Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60897 times)

Tigermonk

Re: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:35 AM »
Hardwick is replacing under-developed players who are far behind in development with more developed bodies to help bridge the gap with other clubs,  caused by the terrible mistakes of the Richmond board & previous coaching staff under the Casey, March & Wallace era.

Hardwick knows exactly what he is doing & what is required at Tigerland to build a competitive side. Something Wallace had no idea how to go about,  to get ahead of his past mistakes. Instead prolonged our under-develeopment & kept us behind other clubs who had maturing players the same age.

Has nothing to do with replacing players like Tuck :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
Grigg is going to crack 50 games in 2011, will have 5 pre-seasons under his belt and is a good size. He should be ready to be a regular and important contributor to our side.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »
I'm with mightytiges, just feels like a sideways trade
Always liked Collo, didn't think he'd bail on us, and thought Grigg was a prick so i'm a little flat,
Oh well he's our prick now
GRIGGA THA WIGGA

tony_montana

« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »
Ok, Jacobs has gone to the crows so there goes my theory that we gave a bit more up for Grigg to keep our options open for the psd, namely Jacobs which. Does anyone know of any decent names who are out of contract?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
Collo on Trade Week radio.

* First knew about the trade on Thursday.
* Initially shocked and disappointed but after a afternoon of thinking about it he's looking forward to the opportunity to play more through the midfield rather than being stuck too much up forward.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »

Wrong. Its called planning for the future.

Pretty straight forward.
Go Tigers!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
Grigg ready to earn stripes

New Richmond recruit Shaun Grigg says the Club’s long-term vision was the key factor that enticed him to become a Tiger.

Grigg nominated Richmond as his club of choice following a meeting with coach Damien Hardwick.

The Tigers completed a trade for Grigg with Carlton last Saturday, agreeing to a straight swap for Andrew Collins.

“I was mentored as a young player by Nick Stevens, who played at Port Adelaide with Damien,” Grigg said.

“After meeting with ‘Dimma’, it was pretty clear-cut for me.  From the outside, it looked like the players really play for him, and I’m a big believer in that.

“It was clear what vision the Club is setting.  I could see it happening, and I think the future is good.

“It was a pretty tough week.  I had to make a few hard decisions, but I’m rapt to be a Tiger.”

Grigg, who was selected at pick 19 in the 2006 National Draft, has played 43 games and kicked 10 goals since making his AFL debut in 2007.

He started his career as a half-back, was then given the role of a run-with player, before moving into the midfield.

The 22-year-old averaged 22 possessions in his eight league games for the 2010 season, including a career-high 29 disposals against West Coast at Subiaco in Round 17.

Grigg was holidaying overseas during the trade process, but has already been welcomed to Punt Road by his new team-mates and coaches.

“A few of the boys have contacted me . . .  It’s nice to be welcomed into a new club,” he said.

“I’m really looking forward to winning the boys over on the training track, by working hard and gaining their respect.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=104001
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
Saying all the right things as you would expect... I'm kind of worried how much positive press we seem to be getting everyone is saying how we are going places well we might be but there sure is a long way to go still. Still good to here the boys are trying to make him comfortable welcome to the club Shaun hopefully everyone gets behind you and you prove to be a valuable member of the team. :thumbsup

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »
I'm kind of worried how much positive press we seem to be getting everyone is saying how we are going places ...

Why? They've never said it before so this time there might be something in it.  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »

Wrong. Its called planning for the future.

Pretty straight forward.

and you talk to the coaching staff hahahaah

FNM

« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
Grigg wins - good looking fella  ;D

FNM

« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
I wouldn't have a clue how Grigg plays, but I do know when Carlton supporters are cut, and they were at my work today  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2010, 04:45:09 PM »
calm down FNM your old enough to be his Den Mum  :lol

oh was talking to a Carlton supporter who is right in with the club & she is cut also  ;D

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/70827/nab-afl-rising-star-shaun-grigg

Some Footage of Grigg from his rising star nomination from 08!

You guys make up your mind who will be more valuable to us going forward!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

FNM

« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »
calm down FNM your old enough to be his Den Mum  :lol
Grandma more like it lol