Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 433016 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: West Coast chasing Conca
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »
Why wouldn't they want Conca, will be a gem.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »
I want the Conca Cuddles to remain an RFC-only act.

:cuddles

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
Required player. Sign him up as quickly as possible.

gerkin greg

« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
not going anywhere

just bought a pizzeria in Pascoe Vale

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »
X 1000 :police:
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #710 on: July 05, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »
 scooter  Selwood  was available with the pick we gave  for Jordan McMahon...ie.  that pick could have got us ward  or Selwood... imagine either running around with us now... :banghead

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: July 05, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »
even better, imagine jordy still running around for us now.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #712 on: July 05, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
scooter  Selwood  was available with the pick we gave  for Jordan McMahon...ie.  that pick could have got us ward  or Selwood... imagine either running around with us now... :banghead

Funny with Ward, he had success playing in finals with the dogs and deserted the ship
Would he have stayed with us? imo probably not either
Selwood possibly but we can only worry about what we have now and what we hope to gain in future, Ive learnt theres no point dwelling on that stuff we have a volcano of talent waiting to erupt  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: July 05, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
I hope we don't pay overs for Conca just because of the WCE offer. That's how we have got into trouble before. Let's face it, Reece has been OK since he was drafted but OK is about as far as I would go.. IMO will never be elite. A good honest footballer that will give his all. Just ask yourself, would we be noticeably worse without him if he decided that home is where he wanted to be??

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #714 on: July 05, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »
Not sure scott selwood is any champion, ive got him as a poor mans jacko  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »
I hope we don't pay overs for Conca just because of the WCE offer. That's how we have got into trouble before. Let's face it, Reece has been OK since he was drafted but OK is about as far as I would go.. IMO will never be elite. A good honest footballer that will give his all. Just ask yourself, would we be noticeably worse without him if he decided that home is where he wanted to be??

If Conca left, Tuck retired and Foley got injured again then we'd be up the poo. We've got Vlastuin now and Arnot might be something, but it's slim after that. I don't want to lose Conca or anyone, the team has only just started to click and we need everyone and can hopefully add to it. Unless we could pilfer Shuey or one of their foot soldiers like Gaff or Masten with their first rounder, or go find way to get Adams off GWS, losing Conca could be a bit of a blow.

I don't think we'll lose him, but I reckon the option of more coin and playing back in his home town would certainly be tempting.

:pray
Fair points dwaino.
But I think you are dreaming if you think we would get Gaff or Masten and their first round pick. Talk about over inflating our players worth! Gaff or Masten would be a fair swap IMO. Both teams would be happy enough with that sort of trade.
Also think you are selling short our midfield a bit.

dwaino

« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »

If Conca left, Tuck retired and Foley got injured again then we'd be up the poo. We've got Vlastuin now and Arnot might be something, but it's slim after that. I don't want to lose Conca or anyone, the team has only just started to click and we need everyone and can hopefully add to it. Unless we could pilfer Shuey or one of their foot soldiers like Gaff or Masten with their first rounder, or go find way to get Adams off GWS, losing Conca could be a bit of a blow.

I don't think we'll lose him, but I reckon the option of more coin and playing back in his home town would certainly be tempting.

:pray
Fair points dwaino.
But I think you are dreaming if you think we would get Gaff or Masten and their first round pick. Talk about over inflating our players worth! Gaff or Masten would be a fair swap IMO. Both teams would be happy enough with that sort of trade.
Also think you are selling short our midfield a bit.

Yeah I know that would be dreaming  :laugh: but just saying unless we could get that sort of return then we'd have a hole in the middle. Not sure it's selling the midfield short though. Just using the same hypothetical, Conca gone, Tuck retired, and Foley with that heel/ankle again, who do we have? Vlastuin, Arnot, Helbig, and Lonergan if you want to include a current rookie listed player. We got through injuries this year and won games due to midfield depth, and if Conca and Tuck weren't around then we're already starting two quality first choice midfielders behind. Of course only using the Tuck example because he's been talked out of retirement a couple times now.

We can't afford to wind back at the moment, we really have to add or do like for likes at the worst if we're going to challenge anything.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #717 on: July 05, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
nicnat and first daft pick or pee off

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #718 on: July 05, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »
I get the feeling Conca will stay as will the other lads.
Dan Richardson has spoken to the boys in relation to the Geelong model and staying with on field success or being greedy to chase big bucks at minnow or fledgling clubs.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #719 on: July 05, 2013, 09:20:28 PM »
I get the feeling Conca will stay as will the other lads.
Dan Richardson has spoken to the boys in relation to the Geelong model and staying with on field success or being greedy to chase big bucks at minnow or fledgling clubs.

he will stay