AM »
Yep WAT. Trade week goes to 2pm Monday.

In just his second season at Punt Road, Collins made a name for himself when he was the hero of Richmond's come-from-behind win over Sydney at the MCG in round 14 with the final two goals of the match.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/blues-tigers-swap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345[/i]
One thing to query re-reading Denham's article is he doesn't know that 2010 was Collins' 4th year at Punt Rd  ::). He made his debut in the seniors 2009 so this year is Andy's 2nd year in the seniors. Also Emma Quayle is saying Carlton are showing interest in Collins rather than it's a done deal.

A Carlton supporter on their BF board is saying the deal hasn't been finalised yet and it may include an upgrade of a pick for Richmond. So make of that what you will.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 07:11:57 AM »
It's a nothing trade. North get a key forward who at 22 avgs just under 2 goals per game for pick 80ish and we give up a 3rd pick for one player and possibly a decent, emerging player for another one.

I just feel that as a club we tend to pull the trigger during trade week.
Not patient and seem to lack that tough edge to our negotiating.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:10:32 AM by yellowandback »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 07:42:13 AM »
appalling decision if true simply bc it doesnt need to be done

Offline French Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 08:50:33 AM »
Seriously dont get wahat all the love for Collins is for.Having said that thought we could have given up less given the circumstances

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
THE SKY IS FALLING
THE SKY IS FALLING

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
I like Collins but my only issue if this trade goes ahead as reported is that I think he has more currrency than a straight swap for Grigg.  We should be getting a pick or an upgrade to make it fair value, especially given that Grigg has said he is going.