Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60652 times)

Ox

Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
i will put a bomp at punt road if this is true and blow the lying,morons to their death!

AC is at worst,worth persisting with.

I rate the kid over griggs.

Spoke to W Johnno -tells me Grigg is an hole bloke.

Wake the eff up RFC - I dont want to go to jail :banghead
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:10:02 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »
WHERE IS MY HANDBAG

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
The issue is not that Collins is some kind of superstar, it's that we should be screwing the Blues for all we can. If there isn't an additional pick, or an upgrade to a pick, then we are really doing poorly.

We shouldn't be giving either Carlton or Essendon anything of any value (pick 50 is the max I would give up for either Grigg or Houli). If neither club accepts, we take one in the PSD and the other can go jump.

Why can't Richmond be behindholes at trade time like other clubs manage to be?

6. 2010 Post-season, AFL listed player access
Gold Coast to have capacity to pre-list 10 players who had previously nominated for the AFL Draft, or were previously listed with an AFL club.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=76855

To me that means GC can take Houli and Grigg as one of their "pre-lists" if the players are prepared to go there.
Why wouldn't Grigg or Houli take a guaranteed spot at Gold Coast rather than risk the drafts?
Why wouldn't Gold Coast take a player that an existing club wants?

Note that in todays Age, Houli's manager says he now is prepared to nominate for all drafts rather than stay at Essendon.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »
i will put a bomp at punt road if this is true and blow the lying,morons to their death!

AC is at worst,worth persisting with.

I rate the kid over griggs.

Spoke to W Johnno -tells me Grigg is an behindhole bloke.

Wake the eff up RFC - I dont want to go to jail :banghead

talking about a hole blokes , w druggo is right up there as the no1 a hole

and as if he would say anything good about a kid who hates his beloved blues

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2010, 03:41:22 PM »
Wallace just said the deal was expected to go through today but it'll probably now be within the next 24 hours. He said he wouldn't have let Collins go as he comes from a footy family and is a footy nut. However it's one of those needs basis trade. Richmond must believe they need the defensive aspects of Grigg ahead of the offensive aspects of Collins.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
Na fair call.... lets keep every skinny kid that has been on our list for 4 years in a side that finished 15th. No need for change, if we all cross our fingers we should be right.
Wake up people, Andrew at best will be nothing more than a fringe player at our club or any club for that matter. I love the fact the club is making tough, educated calls on our players and opposition players.
My brother barracks for Carlton and i go to some games with him and i think Grigg has HEAPS more upside than Collo. He wants to come to our club, so i will be more than happy with the deal if it goes through.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
swapping collins for grigg in a straight swap is not a tough decision - its simply a dumb decision.

Based on what? One game against Sydney?

IF this trade is true we are effectively swapping outside type players from the same draft.
We get the bigger bodied player.
We get the player that has played doubled the games.
We get the player that comes out on top in most stats.
We get the player who on average, twice a game he will spot up a teammate who can then goal. ( ranked 13 in the league), playing off the half backline or midfield.
We get the player who has the build and tank to rotate through the midfield when the top liners rest.

All this talk about how we should be bending Carlton over shows just how far removed from the real world many are. If you actively go out to screw someone, expect the same to be done back to you in the future. It's not like selling some fool dodgy speakers from a white van in the Highpoint car park. You have to go back and deal with these people year after year.

Of course having an early pick in the PSD gives you the upper hand in negotiations, but you still have to be realistic. If you actively encourage Grigg into the PSD just because you can, what do you think Carlton are going to be trying to do in 3 years time when they have an early pick in the PSD?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
lol @ the drama queens.
The Tiges are ahead on this deal.

Ox

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
ur probably right Al but idgaf. :scream

Ramps

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
ur probably right Al but idgaf. :scream

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :lol

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2010, 05:20:33 PM »
Success requires hard work and dedication, and it means making hard decisions. It requires an absolute resolve to set this Club on a path and stick to it.

This club cannot afford to take short cuts and every decision we make will be done with a Premiership Cup in mind.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/101723/default.aspx

Hardwick warned us that there would be hard decisions made.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Tigers grab Grigg
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »
Tis' done

Tigers grab Grigg

Richmond has completed its second trade for the week, acquiring Shaun Grigg from Carlton in a direct swap for Andrew Collins.

Grigg, 22, 190cm and 85kg, is a tough, hard-running midfielder, who has played 43 league games since being recruited by the Blues, with selection 19, in the 2006 AFL National Draft.

He played eight of the last nine games in an impressive finish to the 2010 season, before straining a hamstring, which forced him out of Carlton’s elimination final against Sydney.  In five of those appearances, he gathered 20 possessions or more, with a career-high 29 touches against West Coast at Subiaco in Round 17.

“Shaun is the type of player we are looking to add to our list.  He’s got some experience, having been in the AFL system a few years, but is still young and will add to our midfield mix,” said Richmond’s General Manager of Football, Craig Cameron.

“We believe he will be a good fit for our side.  He’s got a bit of size for a midfielder, is hard at it, and has a really good “engine”, which will help us next year with the changes to the interchange system.”

“And he will give us the opportunity to release some of our midfielders to be more damaging options across the field.”

Cameron reiterated the Club’s philosophy during this trade period . . .

“It’s been a priority for us to protect our selections in the upcoming draft, so we can recruit more young talent.  But if the opportunity came up to bring in some players who are in the right age and experience bracket, then we’d be interested.  And, Shaun certainly falls into that category,” he said.

Collins, 22, was drafted by Richmond at selection 73 in the 2006 National Draft, and has played 25 games since making his league debut in 2009.

“Andrew is a quality, young player, but, at the end of the day, you have to give up something decent to get something decent, and that’s what happened with this trade,” Cameron said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/103974/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
All this talk about how we should be bending Carlton over shows just how far removed from the real world many are. If you actively go out to screw someone, expect the same to be done back to you in the future. It's not like selling some fool dodgy speakers from a white van in the Highpoint car park. You have to go back and deal with these people year after year.

Of course having an early pick in the PSD gives you the upper hand in negotiations, but you still have to be realistic. If you actively encourage Grigg into the PSD just because you can, what do you think Carlton are going to be trying to do in 3 years time when they have an early pick in the PSD?

Ask Freo or Melbourne about dealing with Carlton. We come across as soft.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
did freo, or Melbourne, tell you that?