Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 28149 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
NAB Cup
« on: October 26, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
A BLOCKBUSTER evening at Etihad Stadium involving matches between 2010 premier Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond will headline the opening weekend of the 2011 NAB Cup.

The fixture for the revamped pre-season competition was released on Tuesday, with the Magpies, Blues and Tigers drawn together in pool two.

They will do battle in a series of 40-minute, lightning premiership-style night games on Saturday, February 12.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=104572
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »
Richmond >>>>>>> Essendon  ;D.

We probably won't last too long against two finals sides if they take it seriously but at least we don't travel and are still considered one of the big 3 crowd pullers.

You don't get much of a break b/w games either. 20 mins after Carlton and we've got to face the Pies who'll be fresh. I guess the one advantage of that is we'll be warmed up and could jump them with a game under our belt.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:32:41 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
Pool 2 times

Saturday Night, Feb 12 @ Etihad Stadium

Carlton vs Richmond             7:15pm         

Richmond vs Collingwood       8.20pm

Carlton vs Collingwood          9:25pm

TV: Ten

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
Only 78 Days,   :gotigers
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:30:52 PM »
Only 78 Days,   :gotigers

That's what I wanna hear!!!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:25 PM »
Pool 2 times

Saturday Night, Feb 12 @ Etihad Stadium

Carlton vs Richmond             7:15pm         

Richmond vs Collingwood       8.20pm

Carlton vs Collingwood          9:25pm

TV: Ten

9:09 Train home  :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »
It's a pain that the games are being played at Ethiad. With three big drawing clubs I can only imagine the place being sold out which means I will have to get their B$%#^@ early. I've enjoyed rocking up ten minutes before the game in the past...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
It's better for us supporters to have back-to-back games. Imagine having to wait and sit through watching Carlton vs Collingwood  :-X.

The Cheer squads fighting for possies is going to fun. Three cheer squads but only two goals to sit behind. Last one to find a goals to sit behind when the music stops has to leave.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Your NAB Cup squad?
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
I thought someone here had already started a thread asking for everyone's NAB Cup squad but I can't find it. So if you have bump it up.

Here's mine.

B:  Farmer   Gourdis   Moore
HB: Grigg     Post    Newman
C:  Deledio  Martin   Morton
HF: Houli    Astbury   Conca
F:  Vickery  Riewoldt  Nason
R:  Graham   Cotchin   Foley
I:  Derickx, Connors, Jackson, Edwards, Tuck, Taylor, Contin, Grimes

I haven't included Griffs due to him coming back from his shoulder even though March said he hopes he'll play round 1. I think Conca and Derickx are probably the closest of the newbies ready to go. Also apart from Jack out spine still isn't locked in.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Your NAB Cup squad?
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »
I thought someone here had already started a thread asking for everyone's NAB Cup squad but I can't find it. So if you have bump it up.

Here's mine.

I haven't included Griffs due to him coming back from his shoulder even though March said he hopes he'll  :thumbsupplay round 1. I think Conca and Derickx are probably the closest of the newbies ready to go. Also apart from Jack out spine still isn't locked in.
expect King to play mate..

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Your NAB Cup squad?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

Here's mine.

I haven't included Griffs due to him coming back from his shoulder even though March said he hopes he'll  :thumbsupplay round 1. I think Conca and Derickx are probably the closest of the newbies ready to go. Also apart from Jack out spine still isn't locked in.
expect King to play mate..
You're right TTID but I'm hoping we eventually replace the Kings in the side with more highly talented youngsters for us to improve.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 04:53:22 PM »
You don't think king can maintain his form of the last 5-6 rounds MT?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »
will miller play if Griff dosent? and Helbig would learn alot from reiwoldt and miller in this game

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
woops i meen Mcdonald

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 07:18:14 AM »
We could be playing Carlton's "A" team or "B" side in the NAB Cup. Teams who have the middle game off may play different sides in the first and third games.

AFL's split-round challenge
Jay Clark
Herald Sun
December 11, 2010

AFL clubs scheduled to play split games in the opening round of the revamped pre-season competition could field two different teams to combat the higher injury risk.

The 2011 NAB Cup features six pools of three teams, with each playing two games on the one night at the same venue.

Each game will consist of 20-minute halves.Six clubs face playing matches separated by a two-hour break.

The increased physical demands on players will almost certainly increase the risk of soft-tissue injury, especially for older players, one month before the regular season begins.

Rather than have to keep players active during the break, or allowing them to cool down entirely, clubs facing the extended break want to field a fresh side in the second game.

If permitted, clubs could use the maximum number of players - up to 48 - on their lists for the NAB Cup opener.

The teams scheduled to play split games are Geelong, Carlton, Essendon, Greater Western Sydney, Adelaide and West Coast.

Each will be helped by playing the opening round at its home ground, where recovery facilities will be on hand.

It is understood extra equipment such as exercise bikes will be sought.

The AFL Players' Association has vowed to take every precaution necessary to reduce players' exposure to injury in the competition.

"Following feedback from our members, we made submissions around aspects of the round-robin format," AFLPA spokesman Ben Hart said.

"These issues included expanding squads so that players were not forced to play in games one and three if that was going to unreasonably increase their chance of injury; and ensuring there are adequate medical and recovery resources for the players.

"We are now satisfied that the AFL has taken all these issues into account in setting up the new format.

"But as a matter of course we'll be seeking further feedback from our members following the pre-season competition and also keeping a close eye on injury rates."

It will be a challenge for Greater Western Sydney, expected to have only about 30 mostly inexperienced players from which to choose.

The AFL is said to be considering allowing clubs to name 30-man squads for the lightning premiership-style round from February 11-20.

The side that finishes on top of each of the six groups will move to round two, with the two next best teams - determined by win-loss and percentage - making up the finals pool.

After the opening week, the competition reverts to standard match conditions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/split-round-challenge/story-e6frf9jf-1225969259785