Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 30465 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »
Gold Coast got over the line in the last minute. Swallow looks set.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
LMAO @ Brown hurting his shoulder after trying to tunnel someone. Sniping prick

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2011, 11:38:02 PM »

Swallow lived up to his huge wraps didn't he. With Ablett in their midfield is half decent already. It's their lack of talls up forward that will hold them back until Sam Day and co. develop. The AFL will be happy as though with the Suns getting through and another game to promote them with. GWS wasn't a complete embarrassment either in their second game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

Swallow lived up to his huge wraps didn't he. With Ablett in their midfield is half decent already. It's their lack of talls up forward that will hold them back until Sam Day and co. develop. The AFL will be happy as though with the Suns getting through and another game to promote them with. GWS wasn't a complete embarrassment either in their second game.

Agree much improved performance by GWS in their game 2.

Was super impressed by Swallow - looks like a gun.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2011, 03:24:55 AM »
Essendon are obviously the only club taking the NAB Cup seriously. I hope the real stuff bursts their bubble  :pray as their supporters are talking top 4 now lol.

Melbourne's key defence though still looks it's weakest element. Frawley is fine but like us they need another tall backman with good footskills. Warnock ain't the answer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »
Essendon are obviously the only club taking the NAB Cup seriously. I hope the real stuff bursts their bubble  :pray as their supporters are talking top 4 now lol.

Melbourne's key defence though still looks it's weakest element. Frawley is fine but like us they need another tall backman with good footskills. Warnock ain't the answer.

It's hard to read isn't it.

Matty Lloyd was on radio saying that Jurrah and Watts have no presence about them and they'll struggle in a final if they made one.

I think the Dee's might slip or plateau a little with Bruce and McDonald gone.

As for the Bombers... one thing I notice is they spread and get into space very well. Still don't think they'll be much though.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »
Essendon are obviously the only club taking the NAB Cup seriously. I hope the real stuff bursts their bubble  :pray as their supporters are talking top 4 now lol.

lol yeah re essendon - seems eerily familiar to what we've been through in the past - cannot wait to see them come crashing down to earth. They'll probably have a half decent season (re the new coach factor) thinking they are going into 2012 "locked and loaded" so wont cut the list thinking its fine and will get pantsed in 2012 when the hype and emotion of the JH factor wears off :lol

Garland is a gun MT - if he's completely over that nasty foot injury he's been carrying he's a very handy KPD. Dee's defence is a strength imo. Their biggest problem is their midfield needs to learn to run just as hard the other way - atm they are a little like carlton and the bombers  - look fantastic when they get on top bc they are full of front runners but can easily be scored against bc the defensive pressure is not there
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:49:35 PM by tony_montana »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »

Wait until the real stuff starts. Major reality check coming..

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2011, 12:20:12 PM »

Wait until the real stuff starts. Major reality check coming..

MAJOR.

Would love to be playing them round 1.

We would ruin their party just like we did for the Hird/ Sheedy retirement game.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
Bombers played better last night seemed to want the win more. Plus Bailey wouldnt of seen how Hird coaches and sets up before.
all in all its nothing but a NAB cup game. Im sure the demons will keep progressing along and become a better team more games they play.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »
Essendon remind me of Carlton under Pagan. Hot in the pre season cold and smelly once the home and away  season begins. The bubble will burst folks and when it does that Pop will echo through the footy community and into the heart minds and souls of every Essendon supporter. The higher you dream the further and harder you fall. :lol :rollin :lol

According to my Blueprint of Essendon's history from 2007 onwards which was written up pre season 2008   The Bombers are going through the cycle  and are currently at Stage 5 optimism.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »
Essendon remind me of Carlton under Pagan. Hot in the pre season cold and smelly once the home and away  season begins. The bubble will burst folks and when it does that Pop will echo through the footy community and into the heart minds and souls of every Essendon supporter. The higher you dream the further and harder you fall. :lol :rollin :lol

According to my Blueprint of Essendon's history from 2007 onwards which was written up pre season 2008   The Bombers are going through the cycle  and are currently at Stage 5 optimism.

I loved that piece Tucker.  Was very funny then and uncannily accurate now!

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »
I know saints have fielded a stronger team but there up 35 - 6 against the Cats at quarter time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2011, 07:41:43 PM »
Not NAB Cup but in the NAB Challenge today Carlton beat GWS by 157 points - 29.9 (183) to 4.2 (26). Thank goodness we haven't been scheduled to play GWS in the preseason. A complete waste of preparation time playing a full game against a side full of 17 year olds.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
Just read that on bigfooty. The only good out of GWS being in the challenger is to play brisbane so they can at least get a win and some confidence.