Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60267 times)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »
What the hell are the club doing  :banghead

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »
 :ROTFL
Meltdown. I love it.

As yet uncomfirmed, but that doesn't stop people loosing the plot.

If it is true?

How many people complain about "all our lightweights who get pushed off the swings too easily?"
Collins 187 and 80 kg (start of 2010). That's a long way short of the 100 rule which is a pretty good rule of thumb.
What happened to cries of "been in the system 4 years and is still a lightweight?"

Both griggs and houli are no good because they have only played 43 and 26 games respectively in 4 years, yet people go spare when there is talk of trading out a player who has only played 25 games in four years?

Both these fringe rejects from other clubs have better stats than collins.

Interstingly, Grigg is ranked 13th in the league for average score assists per game. houli 41. Collins doesnt appear in the top 100.

For what it's worth i find it strange that Carlton would be interested in yet another skinny outside flanker type. If they are, well as much as i think Collins shows potential, i wouldn't loose any sleep over it, particularly if we get a pick upgrade.

The club did say they would make some tough decisions. Seems like some are not ready for tough decisions.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
some of you guys are pathetic, the club know what they are doing, if collins was that good they would not trade him but obv they see a better upside in grigg

the club comes 1st

TigerTimeII

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
Meltdown. I love it.

If it is true?

How many people complain about "all our lightweights who get pushed off the swings too easily?"
Collins 187 and 80 kg (start of 2010). That's a long way short of the 100 rule which is a pretty good rule of thumb.
What happened to cries of "been in the system 4 years and is still a lightweight?"

Both griggs and houli are no good because they have only played 43 and 26 games respectively in 4 years, yet people go spare when there is talk of trading out a player who has only played 25 games in four years?

Interstingly, Grigg is ranked 13th in the league for average score assists per game. houli 41. Collins doesnt appear in the top 100.

For what it's worth i find it strange that Carlton would be interested in yet another skinny outside flanker type. If they are, well as much as i think Collins shows potential, i wouldn't loose any sleep over it, particularly if we get a pick upgrade.

The club did say they would make some tough decisions. Seems like some are not ready for tough decisions.

spot on al

Ramps

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
there was no need to give carlton anything. carlton should get zip. they are a poohouse club who our club had a moral duty to do over 1 million percent.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »
Meltdown. I love it.

If it is true?

Not sure what your point is al... most of the posts say or imply terrible decision IF true....

So objectively, we are swapping like for like? From a strong position where we should have them bent over because of the threat of Grigg walking into the PSD. A good trade negotiator should be able to get us our cake and eat it too. We should be able to get one of Grigg or Houli in a very favourable trade deal because of the threat of him walking, and the other in the PSD, keeping a rangy type like Collins who has shown a bit this year IMO. Which is where I reserve some conditional praise.... IF the mooted Grigg-Collins trade is really a ploy to spur Essendon into accepting something for Houli (trading for Grigg would clear the way for Houli to go first up in the PSD), so that we can eventually pick up Grigg in the PSD, then they are being very clever.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »
relax ramps lets see what the actual deal will be before we freak out.

For all we know there may be a very nice draft pick coming our way

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
relax ramps lets see what the actual deal will be before we freak out.

For all we know there may be a very nice draft pick coming our way

That would make it a different result blaisee and possibly a better result for us- lets hope so! - but this thread is about Denhams article where he mentions a straight swap.

gerkin greg

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »
carlton have asked about collo that is all
we dont know if the club is prepared to trade him and if they are it still has to get past the man himself
and i'd bet collo will likely knock them back

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
Meltdown. I love it.

If it is true?

Excellent post Al, your on the money.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ramps

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »
swapping collins for grigg in a straight swap is not a tough decision - its simply a dumb decision.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 01:49:54 PM »
Lets not get hysterical over this people....Its Andrew Collins NOT Trent Cotchin .

As much as I like Collins-lets be realistic.

(1) He is a skinny kid.
(2) After 4 years he is still a fringe player and is borderline best 22.
(3) Even taking into account his last quarter heroics against Sydney and a great soccer goal against the Saints.....Im still not convinced that Collo is going to make it.
Unleash the tornado

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
its not about collins, its about the principal of not caving in when your dealing from a position of strength. a straight collins for grigg swap will see us get a reputation for being easily stitched up in trade week. its not a good look.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »
The issue is not that Collins is some kind of superstar, it's that we should be screwing the Blues for all we can. If there isn't an additional pick, or an upgrade to a pick, then we are really doing poorly.

We shouldn't be giving either Carlton or Essendon anything of any value (pick 50 is the max I would give up for either Grigg or Houli). If neither club accepts, we take one in the PSD and the other can go jump.

Why can't Richmond be arseholes at trade time like other clubs manage to be?

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
its not about collins, its about the principal of not caving in when your dealing from a position of strength. a straight collins for grigg swap will see us get a reputation for being easily stitched up in trade week. its not a good look.

Beat me to it. If this trade is a straight swap, it's a sign of weakness. Not what I expected under Hardwick.